altText
altText

Any advice appreciated

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tusher

Any advice appreciated Empty
PostSubject: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:57 pm

Just wondering if anyone has any good advice for us with what to look out for or avoid in Bulgaria. Not knowing anything about the place we really don't know where to begin. But Jim would like to fish, we have 3 dogs and would like to be not too isolated so nearish to a village/town. Anyone got any suggestions which part of Bulgaria we should be looking. Also want to be not that far away from an airport for my family to visit. Looking forward to any suggestions. Also are you happy with your move as not sure whether to do a move to Bulgaria or look in Turkey still. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 1:11 pm

I take it you still live in Turkey? also are you thinking of living in a city or village and do you wish to be near the sea Any advice appreciated 2581928987
Back to top Go down
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

PostSubject: Re: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Can you tell us all a little more about what it is your looking for and what part of Bulgaria?
Back to top Go down
tusher

PostSubject: Re: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi we don't know which area as have really just started looking at Bulgaria so have no clue!........Not bothered about living near the sea, Jim would like to be close enough to somewhere where he can fish. Would like to be able to walk the dogs no problem. Don't want to live in a city so I guess rural BUT would like to be near enough to some shops etc so more village. Hope this helps, and yes at the moment we are still in Turkey but due to move soon hence wondering whether to move out of Turkey. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:24 pm

this information might make good reading on places and fishing areas. g

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... garia.html
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:51 pm

It is going to be difficult for anyone to advise on where to live in BG as we all have differing likes and dislikes.

As you live in Turkey maybe the best thing for you to do is to take an extended holiday in BG and look at the areas. Say Varna, Bourgas, VT, Stara Zagora, Yambol Rouse etc. Once you have decided on an area then rent a property in that area for a short while. Then if you decide that BG is the place for start your property search. Take your time.

Hope this helps

Tony
Back to top Go down
tusher

PostSubject: Re: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 4:18 pm

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
tusher

PostSubject: Re: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 4:28 pm

starlite wrote:
this information might make good reading on places and fishing areas. g

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... garia.html
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 4:36 pm

We bought in the mountain town of Kotel as it gave us the best of all worlds.

Clean air, historic buildings, surrounded by open countryside, stunning views, etc., we also had the benefit of shops, restaurants, bars, hospital, markets, bus station, etc.

As Tony said, it depends on your own requirements, but I would suggest a good look round wherever you decide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
tusher

PostSubject: Re: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Lovely thank you.
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:45 pm

I can't help with suggestionsfor fishing etc. But I would suggest unless your family are affluent you look towards the sofia end of bulgaria as there are bargins to sofia airport all year round and its about a five hr drive from the coast. the area down towards the greek border is very pretty or vidin is lovely which is near the danube. s
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
tusher

PostSubject: Re: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:59 pm

Lovely any advice greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Equally there are bargains at the other end on Bulgaria which is also near an airport so id depends on what you want? the hustle of Sofia or something more tranquil, there are bargains all over Bulgaria but its down to taste.
Back to top Go down
cherifa
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:32 am

Hi there,

I'll give you the advice I give to all the people who came to buy a house,
We all are going to tell you that your place is the best but like you already started,you have to think about every thing.
We came to Voynika in 2005, I spoke Bugarian right away because I speak few other language and that make it very easy.
We live in Voynika, about 1and a half hour from the airport if you drive like us (not fast),
and 45mn from the coast and Burgas, 20 mn from the town of Yambol.
In our village we have the mountain Bakadjika with a monastry that is going to be a hotel and restaurant very soon. The whole village celebrate the spring on the 22nd of March in the forest Bakadjika and the monsstry by having a BBQ.
We have 4 grocery stores, a cafe and will have another one soon, a library, 2 ambulances,2 doctors and a dentistes (who wears gloves and mask). a post office. The bus comes every hour and we also have buses to Burgas.
the water guys lives in the village in case of a problem and we have a wonderful mayor that I helped to get elected and help him with advices to make our village nicer and cleaner (he already started)
We also have a theater where we sing and play for the village at every holiday, I sing with our group and go to concerts, with my girls we very often have lunches, sing and dance Bulgarian. (check out my space)
We have 5 British living in our village. I invite them to all our celebrations and they learnt to dance the Bulgarian folklore.

Now I told you all this so you can have an idea about Yambol area and our village where we have a lot of houses for sale and we need investors, please let me know if you want to know more about Bulgarians.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
tusher

PostSubject: Re: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Thank you very much cherifa for your reply. Very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any advice appreciated   Any advice appreciated Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any advice appreciated

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next