View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

We need to buy a water pump in the next few weeks and it is decided that a surface pump will best for us. However, after looking at the selection in Praktiker we have got more confused than ever. Our well water is seven metres from the top, Bernard informs us that it needs to be two metres below the surface of the water, so that means nine metres (following me so far?). So into Praktiker we go and surprise, surprise and the difference between the 7 mtr and the 9 mtr or more is a wacking great pump. Nine metres or more and the bore for the pipe is huge and I guess will have to be reduced for the bigger than usual hose pipe to put in it. The size of the pump is more than double as well with all odd bits stuck all over over it. So has any Forum member got more info about them please, it would really help, a good usuable and economical viable pump would do us just fine.

c c c
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:26 am

Well done Bazz this is what makes a forum people like you who are willing to help if they can What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 739492727
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:32 am

No big deal really.
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:43 am

Every little helps when your in a strange country so yes it is and I also say Well done !! What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 570106603
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:10 am

Now you're making me blush!
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:51 am

bgbazz wrote:
Now you're making me blush!
That's not a blush, but simply that nice warm feeling people sometimes get when they have managed to help someone out of the goodness of their heart and not 'expecting' any reward, (maybe except for a nice cold bottle or two)

What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 3023850720
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:37 pm

Monday is looking good at the moment..probably fairly early. Will get the other pump out and test it tomorrow..and put together all the tools I might need. I read the snake story, so realise you've got power to the well, but have you positioned a switch in a convenient place, or do I need to bring one? You will need to have 10 meters of quarter inch nylon rope handy, but not much else is needed.

BTW, I like my tea really strong, white and sweet..leave the tea bag in please. Only food I don't eat is white cheese or yoghurt...save that for yourselves!
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Nice to hear there is at least one other person who likes the spoon to be able to stand upright in their tea.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:02 pm

A decent sized mug needs two bags..and leave them in until brew has been consumed. Only other rule is..it must be very hot when served..I learned this from my Mum who must have had an asbestos lined throat because often the cup was too hot to hold, let alone drink.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:23 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Monday is looking good at the moment..probably fairly early. Will get the other pump out and test it tomorrow..and put together all the tools I might need. I read the snake story, so realise you've got power to the well, but have you positioned a switch in a convenient place, or do I need to bring one? You will need to have 10 meters of quarter inch nylon rope handy, but not much else is needed.

BTW, I like my tea really strong, white and sweet..leave the tea bag in please. Only food I don't eat is white cheese or yoghurt...save that for yourselves!

Ahh, many thanks Bazz. Yes, I have power and it has been done with outside water resistant plugs and sockets, if your pump has a socket all well and good, if not I have a water resistant one to put on.

I will get a rope, we have a new rope, but it is the traditional fabric and one centrimetre thick.

Tea we will get from a friend because we only drink coffee, ha, ha. Not keen on yoghurt or white cheese either.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:27 pm

bgbazz wrote:
A decent sized mug needs two bags..and leave them in until brew has been consumed. Only other rule is..it must be very hot when served..I learned this from my Mum who must have had an asbestos lined throat because often the cup was too hot to hold, let alone drink.

A decent sized mug is ready and waiting for you, two bags ewww! Being hot is not a problem either, my Nan used to drink Tea that hot, but I believe by the time she had sucked it through her false teeth the temperature had dropped a bit.

Do you have Sat Nav?

T s
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:18 pm

Depending on which Sat Nav is available, if it's a TomTom, the best thing do is to open the on-line 'TomTom Route Planner'
[url=http:
//routes.
tomtom.
com/#/route/B74PA%252C%2520UK%254052.
49172%252C-1.
87728%2540-1/37.
37543%25C2%25B0N%252C%252027.
25974%25C2%25B0E%2520Ege%2520Caddesi%252C%2520Didim%252C%2520TUR%254037.
37543%252C27.
25974%2540-1/?leave=now&
traffic=true&
center=37.
186263852244%2C27.
221073417964&
zoom=8&
map=basic:1aog9ttp]TomTom Route Planner[/url:1aog9ttp]
Then you can save and send the co-ordinants to the other person.
(Not sure if you need to register a account to use the TomTom map.)

Much the same if you use Google Maps you can also save and send the co-ordinants to another person. (Click the link that looks like 3 links of a chain to copy the co-ordinants)
[url=https:
//maps.
google.
com/maps?q=Bulgaria&
hl=en&
sll=37.
09024,-79.
980469&
sspn=35.
748047&
oq=bulgaria&
t=h&
hnear=Bulgaria&
z=7:1aog9ttp]Google Map Route Planner[/url:1aog9ttp]
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:21 am

I have a Garmin in the Jeep..all I need is an address or village name and it will plan the route for me. It's fitted with the latest verion of Bulgarian maps.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:28 am

bgbazz wrote:
I have a Garmin in the Jeep..all I need is an address or village name and it will plan the route for me. It's fitted with the latest verion of Bulgarian maps.

We use a Garmin and it works fine, having used it a few times I just press "
Home"
when we need to go back and it takes us to the front gate.

What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 570106603 What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 570106603
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:56 am

Same here..I have a TomTom as well, but the Garmin is the better one.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 12:49 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Same here..I have a TomTom as well, but the Garmin is the better one.

Hi Bazz - I have tried to send this on the message system 6 times and failed, it goes the first time and then for some obscure reason on it has to be sent a 2nd time and refuses to be sent. So in desperation, I have copied it and here it is:

Hi Bazz,
Yes, it is after Resen. Go over the bridge with a stream underneath and turn first left at X roads, after that 2nd right (the first right is slightly concealed with an empty house on the end), when you have turned right after 250 yards a green hedge comes up on the right and after that a real pothole type road, it is OK if you take it easy though. When you get to Paskalevets council building and PO on right, you turn left and there is a bar on the left and a church on the right. Tl and TR and then TL and TR and we are at the end on the left with big iron gates.

Hope this doesn't sound too daunting, a cup of real hot Tea will be waiting for you.

Kindest regards.

Eric
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Water Pump do I buy?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next