View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

[size=55:30ds0mwx]Dnevnik

Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey

Download speeds in Bulgaria were among the fastest in the world, behind only South Korea and Romania, according to research by on-line content delivery company Pando Networks.

Average speed in South Korea was 2202KBps, followed by 1909KBps in Romania and 1611KBps in Bulgaria. The top ten is rounded up by Lithuania, Latvia, Japan, Sweden, Ukraine, Denmark and Hong Kong.

US scored 26th in the survey, at 606KBps, just above the global average of 580KBps, according to the survey.

The slowest download speeds in the world were in Congo at 3KBps, Central African Republic (14KBps) and the Comorro islands (23KBps).

Although Bulgaria routinely scores low in European Union broadband usage reports, that is because such studies do not include high-speed local-area network (LAN) solutions, which are the main source of high-speed internet in the country.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com

AuthorMessage
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:30 pm

just read through this link and i am amazed to read of these problems. We have never had trouble with internet speed The weather doesn't change it it just keeps running on We are with vivacom have been for years now and find their service and prices fantastic especially as the bill never changes and we can phone who we like as many times as we like up to an hour a time day night weekdays and weekends and the calls are free I phone England daily depends what is going on and some times i phone several times.
We turn the internet on when we get up leave the emails up all the time so we chat with family and friends and forum of course when ever some thing pops up search all sorts of things and have a computer connected to the tv for radio and television all day every day.
Hope you all get a good reliable service soon I would hate not to have ours
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:58 pm

Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 3356871870 Chrissy..I'm exactly the same with my provider. Family members spend hours on the phone to Canada, the kids Skype each other and have ages on there, playing Monopoly and other games. I watch TV via Filmon, take care of banking matters in Australia, all with the press of a button. The ONLY problems occur when the electric goes off, every month or so!

Meant to add...callers in other countries ring our number, let it ring 4 or 5 times and hang up. When we see, or hear the missed call, we ring back because the call is free from our end. 25 leva per month gives us so many options.
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:23 pm

yes it is a wonderful service doing the same as you all of that you listed. Sorry about your electric cuts mind some thing we do not suffer with. Lost our electric for an afternoon once in ten years and that was when we changed to on line payments saved going to the post office to pay the bills and no worry when we are away. keep on computing and phoning :Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:28 pm

Well lucky you. You know I sometimes get the feeling that some of us are thought to be a bit thick. So many things depend on where you live in Bulgaria particularly if you are in a mountainous area. No doubt those who haven't got a good service is simply because no-one will provide a service. I asked the wonderful Vivacom in VT (lots of posh offices)for years if they could provide in our village. Oh yes they could but only with a dongle which I didn't want. M-Tel has installed modern equipment and the whole village now has a superb fast service and packages are available. Vivacom have lost out because in spite of their flashy offices they still can't provide a modern service in our area. Its really not down to us simple folk but down to the providers to spend the money on upgrading.
As for power cuts, I thought most places had cuts at one time or another in bad storms. Thats about the only time ours goes off and we are soon on again.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:04 am

Sorry, I should have been clearer..power is lost due to a storm or similar and usually is off for ten minutes or so. Six years ago, that was fairly common but has improved dramatically over time.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:28 pm

I have just found the following on the Internet:

With download speeds of up to 10 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 4 Mbps, Tooway™️ satellite broadband will bring fast and reliable Internet access for VIVACOM customers. Almost one million Bulgarian households, that are mainly located in rural and suburban areas, are still beyond reach of fixed terrestrial or wireless networks, underscoring the potential of satellite broadband in VIVACOM’s home market. VIVACOM is launching the service at prices starting from BGN 39 (19.90€) per month.

Has any member had any experience of using this system - does it work??

Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 1675110159 Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 1675110159
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 6:56 am

I checked them out a couple of years ago and it proved to be very expensive. The customer is allocated a limited upload/download quota on a daily basis which in itself is pricey. Add to that the price of hiring their equipment plus the cost of installation and delivery. I gave it a miss and waited for the good service I enjoy today.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 8:06 am

bgbazz wrote:
I checked them out a couple of years ago and it proved to be very expensive. The customer is allocated a limited upload/download quota on a daily basis which in itself is pricey. Add to that the price of hiring their equipment plus the cost of installation and delivery. I gave it a miss and waited for the good service I enjoy today.

Don't hold us in suspense bgbzz - what system have you got now? Carrier pigeons are quicker than our system!! Living in a village is lovely, but it does have it's limitations with receiving any signal from the outside world.

Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 794030042 Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 794030042
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 8:21 am

We are connected (as is most of the village) via a cable which originates about 10 miles away. We use a wireless router and at any given time can have up to seven laptops and tablets feeding off it and checking right now it shows 65mbps link speed..I have no idea if that's good or not, but everything works smoothly.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:36 am

bgbazz wrote:
We are connected (as is most of the village) via a cable which originates about 10 miles away. We use a wireless router and at any given time can have up to seven laptops and tablets feeding off it and checking right now it shows 65mbps link speed..I have no idea if that's good or not, but everything works smoothly.

We get no more than 10kbps, so yours is really good, in the UK we had cable and that was fast. Were your villagers instrumental in obtaining the cable 10 miles away or was that installed without your knowledge? Several of us Brits are campaigning with Vestel to install a second mast for the top of the village, those at the bottom of the village receive a good signal. We believe that we will get there in the end, but everything takes it's time, but until then we are suffer with no Skype or streaming of films.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Our mayor was the person who arranged the cable, but he originally thought the he was the only one who would want/use it, so didn't put the word around..we found out purely by chance and arranged to be hooked up. Funnily enough, most of the village use it now.
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:55 pm

we have vivacom elite package. this comprises of home phone landline we have phone calls to UK free of charge and most of Europe free of charge north America and Canada free of charge.we also have broadband on the home phone which is 15mbps and that costs us approx 30 bgn per month for part one of our package, we also have 2 contract gsm phones which gives us 3600 mins on each phone free of charge to call other vivacom mobiles and landlines Included in that is 30 mins per month free of charge to phone UK landline and mobile telephone numbers
we also have 3g mobile internet which costs 5.90 bgn per month which has unlimited down loads and marvalous for when we are traveling and camping around Bulgaria. We can also send and recieve sms messages through our 3g system all inclusive of the price. we have tested filmon.com via the 3g system and get perfect reception vivacom provided our mobile phones for free also
hope this is of help to every one as i would hate to be with out reception as my family and friends are far and wide and i must keep in touch with them all It beats snail mail that's for sure Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 1675110159 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 9:51 am

[size=85:38vuo3kx]Source Mail Online

Good news for a change: g

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... bills.html
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:36 am

At last, after struggling four three years with a pitiful internet speed supplied by Vivacom we have some semblence of a proper internet speed supplied by Vestel.

Bulgarian villages are regarded as nuisance value by some internet providers and speeds of only 2g are available, such as our village which is only 20k's from VT. However, Vestel had a good mast in our village and they were willing to provide us with a fibre optic cable which had to be run for 600 metres to get to our house. The cost however, had to be born by us but the difference in speed is amazing, under the old system we could read "War and Peace" whilst waiting for items to open up on the desktop, but now it is done in seconds.

Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 570106603 Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 1931734156 Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 2706089290 Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 570106603 g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 9:35 pm

That is brilliant news Itchy really pleased for you guys Chat g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next