View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Singer Sewing Machine Empty
PostSubject: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 10:33 pm

We are currently looking for someone to repair our Singer Sewing machine, but have not had any luck finding somewhere in BG. We have looked on Google and it is totally confusing. Can anyone help?

Singer Sewing Machine 794030042 Singer Sewing Machine 794030042
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 7:17 am

Hi Itchy, whereabouts are you in BG. My neighbours son in law is a sewing machine mechanic. We are near Dobrich.
Ray Singer Sewing Machine 794030042
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 8:57 am

chrisbriggs wrote:
Hi Itchy, whereabouts are you in BG. My neighbours son in law is a sewing machine mechanic. We are near Dobrich.

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply, we are near VT, I know there are two Dobrich's, which one are you?
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:16 am

Hi Itchy, we are no doubt the furthest away, we are in the Northeast, just inland from the Black sea and just south of the Romanian Border.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:55 am

chrisbriggs wrote:
Hi Itchy, we are no doubt the furthest away, we are in the Northeast, just inland from the Black sea and just south of the Romanian Border.

Hi Ray, Maybe not a problem if we could find a good postal service and pack it well and post it you. If you PM me could fix something up to get it to you.
Eric

Singer Sewing Machine 1675110159
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Itchy, check around and see if you have Econt couriers operating near you..we've used them a lot and are pretty good. They've even delivered fertilised eggs to my wife for the incubator..all good.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:00 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Itchy, check around and see if you have Econt couriers operating near you..we've used them a lot and are pretty good.

Seconded ... I've used econt many times and no complaints!
[url:2p2pt1hl]http:
//en.
econt.
com/[/url:2p2pt1hl]
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:05 am

Or another way is both of you are coming to the Garden Party in Sept perhaps you could exchange than and send it back by econt - but it depends on if the machine is needed of course.
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi can you explain what the problem is with your machine I may be able to talk you through it.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:44 pm

chrissybg wrote:
Hi can you explain what the problem is with your machine I may be able to talk you through it.

Hi, apologies for not coming back to you sooner, the past few days have been ultra busy and culminating in our miserable trip to VT to buy a water pump today (see my question about water pumps for the whole story).

The Singer is a 9018 model and bought on Ebay and sold to us as in working condition with no problems, the seller was a complete Del Boy and we have had nothing but nasty emails from him.

At this point Annette will tell you what is wrong with it: Hi,
the lever that lifts the foot to put the material under does not work, as far as I can see that is all that seems to be wrong, but they did not supply a bobbin with the machine so, I cannot check. I have switched it on and tried with the pedal, and seems to be ok.
Many thanks for your help it is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Is that the lever you reach around with your left hand to lift the foot?
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:43 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Is that the lever you reach around with your left hand to lift the foot?
Yes it is Singer Sewing Machine 3135333095
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:20 pm

My late mother had one of these and the pivot screw would often drop out..I would find it on the floor, then put it back for her.These are are a very fine thread screw and need to fitted correctly.

Hope this helps you.
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:44 am

If you have bought this machine and if it comes with a table then check the table for a knee pad that lifts and lowers the foot. If it is with out a table then the machine is complete. Take the plate off of the left hand side of the needle. Make sure the needle is down as far as it will go remove plate and expose a bar for the foot. This should have a screw in it. They do come loose oil it all with sewing machine oil before replacing cover.
i think your machine needs a service. We will be at the VT campsite bootsale end of June if you bring it along and ask Nick and Nikki for Colin and Christine they will point you to our camper van.
The bobbin problem. Is it the bobbin that is missing or the shuttle. Bobbins can be purchased from any sewing shop. Lidl supermarket have just had lots of machine sewing kits for sale with bobbins in but i have lots so i can help you with a bobbin.
You will definately find a manual for your machine on line that you can down load too.
Don't know how much you know about sewing machines so please for give me if i am teaching you to suck eggs but
always sure you use new good sewing machine thread. It will keep breaking if not.
Always replace the needle after each project and use the correct needle for the material you are using.
Keep the needle area and under where the bobbin goes free of dust cottons etc and your machine will last a long time
let me know about the bobbin and any thing else you need to ask
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:24 am

chrissybg wrote:
If you have bought this machine and if it comes with a table then check the table for a knee pad that lifts and lowers the foot. If it is with out a table then the machine is complete. Take the plate off of the left hand side of the needle. Make sure the needle is down as far as it will go remove plate and expose a bar for the foot. This should have a screw in it. They do come loose oil it all with sewing machine oil before replacing cover.
i think your machine needs a service. We will be at the VT campsite bootsale end of June if you bring it along and ask Nick and Nikki for Colin and Christine they will point you to our camper van.
The bobbin problem. Is it the bobbin that is missing or the shuttle. Bobbins can be purchased from any sewing shop. Lidl supermarket have just had lots of machine sewing kits for sale with bobbins in but i have lots so i can help you with a bobbin.
You will definately find a manual for your machine on line that you can down load too.
Don't know how much you know about sewing machines so please for give me if i am teaching you to suck eggs but
always sure you use new good sewing machine thread. It will keep breaking if not.
Always replace the needle after each project and use the correct needle for the material you are using.
Keep the needle area and under where the bobbin goes free of dust cottons etc and your machine will last a long time
let me know about the bobbin and any thing else you need to ask

Many thanks for your info chrissybg. It is best if we meet you at the car boot I think, I have taken many cars apart, but no idea about sewing machines. The machine didn't come with a bobbin so we need to get some and I will download a manual off the internet, then at least we know what we are looking at and how it is supposed to work. Please keep us informed about the date at the car boot, is it the one with the swimming pool, we know where that is because we have been there to that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singer Sewing Machine   Singer Sewing Machine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Singer Sewing Machine

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next