altText

Google Earth Image - Allotments?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fido
Junior user
Junior user

Google Earth Image - Allotments? Empty
PostSubject: Google Earth Image - Allotments?   Google Earth Image - Allotments? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 8:20 am

On Facebook last night I found an estate agent site for properties in Bulgaria. One house caught my eye because it has been reduced from £25,000 to £10,000. It is in a village called Granitovo, which the ad. said was "
near Elhovo"
. I know by now that in Bulgaria estate agents parlance "
near"
can mean 70 Km away so I usually go on Google maps and ask for directions from village to town. In this case the village is genuinely near the town as the route is given as 10 km. I looked at the satellite image of the village and noticed some small brown patches to the south west. On zooming in I see these are small patches of bare soil, each about the size of a domestic garden. I suppose it could be a large nursery or market garden type agricultural operation but I wondered if the small patches might be individually owned as allotments? If you take a look at the Google Earth image you will see what I mean. Some of the tracks between patches look more like footpaths than tractor tracks so they could be using human or animal labour to work the land.
Back to top Go down

Google Earth Image - Allotments?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1