View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just wondered if anyone has spotted any storks this year? I think it's time for them to start arriving in certain parts of Bulgaria ? so it would be nice to hear from anyone who has seen any? and some pictures might be nice to
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:59 am

One of our storks also returned last week. Hope his/her mate turns up soon. Lovely birds and wonderful to see them teaching the young to fly soaring in the wind thermals.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Saw our first Spring Storks last Saturday but they had been in this Village for about 5 days before we saw them g
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:50 pm

Yes we have 2 lurking around at the moment both I assume males and waiting for their lady's It seems that waiting for ladies is a pass time of all male species :LMHO:but don't tell the wife because I'm logged on here under her name :Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 3897195628: Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 3998065313 Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 2345823347
Back to top Go down
cowshed-sarah
Super user
Super user
cowshed-sarah

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Tut Tut I will be telling her everything when I next see her you will be in for it then Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:58 pm

On the way home with my son yesterday - driving down the lane to our village - saw one circling over the road - another one was in the field. We stopped and watched them for a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Would you believe there are very few Storks left in our area. According to the locals the Storks know that the weather is going to turn colder and the forecast is for cold to very cold weather in October :C: :C: :C:Winter draws on [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Thank you Tony for making my day Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 2381841692
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:35 pm

cheekychops wrote:
Thank you Tony for making my day Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 2381841692

Your welcome s
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Chestnut bud, storks flew, coming winters

Sn.: ImpactPressGroup
Standard

28 August 2012 08:14

Chestnuts, located on the boulevard "
Seaside"
in Varna flourished again months before the end of summer. According to popular belief when the trees are blooming for the second time we expect winters.

A magnificent spectacle witnessed residents of Varna district "
Vinnitsa"
last night before sunset. Hundreds of storks circling about an hour over the city and were a delight to the eye of locals staring at the sky, Daric writes. Vinichani to 30 years living in the neighborhood, told The Darik that over the years have seen flocks of flying, but so many storks in one place and stay here - never.

The fact is that storks flew south this year too early. This bodes short and rainy autumn and chilly winters and long, too old Shopski. According to legend, if flocks fly to August 22, the fall will be very short, and winter - heavy and long, snowy and cold. If storks head south to 1-2 September, autumn and winter will be normal explains the elderly.

They are worried because many of the storks flew south on 15 August. "
It's very early and is indicative of our expectations harsh winter months,"
ranked Nikolay Popov, a retired biology teacher. According to him, today's scientists are wrong, that we are waiting for a normal winter. Before the days of Bourgas ornithologists announced that storks flying time from our country.

The behavior of swallows is also worrying, say prepatilite sea wolves. They generally migrate south in late September. But now the swallows gather in flocks and cooked at the end of August to leave the country. It also predicts a severe and prolonged cold season, according to old people. They predict that winter will begin in October.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:20 pm

varnagirl wrote:
Chestnut bud, storks flew, coming winters

The fact is that storks flew south this year too early. This bodes short and rainy autumn and chilly winters and long, too old Shopski. According to legend, if flocks fly to August 22, the fall will be very short, and winter - heavy and long, snowy and cold. If storks head south to 1-2 September, autumn and winter will be normal explains the elderly.

They are worried because many of the storks flew south on 15 August. "
It's very early and is indicative of our expectations harsh winter months,"
ranked Nikolay Popov, a retired biology teacher. According to him, today's scientists are wrong, that we are waiting for a normal winter. Before the days of Bourgas ornithologists announced that storks flying time from our country.

The behavior of swallows is also worrying, say prepatilite sea wolves. They generally migrate south in late September. But now the swallows gather in flocks and cooked at the end of August to leave the country. It also predicts a severe and prolonged cold season, according to old people. They predict that winter will begin in October.

Well, thanks varnagirl this news has really cheered me up, having a long and prolonged extra cold winter is not the news I was looking forward to, but here's hoping that the winter will be short and only slightly chilly. We didn't come to Bulgaria for tropical heat, but we didn't come for arctic conditions either!!

Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 2706089290 Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 2706089290
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 6:26 am

Interesting stuff. The storks here are starting to move out, but there are still quite a number feeding in the rice fields. The swallows are flying around in around my garden and lawn as I write..yesterday I sat on lawn and had them swooping around me catching insects, so low and close that I could touch them if I had wanted to..it seemed to take them only a few minutes to get used to my presence and come really close.

About the winter...fingers crossed!

s for now.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:57 pm

Those of you members that are living in Bg and have not been here that long will notice that there are stalls in the main Streets and in Kaufland ,Lidl etc selling little strings of Red and White. These bands will be worn by Bulgarians until they see the first storks. We get a few to wear and seems to be more and more year on year. Join in it can be fun but beware take them off when you bath or shower they feel awful when wet.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 5:04 pm

You mean the Martenitsa Tony

Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 5:14 pm

Blink wrote:
You mean the Martenitsa Tony

Yep Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 1865348797 Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 1865348797 Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 2706089290 Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 2706089290
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Haven't seen any yet, but guess they must tapping their feet ready for the flight here, we will really pleased to see them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spotted any Storks yet ???   Spotted any Storks yet ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spotted any Storks yet ???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next