Google goes Cyrillic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Google goes Cyrillic Empty
PostSubject: Google goes Cyrillic   Google goes Cyrillic Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 5:00 pm

[size=150:384s7eru]Google goes Cyrillic

While Bulgaria is celebrating, basking in a beautiful sunny morning, so is the search engine Google which, at the stroke of midnight, launched its Bulgarian Cyrillic letters on its home page, where it is now written – "
Гугъл"
– in Bulgarian.

However, the Cyrillic version of Google is available only in Bulgaria while the home pages of other countries which are using the alphabet, notably in Russia and Serbia, are in Latin. g

Sofia Echo
Back to top Go down
bass

PostSubject: Re: Google goes Cyrillic   Google goes Cyrillic Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:02 pm

I've been using google translate to check all my documents... it's brilliant.. scan into an OCR program like AABBY fine reader and selecting Bulgarian as language then a quick copy and paste into google translate... 95% accurate so can read all the docs you have... for FREE

Rich
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Google goes Cyrillic   Google goes Cyrillic Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:40 am

willowsend wrote:
However, the Cyrillic version of Google is available only in Bulgaria

Actually, you can use the Bulgarian google search in any country, just by going to:
[url:u9g769hw]http:
//www.
google.
bg[/url:u9g769hw]

I had to laugh as when I put in 'Sofia', one of google's recommendations was 'Sofia Loren':

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Google goes Cyrillic   Google goes Cyrillic Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 8:38 am

Thank you Chris I will try that but what I normally do when I'm searching is I use Google translate from eng to Bg and the I paste the Bg text into google and it finds all sort of things and from there I just click translate on Google for whichever page I want to open sometime I find what I'm looking for and other time I get a load of rubbish but generally it works for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Google goes Cyrillic   Google goes Cyrillic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Google goes Cyrillic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1