View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 8:40 am

I have spent a day sorting out beads ribbons motifs and material and listening to wonderful music whilst i did it. The beads etc were donated by wonderful people to help with the making of Christmas stockings and bags and hopefully some rag dolls for next years Silistra garden party.
Well i got to thinking what hobbies do you all have. I don't mean the animals and gardening it is part of living here but the the things that are special to you.
I love music, you tube for learning different things reading, knitting, cooking and entertaining going to the theatre
I teach and have clients for ostiopath massage and reflexology etc.
Colin loves any thing to do with crafts too and computers He makes beautiful leather handbags walets etc now

How about you? Any one wanting to share their passions hobbies etc it may give some ideas to new people here in BG and ideas to those that are looking for some thing new to try.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 9:37 am

Hmmm, let's see. I have let hobbies lapse over the past couple of years, due to space and time issues. But I still have loads of materials for making cards, which I used to do and sell in my sister's post office in the Lake District. I also still have a lot of embroidery stuff, some of it was my Grannie's, I used to embroider everything in sight, but it's out of fashion now. I love my little camera, and will take a photo of anything in nature, or cooking, but am now restricted to my immediate surroundings mostly, which is one reason I would like to create a pond. Mainly due to curtailing the use of the car since being here. I used to go out a lot in the car, to see to the horse and walk the dogs somewhere different. I use masses of photos in my blog and on facebook for family wishing to keep tabs.

Errmm, I'll have a go at anything arty crafty, but am not necessarily any good at it. I like to make and decorate cakes, but not much call for it now. Again, I have lots of equipment lying idle. Used to ride a lot, (and drive a bit) but arthritis and being unfit has stopped that. I miss caring for a horse very much.

Dave is arty too. He likes to draw, paint and also has tried his hand at cards. He also likes to take photos and has a better camera than me. DIY is a relatively new hobby, born out of necessity, and only this morning he has made a sun-drier for the peppers he has picked and prepared.

That's us.

Sara
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 10:44 am

I don't have a lot of spare time to follow a real hobby, but photograpy is something I enjoy. I have a number of cameras, my favourite being a tiny little GoPro Hero3, which I use as a dash cam, underwater cam and I can strap on my head and film whilst tearing around on my mountain bike. Because it has built in wi fi, I can stream live video onto my tablet, computer or phone. Had it set up over a goldfinch nest recently and observed five chicks hatch and grow.

I also like to paint and draw, but I'm not very good at either.

My DIY projects could be classed as a hobby, I suppose. I made all the wooden furniture in this house, including beds and I'm just beginning to make a six seat sofa set for the movie room downstairs.

Transforming this 150 year old house and barn into the 21st century has been a labour of love and might loosely be described as a hobby.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Apart from the usual reading, walking, hiking etc, I used to enjoy archery.
I have all my kit here, but haven't really had the time to keep it up. I think I'm so rusty now the animals would be in mortal danger! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 1:20 pm

My hobbies have really been music. I started out with a snare drum in the Boy's Brigade many years ago, I was then promoted to solo drummer and then battalion solo drummer, my last year with them was spent as band master. Of course things didn't stop there, because I bought a drum kit and after a lot of practice was employed as a freelance drummer with rock group's and dance bands. Then I purchased a double manual electric organ with foot pedals, as a youngster my mother encouraged me to play the piano and I took my grade A pianoforte exam in a very large house on Wimbledon Common on a grand piano.

In recent years I have played the Scottish Bagpipes and was a piper with the Epsom and District Pipe Band, we played at functions mostly on Armistice Day and our regular booking was in the square in Shepherd's Bush. My finale was to play at the Lord Mayor's Show in London and in recent years to perform in full Black Watch regalia on Burn's Night's in Turkey, my next booking is at the Castle Hotel in Veliko Tarnovo for a Medieval Evening.
Back to top Go down
will666
Senior user
Senior user
will666

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Ive got lots of hobbies and not enough time

i play guitar, keyboard , trumpet, trombone, drums , I also collect old 70s and 80s computers and old electronic instruments from 60s, 70s and 80s

Im also into rebuilding and tuning 1980s and 90s cars , fly paragliders, collect and breed citrus plants , grow things with hydroponics, make model jet engines and I build and fly model aircraft

I also collect anything that can be collected.... Ive got boxes of junk everywere
Back to top Go down
http://www.my-bulgarian-house-renovation.com
justbazz1

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:42 pm

I like a lot of that stuff too, Will. Do you live over here?
Back to top Go down
will666
Senior user
Senior user
will666

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:52 pm

bgbazz wrote:
I like a lot of that stuff too, Will. Do you live over here?

Moving to BG full time in November hopefully , its difficult though!

I was in BG till the end of July and leaving UK again the end of August , back in UK middle of October and then back in BG mid November for Christmas , For the last year ive been kind of 1 month UK then one month BG driving back and forward as I run a company with factories both in UK and Bulgaria, soon most work will be in Bulgaria and I can stop driving round
Back to top Go down
http://www.my-bulgarian-house-renovation.com
expatinchina
Junior user
Junior user

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:33 pm

I rehab and repurpose second hand furniture, love cooking, entertaining, investing, and reading about social science and current affairs. I am a foster mum for several animal rescue charities and I'm into hydroponic growing.

Of late however, planning the ultimate veggie garden and researching goat cheese recipes seem to be taking up a lot of time ;
)
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Will, when you are back here and have some free time, could you slip me a PM.
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:28 pm

so nice to see every one sharing :Thank you:and Will and BGbazz making friends through the interests they have well done guys keep it up
I have enjoyed getting to know you all a little more
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:56 pm

'Tis kinda nice Chrissy..as you know, I've been here quite a while now, but haven't spoken to or met any real English speaking folk except Mr and Mrs Eq for quite a few years (when I met them, it was like the sun had just risen). I seem to live too far away from most of you for any social interaction, so I've just had to lump it. Having said all that, I'm looking forward to meeting with another couple in the coming week..I'll leave it to them to post their impressions if they so wish.

I really like being part of this forum with its ups and downs, odd fellows and genuine, nice people.
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Quote :
Ive got lots of hobbies and not enough time

Me I have plenty of time but no longer any hobbies, unless if spending too much time on the computer is classed as a hobby, well then I suppose that's one hobby I still have.

I often think that the computer has taken over my life, at one time on a certain computer related forum I would spend at least 10 hours per day discussing computer problems until a point came when enough was enough and I bowed out, but to stop using it now would also mean not talking to the many people I have got to know and most of whom I prefer to call friends.

But with most of you living in BG which is also 2 hours ahead, with most of you getting tucked up into bed which seems fairly early, so at least things quieten down, round about now.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:26 am

bgbazz wrote:
'Tis kinda nice Chrissy..as you know, I've been here quite a while now, but haven't spoken to or met any real English speaking folk except Mr and Mrs Eq for quite a few years (when I met them, it was like the sun had just risen). I seem to live too far away from most of you for any social interaction, so I've just had to lump it. Having said all that, I'm looking forward to meeting with another couple in the coming week..I'll leave it to them to post their impressions if they so wish.

I really like being part of this forum with its ups and downs, odd fellows and genuine, nice people.

Aw Bazz, what a lovely thing to say. We enjoyed meeting you too....and not just for the chickens. It's a shame you are so far away, but if the rhubarb survives the winter we will be bringing that to you next year hopefully.

Sara and Dave
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:39 am

OH bgbazz i didn't know you were alone where ever you live. I think i have heard you speak of Plovdiv we will have to all make the effort for you H s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: hobbies   hobbies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hobbies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next