altText

The weathers changing now

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
1abroad
Junior user
Junior user

The weathers changing now Empty
PostSubject: The weathers changing now   The weathers changing now Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 9:17 am

Yes it won't be long now so what are you doing in preparation in your garden. I will be harvesting and preparing the soil for next season, spreading manure, sowing winter crops, tree pruning, chopping/collecting wood for winter, etc.
Back to top Go down
bob
Junior user
Junior user
bob

PostSubject: Re: The weathers changing now   The weathers changing now Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 9:32 am

I will be having a go at planting Garlic, Onions Broad beans, Spinach and a winter lettuce,never done it before so its a leaning curve for me so any advice or tips would be appreciated. Then there is the obligatory preparation of the garden ready for next season which is getting rid of all the dead stuff giving the soil a good digging and turn over along with some manure to break down over the winter, by the time I've done all that I will be ready to hibernate La
Back to top Go down
1abroad
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: The weathers changing now   The weathers changing now Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 9:41 am

You could have a go at Spring cabbage but it needs to be in now and in the warmest part of your vegetable garden. Good luck with you learning its what we all do here.
Back to top Go down
1abroad
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: The weathers changing now   The weathers changing now Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 9:49 am

Forgot to mention you might want to try good old Parsley it grows well here.
Back to top Go down
bullseye

PostSubject: Re: The weathers changing now   The weathers changing now Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 11:56 am

Your all welcome to come and take over my garden I just can't be bothered with it, at the moment my neighbour takes care of it. Pint
Back to top Go down
1abroad
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: The weathers changing now   The weathers changing now Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 11:59 am

Its ok bullseye I have enough to do but if its being looked after by the locals then you won't get better gardeners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The weathers changing now   The weathers changing now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The weathers changing now

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1