altText

Crafts, sewing etc.VT area

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EllieMay
Junior user
Junior user

Crafts, sewing etc.VT area Empty
PostSubject: Crafts, sewing etc.VT area   Crafts, sewing etc.VT area Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:51 pm

As someone who like to sew I was struggling to find dress making material here in VT, all I could find was curtain shops. Thankfully a very nice lady in one of these shops understood enough of my Bulgarian to advise me where I might find what I was looking for.

Thanks to her instructions I found the smashing little shop today that sells dress and other material. It is between Hotel Yantra and the restaurant Shatilat but on the main street not the tourist one. If you crossover from the Yantra and walk towards the town centre you pass a kodak shop, just a few shops beyond this, right opposite Sylven Mebeli, is a small old shop which just has material and a few bits of lace and applique. Bought 3 yds of material to back a quilt I am making. It is 2.2m wide and was just 5lev a metre and is really good quality. She has allsorts, denim, tartan, silk, cotton and a good range of this bedding cotton for making duvet covers. I shall definately be going back. By the way if you need bobbins of cotton, they sell them at Jsuk, the shop next to the new undercover CBA.

Also noticed that there is an art material shop opposite the material shop for anyone needing art supplies, didn't go in but looks good.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Crafts, sewing etc.VT area   Crafts, sewing etc.VT area Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:59 pm

EllieMay wrote:
Also noticed that there is an art material shop opposite the material shop for anyone needing art supplies, didn't go in but looks good.

Thanks EllieMay ... good to know! Not that I need dress material, but I often need decent watercolour paper and brushes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
EllieMay
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Crafts, sewing etc.VT area   Crafts, sewing etc.VT area Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:15 pm

Chris, I didn't go into the shop but if there is ever anything you need and you want me to pop in before you travel over let me know. It is only just upthe road , well 2 bus stops, from us so would never be a problem. I dabble with watercolours myself so should understand what you want me to look for.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Crafts, sewing etc.VT area   Crafts, sewing etc.VT area Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:28 am

Thanks for the offer EllieMay, however our house is only 1 hour or so from VT, so not too far away!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
EllieMay
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Crafts, sewing etc.VT area   Crafts, sewing etc.VT area Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:55 pm

Just for info, I noticed yesterday (on my way back to the material shop to spend more money g) that the shop next to the art supplies shop sells beads and bead making stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crafts, sewing etc.VT area   Crafts, sewing etc.VT area Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crafts, sewing etc.VT area

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1