altText

Daily chatter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Daily chatter - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 5:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys though we might have a post where we can have a daily chat What do you think?

Today i got the passport forms fill in a total nightmare to do now but I got there, then I had to battle the photos booth and if you make a mistake you lose your £5.00 so have to listen to all the instructions and select the right options, I almost had fun photos instead of ID photos. All we need now is to get someone to sign and stamp the photos and sign the applications forms - then send them off and wait to see if they are ok.

What you been up to.................
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 7:50 pm

Quite right [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] g g Welcome home hope you had a fab time VG [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] H
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Daily chatter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 8:08 am

For colouring your cement mix, what you need is " Boya za cement" ...it translates as paint for cement, but is also used for the powdered version.

As far as I recall, it comes in brown, green, yellow and red, but with a bit of mixing, you can get some interesting variations. It will dry a lot lighter than what you see when the mix is wet, so be mindful of that.

Hope that helps you.

:Chat

Pronounce the first word as two bits...'Boo Yah'.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 12:16 pm

Thank you Bazz will get that tomorrow. g

Well we found our first mistake, Daily chatter - Page 4 2345823347 When we took the boards away from the higher part of the patio the cement did not go right down the sides, even though we banged the side. The rubble is loose and falling out.  So what to do! We sat and had a cup of tea than decided the best way is to build a small wall, so we moved the boards back about 4" on one side, filled it with cement so it attaches to the patio. Now waiting for it to dry, if that works we will do the other three sides.  The lower part seems to be ok but we still have to bring it out to meet the new wall.

We will know next time build a little channel all the way round first then fill with rubble Daily chatter - Page 4 3367882216 Daily chatter - Page 4 3367882216

Last edited by oddball on Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Daily chatter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 1:37 pm

It's so much fun learning these things...isn't it? Hot
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Daily chatter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 5:45 pm

Just to add a bit to the above posts...a bit late for Berni and Dougie, but may just help anyone else who may be planning a similar project. Over the years, I've planned and constructed more than a few outdoor projects...suffered a few failures...had to go back and do again until I developed a technique which works.

I won't bore everyone by posting a step by step thingy on here, but if anyone needs advice, just PM me...I will be happy to help and there is NO cost involved...advice (born of experience) is free.

c
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 7:02 pm

g g Great T. It is a learning curve all the time but we are enjoying it, if it goes wrong we will know better next time. g

Next project I do Bazz I will consult you for advice first Daily chatter - Page 4 3367882216
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 5:49 pm

oddball wrote:
: if it goes wrong we will know better next time.

haha , you sure about that gal.....lol
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 6:50 pm

varnagirl wrote:
oddball wrote:
: if it goes wrong we will know better next time.

haha  , you sure about that gal.....lol

ha well i will know better can't speak for other half La La
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily chatter   Daily chatter - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daily chatter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4