altText

Furniture

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:10 am

I am contemplating a move to BG in the near future. Would you advise shipping my existing furniture to BG or buying new upon arrival?
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:27 pm

i dont know what furniture you have , but i would say if you have expensive stuff bring it . If cheap dont ,
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:32 pm

Agree with John here I took some of mine but in hindsight I wished I taken all of it, you can get some decent stuff in Bulgaria but you just need to find it which can take a while so my advice is the same as John's

Good luck M8
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Pavlova
Junior user
Junior user

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:45 pm

I would advise to bring your own ..I found it very comforting to have my own stuff around me when I arrived because as much as we may make light of things moving to another country is a very big upheaval.Also unless you have a large bank balance the quality of the stuff here is very poor...
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Take everything you can,tools here very expensive and not good quality.same with the furniture,english quality far better.

Mike
Back to top Go down
hev
Junior user
Junior user

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi there

I moved over to Bulgaria in June and I insisted on bring most of my own furniture and I am glad I did, I dont have expensive things but they are mine and I feel more at home with my things about me, the quality here is not anywhere near english quality, although they have good things, I like my comfort and here I have found that most of the furniture is very basic, sixty style in gereral or you have to pay very high prices to have things brough over from other countries, ie germany, france and england. Most of the tools and diy things are not good but they are cheap but that is why! the paint and varnish is watery, and takes lots to cover the smallest area, apart from that Bulgaria is a wonderfull place to live, with very freindly and helpfull people. good luck with your move. Depending on where you are moving to. I can reccommend the company that moved my things, not one breakage and they where fairly cheap and very freindly.

regards

Hev
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:18 pm

I can only endorse what's already been said and that if you can bring your with you the stuff in Bulgaria really isn't up to much to be quite honest
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:44 pm

Knowing where to shop is the answer .
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:51 pm

If you know some good tool shops i would be very grateful,i need a bench saw but here the quality is not very good,Argos do one for 30 quid,its small and cheap,but here the cheapest i have found is mr brickolarge 300 Lev 150 quid same sort of size

Mike
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:51 pm

I think your right John for me it was just easier to it the way I did but if you know where to shop then its half the battle, how about some good pointers for those who don't know
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi mike there is a decent shop of sorts just outside Yamol, don't know if you have seen it? if I remember correctly its near the murcury hotel it’s on one of those little ind estates, I will have a think and try and be more specific
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:11 pm

Sorry i dont know your area , but i do know what you will get for 30 pound . This will be Chinese and of poor quality , IF you buy bosh metabo or similar you will pay more but it will last longer . You can get a cheap saw in VT i think the brand is RTV as we have a shop that sells the cheaper end of the market . I have started a topic on here about shopping .
Back to top Go down
Bigdog
Junior user
Junior user

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:08 am

mickhev wrote:
If you know some good tool shops i would be very grateful,i need a bench saw but here the quality is not very good,Argos do one for 30 quid,its small and cheap,but here the cheapest i have found is mr brickolarge 300 Lev 150 quid same sort of size

Mike
BeauMax seem OK to me as they sell tools from right across the price range, as an example cordless (rechargeable) drills range from 39.99 Lv (Cheap and cheerful but ideal for occasional home job) up to 299 Lv (For an international brand for constant professional use) Similar price variations for most hand tools, spanners etc and being a German company they honour guarantees which in itself is an oddity in Bulgaria!
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:19 am

That sounds good,i would think the nearest one to me would be Bourgas i will have to trot along and have a look.many thanks for the info

Mike
Back to top Go down
sheenbg
Junior user
Junior user

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Hi fingers,

If your furniture is expensive then definitely worth bringing over. Try finding out prices by shipping as well as by road transport. When we moved we did not bring any furniture as it was turning out cheaper to get new furniture.

However, the following may be of interest to you:
We have a 2 bedroom house and we have a buyer for the house. However, the buyers do not want the furniture and hence, we are looking for someone who would be interested in buying the furniture. If you are interested please let me know. I can send you the pictures of the furniture and you can also visit the house to see the furniture.

Regards
Sheenbg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Furniture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furniture   Furniture Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Furniture

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next