View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Our builder has informed us today he cannot get wood or coal in VT !!!!!!
We arrive in less than two weeks we will be frozen Brrrrr.
Surely someone on our lovely Forum will advise us where to get some [ Please ] Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 794030042 Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:01 pm

oddball wrote:
Itchy I will contact my friends in VT and see if they can help. c
Many thanks Angel
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:17 pm

itchyfeet wrote:
oddball wrote:
Many thanks Angel

Itachy forgot to ask where abouts in VT will you be moving to a rough idea please
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:27 pm

oddball wrote:
itchyfeet wrote:
oddball wrote:
Many thanks Angel

Itachy forgot to ask where abouts in VT will you be moving to a rough idea please

Hi Bernie, we are going to Paskalevets. Many thanks for your help.

Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Itchy I have sent you a pm a chap called Tim will sort do what he can to sort you out.

Oddy
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:30 am

Good for you Oddie managing to organise wood from UK for Itchyfeet. Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 1763269238 Have no idea when the milder weather is due to arrive. Another lot of snow dumped on our village near VT last night accompanied by wind! Its not over till its over. I hope the thaw will be gradual because if it suddenly goes into summertime mode it will cause havoc with flooding everywhere.
Just had an email from a Bulgarian friend in Britain who says her mother, still in Bulgaria, told her its the worst winter for 20 years. Every year is different.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:58 am

Itchy, my husband and a friend have gone into Gorna this morning and are going
to check out the wood supply. I'll let you know how they get on. g
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:08 am

Scunnered wrote:
Itchy, my husband and a friend have gone into Gorna this morning and are going
to check out the wood supply. I'll let you know how they get on. g

Many thanks scunnered we will freeze if we can't get any.

Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 1675110159
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:24 am

Okay, there's good and bad news! Good news is they have wood already chopped.
Bad news is they won't deliver, and it costs 6leva for a 30k bag, which they say works out at
120 leva per cubic m! Double the usual price, and husband didn't think there was as
much as 30k in the bag, nearer 20k!
Give me pm if you need any when you arrive and we can give you directions.
Good luck in the meantime, and with your move. Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 1430720830
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:39 am

It was on the news this morning that a cubic metre now costs 120 Leva in Sofia at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Scunnered wrote:
Okay, there's good and bad news! Good news is they have wood already chopped.
Bad news is they won't deliver, and it costs 6leva for a 30k bag, which they say works out at
120 leva per cubic m! Double the usual price, and husband didn't think there was as
much as 30k in the bag, nearer 20k!
Give me pm if you need any when you arrive and we can give you directions.
Good luck in the meantime, and with your move. Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 1430720830

Thanks very much. We will let you know.
You have all been so helpful.
Angel
Back to top Go down
vulcho
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Hi
i can get wood in the vt region how much are you looking for and what village/area are you moving to?
i work in the wood industry and can suppley what ever amount you want and at a normel price per cubic this last week ive been falling trees in the snow!
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:57 am

vulcho wrote:
Hi
i can get wood in the vt region how much are you looking for and what village/area are you moving to?
i work in the wood industry and can suppley what ever amount you want and at a normel price per cubic this last week ive been falling trees in the snow!
Many thanks Volcho for all the communications with you, thanks for getting some dry wood.
We hope to do business with you again.
Angel s
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:19 pm

itchyfeet wrote:
vulcho wrote:
Hi
Many thanks Volcho for all the communications with you, thanks for getting some dry wood.
We hope to do business with you again.
Angel s

:Thank you:Vulcho you are a star! Well done!!! that has put our minds at ease now Itchy can move to BG and be nice and snug. I will let people know you can get wood in the VT area if you can pm me your tel now I can pass it on. Oddy

Thanks Berni
Back to top Go down
villyman
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:15 pm

There is no shortage of wood. My next door neighbour has the big trucks and a Roma Crew and has not stopped cutting trees for the owners.

Demand has gone up because of the extended cold spell and the ones with the wood are coining it in. Normal supply and demand profit.

If next winter is mild the prices will return to normal. So if it is, Stock Up and Scr** the ********. They are nothing but parasites.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:07 pm

In these extreme temperatures I think the woodmen deserve a bit extra. :LMHO:In actual fact there is wood around now as Villyman says, after 2 days of thaw, but the problem has been, at least around our village, that the huge wood lorries couldn't move in the snow. I have been down one of the wood tracks in the past and they are not an easy ride in the best of weather. Today, at last I saw two huge lorries, the ones with the trailer on the back, at the bottom of the road into our village transferring logs to smaller trucks ready for delivery. They normally off-load elsewhere but obviously those roads are still impassable. In VT today the roads are more or less clear of snow but there is a big difference once you get into the mountain areas where the wood is felled.
One final word. Most of the news is Sofia based where prices might well have escalated to 120levs a cubic but that is certainly not the price in our area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help anyone - Where is all the wood?   Help anyone - Where is all the wood? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help anyone - Where is all the wood?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next