HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

This may interest the readers amongst us.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

This may interest the readers amongst us. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: This may interest the readers amongst us.   This may interest the readers amongst us. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 6:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Being an avid reader and owning a collection/library of some hundreds of books, most of which I've read many times over, an idea popped into my head today.

A book exchange or borrowing service exclusively for forum members.

I'm not talking about one of those places where you pay to get a copy, or exchange one for one etc.....more like asking for or requesting a certain title, or works by a certain author who you may find interesting. I'm pretty sure we all have books tucked away, gathering dust which were saved because they were a good read (or cost a bit more than normal)...maybe it's time to share them around. As I said earlier, I don't envisage any type of fee or payment...example...someone asks for a specific copy or works by that author....someone just happens to have what that person needs...box it all up, call the courier...receiver pays the freight fees.
We are pretty lucky here in Bulgaria...companies like Econt and Rapido provide a countrywide service at a very reasonable rate and they both do the COD thing.

If anyone is interested in such a concept, I'm happy to start it all off. If there is enough interest, I'm sure Ashley could advise me on how to start a seperate, dedicated section, under the Index listings.

What do you all think...am I rocking the boat?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: This may interest the readers amongst us.   This may interest the readers amongst us. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 5:08 pm

The next
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This may interest the readers amongst us.   This may interest the readers amongst us. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 5:32 pm

I will need to look into this as I don't want to find we have problems wiith copyright or file sharing laws so untill I can check can we please not upload anymore. Perhaps you could tell me how these eBooks work? do you buy a license ? or do you actually buy the books and then they are your to do as you please ?

g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: This may interest the readers amongst us.   This may interest the readers amongst us. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 6:45 pm

Hi Ashley, The ebooks that I would upload are copyright free.

Under EU law life + 70 years (the life of the author + 70 years)
USA law 95 years after publication
Australian law (for justbazz) life + 70

for further verification please check the following link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The books that I would upload contain at the beginning a disclaimer that will state that they are free for distribution, this means also without payment, in so far as copyright is concerned I believe that the material that I have submitted is copyright free.

For example; I also have a collection of H G Wells books, but as he did not die until 1946 it is not something that I would wish to offer until 2017.

Sorry to have thrown a stone into the millpond that was not my intention, I will make no more uploads without consent
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: This may interest the readers amongst us.   This may interest the readers amongst us. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 7:00 pm

A footnote to the above;

These ebooks are free and without licence.

The major problem is to source them and as I have them on file and they don't contravine EU copyright I just thought it may save members time scouring the internet.

Please note the underlining of "these" is indicative of only the ebooks that I would offer.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This may interest the readers amongst us.   This may interest the readers amongst us. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 8:57 pm

Ok that seems all fine so share away g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: This may interest the readers amongst us.   This may interest the readers amongst us. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 10:01 pm

Thanks Ashley, I shall wait on a response from other "readers" before posting more.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: This may interest the readers amongst us.   This may interest the readers amongst us. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 6:08 am

e books on a Kindle are read by HI....I still prefer the real thing in my hand......
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: This may interest the readers amongst us.   This may interest the readers amongst us. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 4:48 pm

I couldn't agree more, the tactile essence of a book is part of the charm. Sometimes, however, either because of location or the simple fact that the book is no longer in print sometimes an ebook is the only option. One reason why I like the software that I use for ebooks is that you can either click on the margin to turn the pages quickly or click and drag which turns the pages in a more realistic manner.

One question though, what is HI in your post?
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   This may interest the readers amongst us. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 5:50 pm

That had me puzzled too...but I'm guessing it means 'Him indoors' or 'Him inside'.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: This may interest the readers amongst us.   This may interest the readers amongst us. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 5:52 pm

"" Him Indoors "".... La
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: This may interest the readers amongst us.   This may interest the readers amongst us. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 5:55 pm

This may interest the readers amongst us. - Page 3 2142662594 I see, a reversal of the Arthur Daly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This may interest the readers amongst us.   This may interest the readers amongst us. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This may interest the readers amongst us.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3