Photobucket warning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

Photobucket warning Empty
PostSubject: Photobucket warning   Photobucket warning Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 11:53 am

A lot of us use the likes of Photobucket to host our photo's etc or some other type of cloud to save all sorts of stuff as I do/did I had a total of 174 photo's stored on Photobucket until recently, but when I logged onto the site to upload another couple and found that they were not visible even though the system was telling me I had 174 images. I contacted Photobucket to ask what the issue was and then I got an array of questions asking me what the problem was and that I should visit their Q&A section Photobucket warning 794030042 I replied and told them again several times what the issue was but kept getting replies with no real answers, but then after 21 days I finally got a reply but not the reply I was hoping for.

Hello,

We thank you for your patience while we investigated the matter. Our engineering team has been working tirelessly to identify and recover your images. They identified a technical issue that had 1 out of a billion odds of occurring. Unfortunately, your account was one of the handful that were affected. They have spent countless hours to recover your images, but yielded no results. They have added additional safeguards in place to make sure this never happens again.

We are refunding all charges that have been made for the past 12 months. In addition, we will be providing one year of our AdFree subscription-- A $14.99 value.

Once again, we strongly apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Angry

Fortunately for me I have copies of all my photo's but there will be some of you who think uploading to places like Photobucket or any other cloud is safe, well it isn't so don't trust any cloud or imagining storage site with anything important. On another note they weren't very apologetic ie  the compensation they have given me amounts to nothing since I don't pay Photobucket anything and I have never seen any adds on there anyway, so basically they think they have made me happy by offering me an add free service which is worth about £12. Anyway rant over but do be carful.
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

Photobucket warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photobucket warning   Photobucket warning Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for sharing your misfortune, I do use PB but having read the above I shall stop using it. Photobucket warning 3356871870
Back to top Go down

Photobucket warning

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1