altText

Changing a landline telephone no. - warning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Changing a landline telephone no. - warning Empty
PostSubject: Changing a landline telephone no. - warning   Changing a landline telephone no. - warning Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Having sold our original home we left all our utility bills with our agent who said he would sort them. However, I having sold our house in November and paying the telephone landline bill in December, we are still receiving high bills for the new owners. I went into the main BTK shop in VT with a notarised paper showing the new owners name and requesting them to stop sending me (my company) bills. I was astounded to find that I had to pay the bills! I asked them to cut the line but they wouldn't unless I paid the bills. At this point, for the first time I lost my temper in Bulgaria! I was told I must come back with the new owners. What???? Me on the bus and them in their car from a village 25kms away? I walked out with the bills unpaid and promptly phoned my agent (on my mobile!) and he said he will sort it. Why not before? I will be posting said bills (now 113.98levs) in their post box with a request to please pay up.
Just thought others should be informed of this situation for future. It seems a notarised piece of paper informing of the house sale is worthless. If I had realised this in the first place I would have informed BTK to stop the line but the agent said he would do it.
Once more, don't trust your agent to do anything after money has changed hands. It will be interesting to see if he does actually sort the problem or if my terse note to the new owners will do the necessary. Changing a landline telephone no. - warning 794030042
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Changing a landline telephone no. - warning   Changing a landline telephone no. - warning Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:37 am

thats so annoying for you oldun ...but it seems its the same old sh**e all the time... in the 9 yrs of being here ,nothing has changed with regards to people not doing what they are paid to do ....unless you chase them all the time.....and as for the burocrecy of it all ...words fail...
well polite words anyway !! Changing a landline telephone no. - warning 2581928987
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Changing a landline telephone no. - warning   Changing a landline telephone no. - warning Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:11 am

You are so right Varnagirl and the EU seems to have changed nothing regarding a lot of bureaucracy in Bulgaria. I woke up this morning still furious at the ridiculousness of the situation. In hindsight I should have just taken the phone with me and returned it to BTK since the new phones are more or less mobiles. Or I should have insisted at the point of sale in the Notary's office that we all went straight to BTK. I can just imagine the reaction to that!
Why won't BTK cut the line? If that was done I am sure our rather stroppy new Bulgarian owners would have hot-footed it into the office. BTK cut me off when we first arrived after 6 weeks of not paying because we hadn't had a bill!!!!
This is the first time I have been so angry so sorry for that folks, but just be sure you take note of this stupid situation. I am about to post the bills into the new owners post box. They already have a whole years Bulsatcom TV for nothing because I am a nice person and decided to leave it. It seems 'niceness' is seen as weakness and stupidity!
I am now seriously adding this to my list of 'downsides' to living in Bulgaria but when the snow and ice is finally gone, I will probably change my mind.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Changing a landline telephone no. - warning   Changing a landline telephone no. - warning Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:19 am

this red tape is always the one thing that causes frustration. Changing a landline telephone no. - warning 794030042 what should be a very simple thing becomes a nightmare. Changing a landline telephone no. - warning 794030042
vivacom cut my phone off..................................and i had paid my bill. what can one say. Changing a landline telephone no. - warning 794030042
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Changing a landline telephone no. - warning   Changing a landline telephone no. - warning Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:31 am

Glad I'm not alone Starlite. I put up with a lot in the beginning because I understood Bulgaria was not, at that time, under any western influence but little seems to have changed re. beaureaucracy. I should have asked to see the 'chief' who was closeted in his office! Also, the staff doesn't seem to speak English anymore. Those that did, seem to have left or were, maybe on a 'pochifka' (break). Ha ha. It was a fellow customer who did the translating because my Bulgarian failed me I was so angry. I do have a breaking point.
The next thing is tackling the tax forms which also stay the same for us Brits who had to have a Company in order to buy. Has that changed yet now we are in the EU? Once again confusion reigns and more money will be changing hands from us to them whether we keep our companies or close them. Changing a landline telephone no. - warning 794030042
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing a landline telephone no. - warning   Changing a landline telephone no. - warning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changing a landline telephone no. - warning

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1