Nutted By A Goat!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Nutted By A Goat!! Empty
PostSubject: Nutted By A Goat!!   Nutted By A Goat!! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Yes, can you believe it and in broad daylight!!

My poor German Shepherd Dog named Louie was nutted by a big black Nanny Goat and he wasn't even doing anything! This morning I took our two bigger dogs for a walk, Louie and Sophie. First we walked past where the storks are currently living and past the Mayors house and turned right into a quiet country lane. The dogs were doing there normal thing and sniffing where other animals had been walking and in the distance I could see a big nanny goat. She was tied up to a length of rope and a stake embedded in the soft earth and the nearer I got the more the goat got excited and started darting across the road and was only stopped by the rope. As we got close the goat ran over and said "
Hello"
and then ran about a bit with excitement. After passing by the goat and having got at least 20 metres further down the road the goat got free from it's rope and started banging it's owners door with it's head. Having tried to get it's owners attention for a few minutes it raced down the road towards us and I thought it was going to be friendly, after all it had already earlier come over to say Hello further up the road.

It came to a grinding halt 10 feet away and then lunged into the air and aimed it's head straight at Louie, he was taken completely by surprise and ended up going into the air, landing and rolling over before he got straight on his feet again. So with hindsight a walk with Louie in the future will definitely not include any excursion anywhere near this goat, or any other goats for that matter. Louie is now nursing his headache. Bless him.

Nutted By A Goat!! 794030042 Nutted By A Goat!! 794030042 Nutted By A Goat!! 794030042 Nutted By A Goat!! 794030042
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Nutted By A Goat!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutted By A Goat!!   Nutted By A Goat!! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:08 pm

village life can have its moments. glad the dog is not hurt. we had a similar experience walking our dogs around the village. 5 years ago there were a lot of strays in the nearby fields which gave us problems everytime we went out. Nutted By A Goat!! 794030042
one day we encounted some geese on the lane, a very narrow lane [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] we kept the dogs next to the wall and let the geese come by us, that was our mistake, once the geese had passed, the leader decided to go for the chase, it was sooooooo angry. im not one for running but i did that day.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Nutted By A Goat!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutted By A Goat!!   Nutted By A Goat!! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:18 pm

glad your dogs ok but ...look on the bright side , it was your dog and not you , as it could well have been ...!
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

Nutted By A Goat!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutted By A Goat!!   Nutted By A Goat!! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:12 pm

glad your dog is ok. We used to have a goat when the kids were younger that they taught to play tig. every time anyone touched its head then moved away she would chase after them and head butt them. the kids thought it was hillarious but not many passing ramblers were quite so amused. the goats favorite things to do were to sneakin to sleep in my daughters bed while she was at school and chase my son around for shreddies. Hopefully i'll be able to have some more of the mischievious little horrors soon. Nutted By A Goat!! 1865348797
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
oddball
oddball

Nutted By A Goat!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutted By A Goat!!   Nutted By A Goat!! Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:38 am

Ah bless itchy really glad Louie is ok what a shock for him Nutted By A Goat!! 3998065313 Golly gosh! Itchy you were very lucky as VG said it could have been you. Louie will soon recover and will be very weary of goats in the futures. You will have to carry a walking stick with you next time - I got chased by a goose in our village frighted the lift out of me - Now I carry the walking stick purely to wave it round. Stray dogs are another hassle they just appear out of nowhere although last few visits no stray dogs in the village. My motto is prevent the cause and prepare in advance.

Oddy g
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

Nutted By A Goat!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutted By A Goat!!   Nutted By A Goat!! Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:20 am

varnagirl wrote:
glad your dogs ok but ...look on the bright side , it was your dog and not you , as it could well have been ...!

Glad your all ok but how very different it could have been.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

Nutted By A Goat!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutted By A Goat!!   Nutted By A Goat!! Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:45 am

Our goat Matilda tried to butt our dogs, so now she needs only to look
at them and they scarper! At least she doesn't have horns. Penka the
sheep tries to butt them too, quite funny to watch! Nutted By A Goat!! 1865348797 s
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

Nutted By A Goat!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutted By A Goat!!   Nutted By A Goat!! Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:07 pm

Seems like a very lucky escape you had there, glad your OK and no real harm done but you really must be careful with any animal and I'm not preaching but just reminding all of us.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Nutted By A Goat!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutted By A Goat!!   Nutted By A Goat!! Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:59 pm

meandmine wrote:
Seems like a very lucky escape you had there, glad your OK and no real harm done but you really must be careful with any animal and I'm not preaching but just reminding all of us.

Yes, you are right, I did have a lucky escape. After reading the posts on this subject, it appears that goats certainly have a tendency to Nut anything or anybody that comes within their range. This of course was not knowledge that I had before the incident with Louie, but it is knowledge gained and therefore makes me wiser!!

Haven't seen the affending goat since then, although I have taken Louie on what I now call "
The Goat Run"
, he has been keenly looking for anything black that moves quick and his ears were pricked up ready for any sign of trouble. Bless him!

T g g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nutted By A Goat!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nutted By A Goat!!   Nutted By A Goat!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nutted By A Goat!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1