View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Electricity prices - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Electricity   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 3:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has any Member noticed a sharp increase in their electric bill's this winter. I haven't got any electricity on yet my latest bill is 67.04leva. expensive alarm system
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 11:28 pm

oddball wrote:
bgbazz wrote:
Rip off for sure! I only found out about this today and then only because the Mayor came around with some translation work for my wife. This poor old soul is in her late eighties and doesn't understand or deserve this rubbish. Thankfully we have a Mayor with b*lls and he won't let the matter rest.

Get them to come and cut her off!! See if they can find where to cut off Electricity prices - Page 5 1865348797
:Electricity prices - Page 5 1931734156:
Might not be a good idea if she hasn't been connected for over five years with no metre. I am interested and confused now, how did she get her electricity if the nearest wires were 50 yards away
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 6:31 am

She hasn't had electricity connected at all for more than five years. She cooks on a wood fire, in the old way and uses a candle at night. Her family move her into the city during the colder months but she is always back home when the sun shines.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:31 pm

I am wondering how they are going rate our bill as (our meter was stolen) Electricity prices - Page 5 3135333095
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:45 pm

oddball wrote:
I am wondering how they are going rate our bill as (our meter was stolen) Electricity prices - Page 5 3135333095

They will probably estimate it, like they do even though the meter is on the wall Electricity prices - Page 5 1430720830
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:37 am

have you still got electric? we got cut off when our meter was stolen, then we had to buy a new meter, pay to have it fitted and pay to be reconnected before the electricity was turned back on. Electricity prices - Page 5 794030042
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:44 am

beautifulangel wrote:
have you still got electric? we got cut off when our meter was stolen, then we had to buy a new meter, pay to have it fitted and pay to be reconnected before the electricity was turned back on. Electricity prices - Page 5 794030042

Well they the people who look after the place said we have electricity so we will see in few weeks
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:56 pm

Good luck with your electric bill Berni.
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Quote :
then we had to buy a new meter, pay to have it fitted and pay to be reconnected before the electricity was turned back on

I had the same problem and was charged near to a 1000 lev. Please let me know if this was about the same for you ? Thanks
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:19 pm

Bulgarian Caretaker Govt Seeks Ways to Cut Electricity Prices
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:41 pm

I'm finding all this talk of being charged 'fees' for meters and connection etc. a bit strange. Six or so years ago, when I started to convert this old barn type structure into a modern residence, the meter was hanging off a mud brick wall with a half a dozen dodgy wires connected to a pole outside..the fusebox had nine 'pepperpot' ceramic fuses and they would blow every time the wind blew because the meter and everything else would sway in the breeze! For obvious reasons, I wasn't totally happy with this system, so I called EVN for advice and within a few hours they had been out, installed a new metal post, fixed to my outer wall, all new cables, a new digital style meter, a new fuse box with circuit breakers instead of the old ceramic fuses and then spent quite a bit of time testing all the wiring (which I had installed) for safe load and operation etc. They seem to have done the job properly, because we have never ever had a problem since that day (except for when the power goes off in the whole area).

The total cost for the above exercise was just over 30 leva, plus a couple of bottles of beer, at the end of the job. The 30 leva covered the cost of the circuit breakers and box to house them..everything else was free!

I still can't work out why anyone would want to steal a meter..what the heck are you going to do with it? It has no salvage value and its unique code means it can't be used anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:58 pm

30 lev and a beer sounds a litte better bgbazz. The reason I asked was because I had to reconnect the supply to a house I own. I bought it years ago and did nothing with it. The meter was taken out by the supplier a few years ago - The property was not been used so this was my fault. I was charged (and told) a cost of 1000 lev. This seems a little excessive to me ? This is why I am interested to ask other forum members the figure they have paid for the same service.
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 7:03 pm

we're with eon, and our electric definately doesn't work with out a meter so im envious if other peoples does. We paid 200lv for a new meter, 35lv to have the meter fitted and 19lv to have electric reconnected. All of which was really annoying when someone else stole it. s
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:11 pm

This rubbish about buying a new meter..is just rubbish! If they want to meter your usage, they should provide the meter! Next thing you know, when you buy petrol, you have to buy the petrol pump? When I had my mains water connected, I was told to provide the meter, but as soon as I told them I could fit one that wouldn't provide positive useage (read backwards) the story changed and a got company meter.I actually use a fair amount of water during the summer months, with the pool, garden and a big house, but the bill has never been much more than 5 leva for a month.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 3:15 pm

Electricity prices due to go up on 1st July
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Electricity prices - Page 5 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Typical eh!! So all that protesting etc had no affect what so every Electricity prices - Page 5 794030042
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Electricity prices - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electricity prices

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next