View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Electricity prices - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Electricity   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 3:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has any Member noticed a sharp increase in their electric bill's this winter. I haven't got any electricity on yet my latest bill is 67.04leva. expensive alarm system
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:34 pm

willowsend wrote:
Have a read, open the link and tell me if what we read is true or a load of bull. Will it happen, I suppose we will have to wait and see

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... es-shares/

There was something very similar in Sofia news. The Bulgarian PM is very worried by the protests.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:43 pm

All the main TV channels had good coverage tonight. Nova showed a lot of live footage..including the blood and violence!..Late news will probably show it again, in case you missed it.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:21 pm

Tuesday night update from [size=85:2ieuh2um]Novinite
Several people have been injured in clashes between police and protesters in downtown Sofia on Tuesday evening.

A young boy had his leg broken and an elderly man suffered head injuries, according to reports of Darik radio.

Private TV station bTV coverage showed a police car with a huge blood stain.

bTV reporters informed that many of the protesters who were being taken to the Pirogov hospital in Sofia were 50+ years of age and were hardly likely to have behaved aggressively.

The private TV station reported that the injured had mostly suffered head bruises and knocked-out teeth.

The tension escalated after angry protesters started throwing stones, smoke balls, bottles, and tomatoes at the police.

The protesters started dispersing around 8 pm.

Preliminary reports of bTV indicated that 8 injured had been taken to the Pirogov hospital and no demonstrators had been arrested.

Tuesday's rally in Sofia combined protesters against the abuses of monopolies in Bulgaria and against the approval for the expansion of the Bansko ski zone, as well as a torchlight march of nationalist party Ataka.

Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:57 am

I think this electric company should be comletely stripped of it's licence and thrown out of Bulgaria for playing Dick Turpin at the exspence of the consumer. How dare they pretend that mistakes were made as this is no defence and tantermounts to incompetance if that is there excuse which is unforgivable! There are people as we all know who live in the villages can barely afford to have an electric light on at times and these "
Muggers"
come along and send them into debt causing stress and anxiety to them.I am sure there is a company who would like to come here and take over from this so called electric company and run it fairly!
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 8:41 am

Bulgaria's Cabinet to resign at 12 midday.

Sofia News.

Also related

Sofia News

Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:54 am

Willowsend that is exactly the scenario that has been happening all over Bulgaria hence the protests. The people are furious at the monopoly of the utility operators and the fraudulent speeding up of meters. No idea how they can do that but its obvious by the huge amount of protestors that somehow they can.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 10:03 am

This situation is very serious and was all over National TV this morning. Boyko and his cabinet have resigned. What happens now?
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 10:27 am

I refer to my first posting on this topic:- Up to 100,000 people take to the streets to protest against the massive increase in Electricity bills
"
We fully understand the anger of the people. If needed, we will pay compensations to our clients,"
Petr Baran, Vice Chairman of the Management Board and Chief Operational Officer of CEZ Bulgaria, told Kanal 3 TV Channel.

"
We serve more than 2 million clients. Mistakes happen. Each complaint will be carefully considered and checked. If there are mistakes, corrections will be made,"
he added.

Compensation to our clients :Very funny 2:That's the first joke
Mistakes happen :Very funny 2:That's the second joke
Corrections will be made Electricity prices - Page 3 1865348797 That's the third joke
The whole situation is a joke, and I don't mean a funny one, It's Serious
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:29 pm

oldun wrote:
This situation is very serious and was all over National TV this morning. Boyko and his cabinet have resigned. What happens now?
It looks as if they are "
Up creek without a paddle"

Is this the start of a "
U"
turn [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 2:01 pm

I sometimes feel my quote/autosignature should be removed and today is one of them - all this happening and two weeks before we come to view properties with the intention to move to BG later this year if all meets our expectations.

Couldn't have come at a worse time when after nearly a year of research, research and more research and now this happens.

Bad day at work to top of that well!!!!!!!

Electricity prices - Page 3 794030042 Electricity prices - Page 3 794030042 :Headbang:Mr BG
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 2:06 pm

speedgunner wrote:
I think this electric company should be comletely stripped of it's licence and thrown out of Bulgaria for playing Dick Turpin at the exspence of the consumer. How dare they pretend that mistakes were made as this is no defence and tantermounts to incompetance if that is there excuse which is unforgivable! There are people as we all know who live in the villages can barely afford to have an electric light on at times and these "
Muggers"
come along and send them into debt causing stress and anxiety to them.I am sure there is a company who would like to come here and take over from this so called electric company and run it fairly!

The resignation of the government is a great shame, not only for the people of this great country who voted for them, but their apparent ineffectiveness in running the country with regard to corporations and large businesses. National and international businesses worldwide appear to run the countries they have their businesses in and for some reason governments are unable to take action. The UK is no better, they appeal to the likes of Google and Starbucks to pay some tax when the ordinary person in the street is being swathed in one tax or another. Governments are elected to govern, that is the principle we all live by, or so we thought. So it is time that governments do govern companies as well as individuals and make it quite clear that any company that doesn't do as it is told will automatically be taxed at 99% of all profits.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 2:24 pm

itchyfeet wrote:
speedgunner wrote:
Muggers"

The resignation of the government is a great shame, not only for the people of this great country who voted for them, but their apparent ineffectiveness in running the country with regard to corporations and large businesses. National and international businesses worldwide appear to run the countries they have their businesses in and for some reason governments are unable to take action. The UK is no better, they appeal to the likes of Google and Starbucks to pay some tax when the ordinary person in the street is being swathed in one tax or another. Governments are elected to govern, that is the principle we all live by, or so we thought. So it is time that governments do govern companies as well as individuals and make it quite clear that any company that doesn't do as it is told will automatically be taxed at 99% of all profits.
itchy. How can the resignation of the government be a great shame, when as you comment about the apparent ineffectiveness in running the country, and now the people of Bulgaria who voted them in have now voted them out, all 100,000plus of them in demonstrating. Is that true or am I being unkind. On a personal note, I would be more than happy to receive compensation/credit on my electricity bill of 260leva for three months and nobody living there. If it was not for the security system the electricity would have been switched off completely c
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 2:49 pm

willowsend wrote:

itchy. How can the resignation of the government be a great shame, when as you comment about the apparent ineffectiveness in running the country, and now the people of Bulgaria who voted them in have now voted them out, all 100,000plus of them in demonstrating. Is that true or am I being unkind. On a personal note, I would be more than happy to receive compensation/credit on my electricity bill of 260leva for three months and nobody living there. If it was not for the security system the electricity would have been switched off completely c

At least the ineffectivesness of the BG government in controlling the country and controlling unscrupulous companies has brought about their resignations. If the governments in the rest of Europe was half as honest there would have been governments falling all over the place including our own in the UK. The ordinary person in the street, either working or not with regard to austerity measures being in place everywhere, are the people bearing the brunt of paying for the awful state that finance institutions have created around Europe. It will be a hard year for some countries in the EU and it will be interesting to see if any other governments go under as a result of their ineffectiveness in controlling what goes on in the countries.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:00 pm

The latest, 1 hour ago [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 9J20130220
Click on the video showing the demo's and I think you will agree that it is mainly the younger generation involved shouting Mafia out
Wage and pension freezes and tax hikes have bitten deep in a country where earnings are less than half the EU average and tens of thousands of Bulgarians have rallied in protests that have turned violent, chanting "
Mafia"
and "
Resign"
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:08 pm

I have just been watching the Bulgarian news and I am mesmerised. I feel very Bulgarian and my heart swells with pride at being allowed to live here. Nothing will make me leave until I am ready to leave and I fully support the Bulgarian people. Its more than a 'shame'at Boyko's resignation. I would like to think that if the people want him out he is willing to resign and let them find out for themselves what the alternative is. Brave move I would say whatever your politics.
I don't think it is up to us immigrants to criticize or pontificate on what is happening today in Bulgaria. Having lived here for so many years I like to believe that I have some idea of how Bulgarians are thinking today. It takes a long time for newcomers to begin to understand Bulgarian political history. History is not wiped out in a moment. There are many undercurrents involved recent events and the EU and any other government has little to do with it. The people have had enough and the electricity rises were just the straw that broke the camels back. Its going to be a people's revolution and quite different to austerity riots elsewhere which is a relatively new turn of events.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Electricity prices - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electricity prices

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next