willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Google Empty
PostSubject: Google   Google Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:13 am

Has anybody received this message

What's happening to iGoogle?

iGoogle will be retired in 16 months, on November 1, 2013. The mobile version will be retired on July 31, 2012.

How did you come to this decision?
We originally launched iGoogle in 2005 before anyone could fully imagine the ways that today's web and mobile apps would put personalized, real-time information at your fingertips. With modern apps that run on platforms like Chrome and Android, the need for something like iGoogle has eroded over time, so we’ll be winding down iGoogle on November 1, 2013, giving you a full 16 months to adjust or easily export your iGoogle data.

What will happen to the data stored in my gadgets?
All of your personal data stored in other Google products will continue to be available via those products, including Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Finance, Google Docs (now Google Drive), Google Bookmarks, and Google Tasks. Other gadgets, like the to-do list, allow you to export your data - look for the “Download all” option under the drop-down menu tied to the title of your list. Most iGoogle gadgets are created and maintained by third-party developers. If you’d like to export your data, you should contact the gadget creator directly.

I really like iGoogle -- are there any other alternatives?
On your mobile device, Google Play offers applications ranging from games to news readers to home screen widgets.

If you’re a fan of Google Chrome, the Chrome Web Store provides a similar range of options like productivity tools and applications to check the weather. In addition, just like iGoogle, you can personalize Chrome with a theme
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Google Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google   Google Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Yes I have had this message too. More changes but 'plus ca change, plusque la meme chose' and all that. I also have google.com in Bulgarian and can change to English or vice versa but nothing much really changes and I have not lost my googlemail account on either so I am not going to worry. I refuse to give information via my 'profile' though because goodness knows where that will end up and I get enough junk mail as it is. Google just want to tell their advertisers that they have millions of users who will see their advert. Same as Facebook who are always asking you to confirm 'friends'. I am wiser now to all the gimmicks!!!! Its to their advantage and not mine.
Back to top Go down

Google

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1