Its a wonderful life

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Its a wonderful life Empty
PostSubject: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 12:24 pm

For 9 years we have enjoyed life here in beautiful Bulgaria. I would recommend the country to anyone with a pioneering spirit, ready to take the rough with the smooth and able to distance themselves from any previous British life. It can be a wonderful life but not for the faint-hearted.
For us it is time to move on and much as I would love to try something else completely different, I think at my age its time to go back to my roots. My hero needs to get back to work too although he has always found plenty to do here both in our garden and those of our Bulgarian friends plus in the days when he looked after holiday homes. Life moves on and I must thank once again Bgbazz for his understanding.

I write this because I woke up this morning realising that it is not problems that are making me move on. That was the catalyst. I have been thinking of moving for some time and changing my mind. We have made lovely Bulgarian friends and loved our village life so its hard to leave but God moves in mysterious ways! I will not be moving until our house finds the buyer who loves what we love and I would like to stay on the forum when we eventually make the big move. It might be interesting for some to hear how we get on in Britain. Not much written about this side of things. So lots more to chat about in the future if you will have me. s
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Good luck to you Oldun I know you have been struggling with this move for a long while now but it if is nagging at you all the time, than my lovely you have made the right decision. Life goes on you just got to go with it. Well done and delighted you found your path. Now lets look forward. Your frIneds will always be with you wherever you live. :Its a wonderful life 1931734156: Time to start the planning - Oh how very exciting g
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 1:10 pm

I'd like to wish both you and your husband all the best of luck with your move back to England and in finding a buyer for your home. I believe in following your heart and if yours is taking you home then its where your ment to be. Its a wonderful life 1430720830 Its a wonderful life 3386807041
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 2:11 pm

is it 100 % this time gal ....or still yoyo ..... ?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 2:15 pm

I'm going to mis you and your writings on here. I think we all have a path in life and sometimes we have to tread the paths that are offered to us in order for us to realize exactly what life is all about and I do believe that you have had a great path in your life and now its time for a new one although you may see it as returning to an old path I'm sure that it will be a new one with a new adventure. Good luck and I wish you all the very best for your new life. H
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 3:19 pm

varnagirl wrote:
is it 100 % this time gal ....or still yoyo ..... ?

I like your sense of humour varnagirl, but I was about to ask oldun the same question, is it still yoyo. If we all have time to read all of olduns posts and many different topics over the years then we would understand why the yoyo question is being asked. She and her hero have been going back to grass roots on different occasions, then we get a post to say we woke up this morning and decided to stay, we love it here in beautiful Bulgaria, but I think we must return to a caravan in the UK. We read about many good things that you got involved in related to village life and functions, but on the other side of the coin you were targeted for some criminal activities, but whatever you are doing and for whatever reason it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind, so good on you
I have thouroughly enjoyed your company on the forum and although I have never met you I felt I have a good friend and I have certainly been very grateful for you support with all my trails and tribulations
So when it is time to leave it won't be Goodbye just Cherrio :Its a wonderful life 1931734156:
All the best
Bryan Its a wonderful life 1536469901
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 3:33 pm

:Thank you:all. No yoyoing this time Varnagirl and Willowsend but if you have followed my posts you will all see how life isn't all a bowl of cherries here. We have just had a viewing (on a Sunday too) from some French people. Don't know if they will buy but its nice to know that there are folks who want to see what we love in Bulgaria. The weather is perfect too to see the village and our property at its best.

I hope that anyone who is having similar yoyos will take heart from my experiences and I wish you all well whatever decision you make.

We are not going totally back to the same path because we are moving to a place where we know no-one and will have to make another fresh start although I have already met some nice people. The seaside town is not far from where my Hero once had a B&
B/restaurant which is only a busride away so he will be able to see some old mates. We are having a short holiday soon together to belatedly celebrate his 50th and I hope some of his mates from Wales will be able to make a surprise visit. Although I have made visits to family over the 25 years abroad, My Hero hasn't been back to Blighty for 15 years!
Onward and upward. s
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:19 pm

We wish you the best of luck in finding someone you like to love your home as you do, and I think you are brave to start a whole new life. I hope you will find what you are looking for....though it might take time to get used to the damp again!

Please keep in touch, it will be an interesting new slant on the forum to hear how you are getting on, and we look forward to hearing of how you settle (South Wales? If so, lucky you, I would have moved there)

Best of luck, Mr and Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 6:20 pm

oldun wrote:
For 9 years we have enjoyed life here in beautiful Bulgaria. I would recommend the country to anyone with a pioneering spirit, ready to take the rough with the smooth and able to distance themselves from any previous British life. It can be a wonderful life but not for the faint-hearted.
For us it is time to move on and much as I would love to try something else completely different, I think at my age its time to go back to my roots. My hero needs to get back to work too although he has always found plenty to do here both in our garden and those of our Bulgarian friends plus in the days when he looked after holiday homes. Life moves on and I must thank once again Bgbazz for his understanding.

I write this because I woke up this morning realising that it is not problems that are making me move on. That was the catalyst. I have been thinking of moving for some time and changing my mind. We have made lovely Bulgarian friends and loved our village life so its hard to leave but God moves in mysterious ways! I will not be moving until our house finds the buyer who loves what we love and I would like to stay on the forum when we eventually make the big move. It might be interesting for some to hear how we get on in Britain. Not much written about this side of things. So lots more to chat about in the future if you will have me. s

The very best of luck to you both oldun - we all have that moment in life when we get to what I have always called "
the X roads of Life."
Not a nice situation, but we know we have to do it and hope earnestly that we have taken the right decision. It would be lovely for you stay on the forum and give us regular updates to how you are doing and what it is like living in the UK. Many of us have not lived in the UK for some time and men are the worst for returning even for a visit, in my case one visit in six years and still crib at the thought of going for one week!! So your thoughts of what you think of the UK now would be very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 6:54 am

Very best of luck to you both.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:56 pm

All the best to you both Hope every thing works out well for you both with the sale of the house etc. If this is the correct decision then that house will sell very soon
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 7:30 am

You have supprised me in as much that your life here in Bulgaria I thought was forever from your diiferent articals you have written and have enjoyed.I wish you the very best for the future and luck with selling your house.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:35 am

Thank you Speedgunner. Yes, it was going to be forever but who knows how we feel as we get older. Life is constantly changing and we have to change with it. I never expected to return to England myself and neither did my Hero and that is why we bought a second house in our village. There are many factors involved too long to explain but the state of the euro was one of them. Then my Hero's near death experience which, although the doctors got him well, I don't think the aftercare is good enough. We have had some nasty experiences amongst all the good which I won't go into and finally and most important, I want to return to be nearer family. I have been abroad for so many years and its time. The Greeks used to say to us 'never say never' and how true is that! We are happy now with our final decision which started last year before changing our minds and staying. We have a French family very interested in our property so fingers crossed it goes through. In a way I still hope we have more time in Bulgaria but if they do decide to buy we will be off. Hopefully we can get a preliminary contract for a couple of months to arrange everything especially getting our dog to Britain. A dog is forever and I won't leave her behind. She is our mate. s
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:17 am

I can understand as I have every intension to stay here til I turn my toes up.Having said that I have not sold my house in Felixstowe and rent it out as a safety net should any unfortunate health problem arises.I have diabetes but that is quite managable as it is type2 and under tablets which I can get here.Like you I am an animal lover and I'm sure you will have no problem gettting it back to the UK but I suggest that you drive back with your dog as these pet carriers go around the houses like Turkey first and then the UK.Family is important to us all and that is a good thing to have them around when you are older.Once again I wish you luck with the sale of your house as it sounds promising.Your Heros near death experience sounds interesting as well as concerning for you.My father had a near death experience and so has my friend who I see frequently. If you remember I started a thread about life after death as I am a spiritualist and all things related interests me.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:57 pm

...Thats if we had a car Speedgunner. Surprisingly for many we have lived in Bulgaria 9 years and managed with the village bus, taxis and coaches for longer travel. None of which help in our proposed move to Britain. I guess train might be an option but there are reliable pet carriers around nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its a wonderful life   Its a wonderful life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Its a wonderful life

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next