View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 44 ... 70  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Winters here at last. - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:26 pm

karen.penny wrote:
well my house and office turned into igloo's over the past two weeks but the temperate are rising, however that does not mean that there is an end to the snow as I discovered last night. My bedroom is so light when I turn off the light, I could nearly read. Has anyone else noticed this?

hev wrote:
No I havent been in your bedroom lol

I have
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:39 am

Now your giving away secrets mmmmmmmm

Mike
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:52 am

I would of thought that a good idea to have when your water freezes is one of those water chiller heaters like you have in a office , you can get them from metro for about 100 lva then at least you can have a cup of tea and clean your teeth .
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:02 pm

The weather in Shropshire at the moment

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
abracadabra
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:50 pm

johnbaz wrote:
I would of thought that a good idea to have when your water freezes is one of those water chiller heaters like you have in a office , you can get them from metro for about 100 lva then at least you can have a cup of tea and clean your teeth .

What a good idea JohnBaz! Will remember that.

Karen
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 am

[size=75:fi6jawi2]Focus news 1 February 2010

Due to the heavy snowfall Sofia Municipality and Traffic Police will divert temporarily the traffic on some roads so that the snow could be removed. The traffic in some parts of the capital city has ground to a standstill. Many light road accidents have been reported. There are ice-covered and slippery road sections. It is snowing in other parts of Bulgaria, too.

Update

Bulgaria braces itself for another blizzard

Sofia is under heavy snowfall on February 1 2010 as the entire country braces itself for another winter onslaught.

Most of northern and western Bulgaria will be subjected to a fresh snow cover, whereas elsewhere in the country it will rain. As temperatures progressively drop, however, the rain will eventually turn to snow as well, the Bulgarian Meteorological Institute reported on its website.

Along the Black Sea coast, rain will also turn into snow, the weather report says. Average temperatures will be at about 5C, with predominant moderate westerly winds.

Weather conditions in the mountains on February 1 will be "
dynamic"
, according to the report. Prevailing strong southwesterly winds in the morning and early afternoon will be followed by a shifting weather system that will bring strong northwesterly winds. With that, a new cold front will descend over the country by the end of the day.

Snow is to be expected anywhere above 1000m of elevation. At 1200m temperatures will be at -4, at 2000m and above at about -10C. Average for the country will be between 0C and 4C while Sofia is expected to be at about 2C.

In the southeastern part of the country, where southeasterly winds will prevail until late afternoon, temperatures are expected to remain at about 8C.

Conditions for mountain tourism are poor due to strong winds, heavy snow and poor visibility. With yet another fresh snow cover expected to reach 10cm in places, the danger of potential avalanches is severe. Skiers and snowboarders should only remain at designated slopes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:27 pm

Guess we have nothing to moan about after reading that

Oddy
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:09 pm

[url=http:
//www.
novinite.
com:12imuh2n][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as of 6 hours ago

Bulgaria Feels Effects of Rain, Snow
Almost the entire territory of Bulgaria is affected by snow or rain. Mountain passes are closed, and there is a danger of avalanches in the mountains.

It is raining in the regions of Shumen, Dobrich, Varna and Burgas The Hemus and Trakia highways are wet and snowy, with some icy patches in exposed areas such as viaducts. The roads have been cleared and sanded.

The mountain pass from Troyan - Karnare - Elena is closed, with a diversion in operation through Vratnik pass, as is the road between Etropole - Zlatica and Varbitsa - Sungurlare.

Trucks with trailers or over 10 tons are banned on the Shipka pass. Similar prohibitions have been applied to the Petrohan pass, the road between Sliven and Ichera, and in the areas of Dospat and Ardino. All vehicles travelling in these areas should be fitted with snow chains.

The Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Service has announced there is a high risk of avalanches in all mountain areas, and that skiing or snowboarding outside designated areas is dangerous.

At Aleko Hut, the depth of snow is 70 cm. Mount Musala is covered by cloud, and there is a moderate wind. In Borovets, the snow cover is 55 cm. Bansko is also affected, and there is a high risk of avalanche off-piste. Both Rozhen and Botev peaks are fog-bound, with moderate winds.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Just back from the shops ... this is how Kotel looks this morning:

Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
bobski
Anonymous

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:11 pm

snowing here yet again in Burgas, roads have frozen over very quickly from yesterdays rain.
the Mandra lake is bursting at the seams & ive seen cars under water this afternoon.

flights from Burgas delayed by 3 hours.

bob.
Back to top Go down
Loupylou
Anonymous

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:37 pm

We are 20kms north of shumen had heavy snow for 2 days village is cut off
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:13 pm

bobski wrote:
snowing here yet again in Burgas, roads have frozen over very quickly from yesterdays rain.
the Mandra lake is bursting at the seams & ive seen cars under water this afternoon.

flights from Burgas delayed by 3 hours.

bob.

Varna to Sofia flight tonight cancelled
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:05 am

I dug out the paths, driveway and garage doors yesterday, and bugger me had to do it again today. Our 300 metre track to the tarmac road is closed so going nowhere, Well it might knock off the odd kilo of fat I keep telling myself
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:13 pm

Any news on the weather in Bulgariua for today its just grey and damp here in the uk it has tried to snow a couple of times but nothing as of yet
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Agree with you Scott its dark and coudy here to but look at those poor people in Bulgaria it seems to be going from bad to well who knows ????

sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winters here at last.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 70Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 44 ... 70  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The weather wherever you are ?-