altText
altText

Furniture

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:10 am

First topic message reminder :

I am contemplating a move to BG in the near future. Would you advise shipping my existing furniture to BG or buying new upon arrival?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
fingers

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:25 am

sheenbg. I have taken note of what has been said about bringing my own furniture and intend to do just that.
Back to top Go down
jenny2803
Junior user
Junior user

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 am

Hi Sheenbg,
What area are you in? I could well be interested in some of what you have.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:43 pm

sheenbg wrote:
Hi fingers,

If your furniture is expensive then definitely worth bringing over. Try finding out prices by shipping as well as by road transport. When we moved we did not bring any furniture as it was turning out cheaper to get new furniture.

However, the following may be of interest to you:
We have a 2 bedroom house and we have a buyer for the house. However, the buyers do not want the furniture and hence, we are looking for someone who would be interested in buying the furniture. If you are interested please let me know. I can send you the pictures of the furniture and you can also visit the house to see the furniture.

Regards
Sheenbg

Just wondered Sheenbg did anyone take you up on your offer
Back to top Go down
bluejock45

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:41 pm

just to let you know for tools to purchase and diy and household gear there is Masterhouse just outside Sunny BEACH and u can buy just about anything almost like b and q
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:07 pm

bluejock45 wrote:
just to let you know for tools to purchase and diy and household gear there is Masterhouse just outside Sunny BEACH and u can buy just about anything almost like b and q

Thanks bluejock45 that will be very useful to know
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:31 am

Hi guys, i recently well one year ago renovated our apartment in Plovdiv and it was pure frustration....however after finding everything kitchen beds etc etc etc we were right happy with the quality and style.

However this took alot and i mean alot of weeks, and most places we went into would say we would have to wait 6 weeks for delivery!!!!

However my husbands friend made all our bedroom furniture which i have to say doesnt even compare to uk standard it is amazing, we walked him around one shop where we found furniture that was just lovely but expensive and he went to work on our bedroom suit for us! we were lucky with this.

Bringing stuff from the uk is good however can be expensive but there are very good priced companies working from uk if you need a tip get in touch and i can give you a conatact i use on a regular basis. It won;
t cost you thousands of pounds!

However we do have the convinence of places like argos in the uk, which we don't really have here so you also won't be walking in to a shop and finding variety or everything in one go!

As for sofas, it was blooming difficult trying to find a suit and not a corner divan thing!!! depending on area wher eyou will move i can help with recommendations of shops to visit to buy furniture if you chose this root....remember there are pros and cons to everything!!! it could be just as expensive to ship it out here as it would to buy everything brand new so budget will answer most of yoru queries!!!

hope this helps :)
Back to top Go down
Charliechech
Junior user
Junior user

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:16 am

We have not been over impressed with furniture here in BG, but we ended up getting our suite made by a company near Klisura, near us. This was over 4 year ago.

Now we have ben looking at furniture for the new house and we did find one suite we liked in a shop oppopsite the old Metro in Plovdiv, love it BUT it's 3,500 leva!!!!

Soooo, I would say, bring from the UK. A couple who bought near us were looming at furniture durin their last trip and they have decided to bring from the UK. Saying that, they only looked locally the choice aint that good, but they've decided the UK option is best for them.
Back to top Go down
estars
Junior user
Junior user

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:45 am

I will be coming from China to Bulgaria, I priced up getting my furniture shipped to Bulgaria from China . But the cost and paperwork/customs it's not worth it Furniture - Page 2 794030042

Are there any good furniture stores anyone could recommend? will be looking for furniture for all rooms Furniture - Page 2 927475117

Or will it be cheaper to buy in the UK and pay for transport?
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:36 am

AAAAHHHH Shopping - my favorite subject. Furniture - Page 2 1865348797

If you are planning to move to Yambol/ Burgas area I would be happy to recommend a few places. It depends on your budget as to what you get. I do find the quality of a lot of BG mass produced items is not so good.

White goods I would buy in BG - if just for servicing and warranty. This is a link to a website so you can have a look at a few prices [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... ish%29/.do

I have bought 2 lots of buy bedroom furniture here - The cheaper one BG produced (for the master bedroom) needs replacing after 3 years - only good for firewood now. I will actually get my husband to make a new bed - We have just built a walk-in wardrobe (plaster boarded sectioned off area for clothes) as I can't find a decent sturdy wardrobe I like for under 1,000 Leva.

The more expensive one (for my sons bedroom) is still going strong - very happy with it.

The bed I bought over from the UK outshines the stuff I have bought in BG by far!!!

Sofas - Bought one in BG - am happy with it - cost about 800 Leva, 3 and a half years ago. Coffee tables etc. were also shipped over form UK.

Kitchens - I personally am waiting for IKEA to open in Sofia - I bought a 400 Leva "
komplekt"
one here which would be OK if it was used only 2-4 weeks a year but no good for everyday use - The plan was always to replace it when we fully revamp the kitchen, this was just a temporary fix. There are a few good, reasonably priced, kitchen suppliers and installers in this area - I just like the gadgets you get with an IKEA kitchen.

One rule I now have when buying in BG - I never buy anything with a veneer coating it just starts to peel off in no time. Solid wood or glass is much better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
estars
Junior user
Junior user

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:57 am

T[size=150:y0jm01l2][size=150] Esta.

Great information, I am going to hate to buy again in BG as i will be leaving some great furniture in China Furniture - Page 2 927475117

Esta if you like shopping then you would love Nanning, China divided in to types of shops ie about 400 computer shops in one area selling every brand known. then there's the clothes shops!! my wife can spend all day and all the money there!! :eek:

I had a look at buying direct from furniture manufacturers here in China, but I would have to order a 40ft container full... Maybe I should start a furniture business!!
[/size]
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:08 am

Best I don't go anywhere near Nanning, if there are loads of clothes shops there Furniture - Page 2 2381841692!!!!!

I have an American client/ friend who wanted to import furniture to BG - Sadly, at the time, she found the import costs (I'm no authority on this though) did not make it feasible. I saw some photos of her furniture - looked fab. Shame. Furniture - Page 2 927475117
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:46 pm

I have stated in another thread that I have found a small company that make furniture in the Yambol area. Beds, cupboards doors etc. Made to your requirements and specifications PM me for more info g
Back to top Go down
estars
Junior user
Junior user

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks Tony T i will give you a PM..

Cheers
John
Back to top Go down
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:13 pm

What about Greece and Turkey, is it possible to buy there and bring it in, does anybody know and if so what's the quality like? Or if you live in the north, what's available from the neighbouring countries? Would this be cheaper than transporting from UK, or not? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:20 pm

The furniture in Greece is very good as it is in many country's it just depends where you buy, as Greece is a member state you won't have any problems buying from any of them and bringing it into Bulgaria. As far as I am concerned there isn't any reason to go to the trouble of bringing your own furniture from the UK it will cost you more than its worth unless your talking Antiques? Although I did bring some pieces I wanted that had memories.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Sponsored content

Furniture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Furniture   Furniture - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Furniture

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next