View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 10:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

We are currently looking for someone to repair our Singer Sewing machine, but have not had any luck finding somewhere in BG. We have looked on Google and it is totally confusing. Can anyone help?

Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 794030042 Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:29 am

good morning yes the camp site with the pool. We will be there from Friday28th June until Monday 1st July If you can drop the machine off any time during that time it will not take long to sort it out. The boot sale is actualy on the sunday 30th May for all that are interested from 9 am
Look forward to seeing you then christine and Colin
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Hi just wondered if you have ordered the things Colin said your in need of Let us know when they arrive and Colin can finish the job for you.
sorry not on your back just don't like leaving any thing unfinished I am a bit like a terrier!!
lovely meeting you both Hope we do it again s
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:00 am

chrissybg wrote:
Hi just wondered if you have ordered the things Colin said your in need of Let us know when they arrive and Colin can finish the job for you.
sorry not on your back just don't like leaving any thing unfinished I am a bit like a terrier!!
lovely meeting you both Hope we do it again s

Hi Chris, don't panic Captain Wainwering, everything is under control, at least I hope so. The bobbin shuttle from Ebay is hurtling towards me as I speak and the other item is being sought out on the Internet when my dongle decides it's going to do something!!

We will meet when our bits get here, I will email you and we will organise a get togther. We enjoyed our time with you and Colin and we will enjoy our next meeting.

In the meantime, the paintbrush is calling from it's place in the jar of water and it is time to venture around the house and do a bit of varnishing on the door frames, not a moment is lost while the weather allows me to get on with renovating this house of ours!

Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 3386807041 Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:09 am

great job well done s g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:18 am

Well done Guys g thanks for the update Don't you just H it when a plan comes together c Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 2706089290

now talking of sewing machines I may have a donor who may donate some of these treadle sewing machines - My father was a tailor and used one of these all his life, he could not get along with the electric ones. If we do obtain these machines they would go to the Glavinica Teenage disability centre however, the man refurbish these machines to new condition so I know they will be fantastic, but was just thinking would these machines need a lot of maintenance and are they very difficult to maintain and get parts for. Fathers one very rarely broke. g
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 11:14 am

that would be my husband colins job sorted then.
he loves working on sewing machines he was trained at the London college of fashion so he will do that
these treadles go on for ever wonderful machines Perhaps we could set up a sewing traing session for the teenagers.
we would be happy to do that once a month set them a project and help them
now that's a plan s
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 11:44 am

Colin says find out the make of the machines he can then search for parts as the belts and needles are the important parts with these machines
They usually go for years and years but the belts need to be tightened regularly and the machines cleaned of fluff build up
If they are an oil bath machine they proberbly need about a pint of mineral oil for each machine.
If who ever offers the machines to you has a box of spares then take them and if they have the mineral oil then take that too as it can be expensive.
Colin says if they are usable then he will write a manual for them so that other people can maintain them too. s
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 1:52 pm

chrissybg wrote:
that would be my husband colins job sorted then.
he loves working on sewing machines he was trained at the London college of fashion so he will do that
these treadles go on for ever wonderful machines Perhaps we could set up a sewing traing session for the teenagers.
we would be happy to do that once a month set them a project and help them
now that's a plan s
oddball wrote:
Well done Guys g thanks for the update Don't you just H it when a plan comes together c Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 2706089290

now talking of sewing machines I may have a donor who may donate some of these treadle sewing machines - My father was a tailor and used one of these all his life, he could not get along with the electric ones. If we do obtain these machines they would go to the Glavinica Teenage disability centre however, the man refurbish these machines to new condition so I know they will be fantastic, but was just thinking would these machines need a lot of maintenance and are they very difficult to maintain and get parts for. Fathers one very rarely broke. g

Yes another good idea.............. Thanks for the info and if I am offered them I will indeed get as much info as poss and as he send them to Africa I assume he will as you said have spares so will ask the questions. Loving the teaching bit toooooooooooooooooooo fab H You are one amazing couple T T Will take soon. g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Chris these are the sort of machines Duncan buys and repairs and sends to Africa He said

Dear Berni, At the moment I have stopped buying machines and doing them up. However if I get hold of any free machines you can have them. If you get donated any I will do them up for you in batches of 5. Some tips, go for Singer machines as you can still get parts of the Internet. Not the plastic ones, they drop to bits. The old black ones that will last for ever. You can get the machines for as little a 99p if your lucky. Will send you a couple of You Tube vid's to show what can be done. Hope this of some help. kind regards Duncan (York)

I thought Colin could have a trip down memory lane Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 3367882216

Before [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... x47WFJztvE

After: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 5G4rCCpiKY
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:00 pm

lovely Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 3356871870 he loves all this stuff memory lane is where he lives most of time. If any machines come up then he will be delighted to sort them out Duncan is right singer or brother metal machines are good and parts can be purchased
lets see what comes up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Singer Sewing Machine

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2