altText

Our life in BG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cherifa
Junior user
Junior user

Our life in BG Empty
PostSubject: Our life in BG   Our life in BG Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 1:29 pm

Hi all,

Reading negative and positive post, I decided to tell about our life in our village Voinika.

Voinika is in the South-East, we dicided to buy here to have the same weather as in California (we have to go to Lake Tahoe for the snow).

For personal reasons we couldn't stay in US and I didn't want to live in UK (i spent 9 months, it was more than enough).

We moved here 4 and a half years ago because the house price is cheap and the cost of life is cheap, then we made a lot of Bulgarian friends in our village and in town (Yambol), I spoke the language from the first day so that made it easy for us.
I started singing Bulgarian folklore with a group of women from our village, we sing in festivals and in the theater of our village.
My husband and I are member of the theater so we get involved in all the activities of the village.

We always invite Bulgarian friends to diner and we get invites, we talk a lot about their life before and after the democracy, we talk about the traditions and our lifes before we came to BG, most of our close friends are Bulgarians and we love them for who they are, for their generosity, for their honesty with us, their help and for their friendship.

We got married on the 18th of July so we told our friends of the theater that we want a Traditional Bulagrian wedding like it used to be in Bulgaria in the old time and we did, they worked so hard to organize it, they did a lot of rehearsal, they made my dress by hand, cooked, danced etc we had an amazing wedding that went in the new and tv because they all say this kind of wedding didn't happened for at least 100 years but thank to our friends everything was great.

We leave for UK or France and all our neighbors look after our house, if it's summer they water the vegetables and harvest, once we left in the winter, the day we came it was very cold and we had a lot of snow but our neighbor started the petchka and house was nice and warm.

We love it here because of a lot of reasons but most of all because we love our village and friends in the village and in Yambol.

The problems in BG are everywhere, in UK, US, France etc so I can't say bad things that I can't say about the other countries that i lived in.
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Our life in BG Empty
PostSubject: Our life in BG   Our life in BG Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:59 am

Nice story that and I can see what you are saying about problems everywhere, I also have a house just outside Yambol but because of health problems I'm not there but given the choice I would rather be there than here in the uk anytime
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

Our life in BG Empty
PostSubject: Our life in BG   Our life in BG Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:42 pm

Sound like your having fun 8) 8) I hope I enjoy it as much as you too seem to and I love the costumes :bball: :bball:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our life in BG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our life in BG   Our life in BG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our life in BG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1