Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 8:40 am

First topic message reminder :

I have spent a day sorting out beads ribbons motifs and material and listening to wonderful music whilst i did it. The beads etc were donated by wonderful people to help with the making of Christmas stockings and bags and hopefully some rag dolls for next years Silistra garden party.
Well i got to thinking what hobbies do you all have. I don't mean the animals and gardening it is part of living here but the the things that are special to you.
I love music, you tube for learning different things reading, knitting, cooking and entertaining going to the theatre
I teach and have clients for ostiopath massage and reflexology etc.
Colin loves any thing to do with crafts too and computers He makes beautiful leather handbags walets etc now

How about you? Any one wanting to share their passions hobbies etc it may give some ideas to new people here in BG and ideas to those that are looking for some thing new to try.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
justbazz1

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:59 am

Never alone Chrissy, just a dire shortage of native English speakers!
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Its us that bgbazz, that will be meeting up with next week when I arrive in Bulgaria for my 1 month holiday , and I am also looking forward to the meeting up, as not only is it nice to meet others, but it also looks like we may have a fair bit in common (although I hav,nt been a pilot) including the off road bikes and jeeps, the mountain bikes, and both married to a Bulgarian partner.
hobbies - Page 2 1536469901

My other hobbies over the years include scuba diving, skiing, and motorbikes, I also have 2 volkwagen campers which I used to be very heavily into (they both need finishing off having been in my garage for 15 years in one case and 9 years for the other.
Just lately I have got back into 1.32 model car racing (ie scalextric but much quicker) having joined a local club with a giant track.

hobbies - Page 2 2581928987
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:53 pm

My wife is the hobbist as long as we have been married some 34 years. When I was a soldier Debbie used to make womens clothes and at the Arm Air Corps Mess functions I never had to buy any gowns for her and she was that good the other ladies would ask what shop she bought them from.We went to Canada on a posting and she took up Ceramics as this was a popular hobby over their and also leather work making belts and hand bags and was pretty good at it.Debbie carried on with these hobbies when I retired from the Army and tooki up card making which she still does over here in Bulgaria and she is good at that as well.As for me my hobbies are unatainable as they are to exspensive like flying planes and helicopters but I am on the look out for a quad bike which is not the same I know but I have this large hill at the edge of my land and fancy doing a bit of off roading with it.Apart from that I read books and play World Of tanks on my PC.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Doing interesting stuff on a PC is a subject I neglected to mention as a hobby. I built myself a state of the art cockpit, complete with all the bells, whistles and electronic wizzardry you could wish for. When Mike was here recently, the system was undergoing an upgrade, so he missed out...I would have liked to have him fly almost any aircraft he chose over his house for the 'birds eye view'. I've just spent an hour or so flying over Bulgaria and checking out where some of you live..was that 5 or six eggs you collected this afternoon Sara..I couldn't quite see.

Much cheaper than the real thing and far more skill required.

Does anyone else have an interest?
Back to top Go down
blanche

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:31 pm

well i like doing the card making thing which i have done for years. last year i took up knitting again and have tried my hand a crocheting but am pretty pooh at it but intend to practice over the winter. i like to bake and trying new recipes. i am trying to learn bulgarian ..........struggling most of the time but my teacher says i'm doing ok. just think it is so much harder the older you get. i finally got my clarinet here from the uk earlier this year so once again over winter i intend to try and annoy the neighbours.........think ear plugs could be the order of the day. and just on the off chance does any one know of some one who would be able to service my clarinet as some of the keys are sticking. i really should have had it done in the uk before my daughter brought it over but never thought about it. oh and i'm also going to have a go at doing a patch work quilt and would love to make a dolls house............roll on the cooler weather eh
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:38 pm

I can't help you with the clarinet service, but as it's a very popular instrument here in BG, there's bound to be someone local who can help, or point you in the right direction. I used to play one in another life, but I heard a tape of me playing once...and gave up straight away!!
Back to top Go down
will666
Senior user
Senior user
will666

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:32 pm

For sticky keys on a clarinet, try lighter fluid on a bit of cloth, put it under the pad and press down a few times ,it removes dirt from on them as you pull the cloth out, cures it most times
Back to top Go down
http://www.my-bulgarian-house-renovation.com
oddball
oddball

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 3:09 pm

blanche wrote:
well i like doing the card making thing which i have done for years. last year i took up knitting again and have tried my hand a crocheting but am pretty pooh at it but intend to practice over the winter. i like to bake and trying new recipes. i am trying to learn bulgarian ..........struggling most of the time but my teacher says i'm doing ok. just think it is so much harder the older you get. i finally got my clarinet here from the uk earlier this year so once again over winter i intend to try and annoy the neighbours.........think ear plugs could be the order of the day. and just on the off chance does any one know of some one who would be able to service my clarinet as some of the keys are sticking. i really should have had it done in the uk before my daughter brought it over but never thought about it. oh and i'm also going to have a go at doing a patch work quilt and would love to make a dolls house............roll on the cooler weather eh

Nice one Blanche, you will be so busy you won't have time to go out. g
Back to top Go down
blanche

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:20 am

thanks for the hint about the lighter fuel will give it a go. but a friend of mine works in the local high school and is going to ask in the music department for me so one way or another looks like i've got it covered. thinking of having a go at a raggy rug as well. my friend has just started one and it looks good so thats on my list as well phew!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 2:16 pm

blanche wrote:
thinking of having a go at a raggy rug as well. my friend has just started one and it looks good so thats on my list as well phew!!!!!!!!!!!

Go girl hobbies - Page 2 603428086 :nit1:get them fngers walking. You know if your stuck and want to off load some of the stuff and if you wish you can donated any of your hand made item to our raffe or auction or even the Glavinitza project at any time please let us know. Chrissby make 100's of Xmas stocikings, bags knitted toys etc etc for all our orphanages and she also crocheted 4 kingsize blankets and others for our Auction at the Garden Party on 14th Sept. Amazing lady.

A friend was making a huge rag doll but we ran out of time so maybe next year hobbies - Page 2 1536469901

Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 6:19 pm

I remember back in the late 1950s we always used to get involved with making rag rugs, I think the main reason wasn't so much that it was something to do, but more to the point of keeping our legs warm on those dark cold evenings.
(Ok so I was only 2 years old but I still remember it)

Hobbies?
I thought of another one the other which was driving over and selling LHD cars, until I found a post explaining the various charges etc on second hand cars. hobbies - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 6:38 am

morning all nice to see the hobbies all rolling in and sharing ideas and people setting hobbies and things up for the winter months .
I have just been making pin cushions I have lots of bits left from other projects and so i have started to make a few tiny things pin cushions stocking shape circles strawberries all could be used to hang on the christmas tree too
Keep on hobbying s
Back to top Go down
blanche

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:20 am

well bernie &
dougie if you are waiting for my donation guys you will have a long wait as i'm sooooooooooooo slow with knitting crocheting etc took me all winter to make a blanny for my friend for her birthday in april and i only just got it done. another example is a cross stitch sampler i started for my friends daughters wedding...........they got divorced this year after 13 years and the sampler is still unfinished in the cupboard lol. my intentions are good but i always get side tracked.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 11:28 am

You've brought back memories, Blanche. I started a cross stitch sampler when I was pregnant with my third baby.
He's now 26 and it's still not finished!! Perhaps one day I will complete it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 11:30 am

blanche wrote:
well bernie &
dougie if you are waiting for my donation guys you will have a long wait as i'm sooooooooooooo slow with knitting crocheting etc took me all winter to make a blanny for my friend for her birthday in april and i only just got it done. another example is a cross stitch sampler i started for my friends daughters wedding...........they got divorced this year after 13 years and the sampler is still unfinished in the cupboard lol. my intentions are good but i always get side tracked.

hobbies - Page 2 1865348797 :Very funny 2:No, no, not at all Chrissybg keeps us well stocked with everything our little hobbies - Page 2 1763269238 However, Blanche shall we say an item for 2020 Garden Party g hobbies - Page 2 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hobbies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hobbies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next