A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Charliechech
Junior user
Junior user

A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone

I have started an orphanage appeal to aid the homes in the Plovdiv region. I wanted to start it sometime ago, but I have only been able to a short time ago. Reading about everyone else who has started orphanage appeals in their own areas in Bulgaria has been really inspiring.

It all started after chatting with my mum about some clothes her friends daughter had passed on for Gabbi, but they were too small for her. My mum said she would take them to the local charity shop and I happened to mention how it was a shame we couldn’t give them to an orphanage. Well that was it, she thought it was a great idea and it has took off from there.

I started a Facebook group and within 2 days, had 15 bags of clothes and toys donated! I then created a website which is now up and running.

[url=http:
//abrightstartfororphansbg.
webs.
com:2o86m264][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We visited the local orphanage in Kalofer. A local Peace Corp volunteer, Jo, introduced us to the Director and staff, the meeting was a little sticky at first but they were just concerned about what our intentions were towards the home and children. They gave us a tour of the home, told what they needed most and I hope we hope to provide much of it after our next donations come over in April or May. By the end of the visit the Director and staff were really happy that we wanted to help them.

Yesterday, me and my friend Pauli went to the Baby orphanage in Plovdiv. I have just written about our visit and you can read about it below.

We are initially collecting unwanted clothing, shoes and household items which can be used in the homes and in the future will look at doing some fundraising and we are looking into the process of becoming a registered charity.

We were very kindly offered some space on a van coming to Bulgaria, so we could transport our first load of donations. I really can’t thank Dave Sharp enough for doing this for us, he’s a star!

The appeal is still in the very early stages, but the response I have had from friends, family and people I have never met has been incredible. Over the next year I hope to arrange fund raising days here in Bulgaria and also in the UK.

If anyone would like to donate to our appeal or has ideas about fundraising in our area, please contact me.

Thanks everyone

Charlie
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:37 pm

Thats great news you seem to be doing a great job for these children and so do your helpers, especially Vince and Vittorio, I'm sure that all the children will have a wonderful Christmas now A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 2706089290
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:18 pm

So many truly amazing people on this forum who do so much for the less fortunate and never count the cost!!! well done :A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Does it get any better I come on here and read about the Silistra garden party and now this :Congtrats:Charlie your all doing a brilliant job it must really make the children so happy to receive all these gifts I can't imagine how they must feel, keep it up and I'm looking forward to reading more from you in the future A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 570106603 A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 570106603 A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 570106603 A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 570106603
Back to top Go down
Charliechech
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Thanks all. And yes, there will be more to come.

Gabbi has just started nursery today, so being at home full time, I've not had chance to do much on the forums, so it's all steam ahead from now :)

Not sure when the donations will arrive, but should be in plenty of time to sort all the donations out and get them to the different homes and then get ready to take the shoebox gifts for Xmas. :Xmas3:

s s s
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:00 pm

I know what you meant cheekchops can it get any better? No! I don't think so I was just thinking to myself that I wish the world was made of people who only care about others and not themselves and here on this forum I think we may have trend starting congratulations to you and all that help you achieve such a brilliant task and all the very best for the future A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 3367882216
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Wooo Woooo This is good news A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 3023850720

:Fireworks: :Celebration: :Fireworks: :Celebration: :Fireworks: :Celebration: :Fireworks: :Celebration: :Fireworks:
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: Re: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Well done everyone A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 1995268642
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:12 pm

Good news from you to Charlie A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 570106603 A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 570106603
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:18 pm

I can't add anything to whats already been said so all I say is A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Charliechech
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Need your help please!!!!!!   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi all

I have a fresh appeal and I hope that someone is able to help us.

To cut a long story short, we have a gentleman who is helping with our appeal. He started collecting donations and it’s gone from 10 bags to 3 car loads within a week!!!

Now this gentleman also supports an animal welfare movement in Bulgaria and a home has been found for 3 kittens that were being abused.

Now, the appeal – this gentleman is willing to rent a van and drive to somewhere like Austria or Hungary. What he would like is if some kind person is willing to drive and meet him in one of the countries, with the kittens. He will then take the kittens on to Italy, where the new home will be and for the said kind person to bring the donations for the orphanage back to me.

If anyone is in a position to help 2 great causes, please can you PM me.

Thank you

Charlie
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Forgive my ignorance but would these animals need some sort of paper work? and if so do you have it ???
Back to top Go down
Charliechech
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:46 pm

The information on the kittens can be found here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... rna?v=wall
(Bulgarian only)

This lady is also involved.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 932&
v=wall

I am waiting more information and will post it asap

Thanks
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Thank you A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:28 pm

I can't help but A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 1430720830
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 9:51 pm

I hope you got sorted out with this I've only just managed to catchup A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria   A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Bright Start for orphans in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next