View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Empty
PostSubject: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:53 pm

[size=55:30ds0mwx]Dnevnik

Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey

Download speeds in Bulgaria were among the fastest in the world, behind only South Korea and Romania, according to research by on-line content delivery company Pando Networks.

Average speed in South Korea was 2202KBps, followed by 1909KBps in Romania and 1611KBps in Bulgaria. The top ten is rounded up by Lithuania, Latvia, Japan, Sweden, Ukraine, Denmark and Hong Kong.

US scored 26th in the survey, at 606KBps, just above the global average of 580KBps, according to the survey.

The slowest download speeds in the world were in Congo at 3KBps, Central African Republic (14KBps) and the Comorro islands (23KBps).

Although Bulgaria routinely scores low in European Union broadband usage reports, that is because such studies do not include high-speed local-area network (LAN) solutions, which are the main source of high-speed internet in the country.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:23 pm

mmmmm interesting, i wish i could agree with this, but i cannot. all day even today my internet has been so slow i cannot turn pages, its on one minute then its off :Headbang:just had my computer stripped down cleared and cleaned but to no avail. vivacom tell me my strength is good even excellent, then they tell me as it comes all the way from coventry it will slow down by the time it reaches here, it does drive me mad :Headbang:the alternatives are no better, so have to put up with what i call a poor service. Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey 927475117
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:55 am

starlite...maybe this explains yesterday

News from the Varna region and the world
Internet shoddy half crazy Varna

Moreto.net

Today, 22 September 2011 10:41

In the last business day before the holidays Varna propishtya half of the unstable internet. Problems in Network Vivacom - provider with the largest market share in Varna, were dark and almost went a whole day. Literally every few minutes there was a relationship now, now gone. Some of the sites opened normally, but not others. There were moments when Skype was working but could not surf. victims of shoddy internet proved to be citizens and had nothing to do with the network. Because of the unstable internet stopped working on a number of companies, institutions and even banks. Our reporter saw a queue of dozens of citizens waiting for hours "
system"
of the bank to "
come"
. Customers rightly protested that they had no access to their money just before the weekend. Others are unable to service your loan, even though they came just at the maturity date. From center customer service Vivacom recorded message politely informed that a technical problem to be resolved until 12 noon. But the problem continued until late last night.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:19 am

I can't really see how they say 3rd in my own experience I would say that Bulgaria is one of the slowest I have experienced and I've tried most of the ISP but there doesn't seem to be much in any of them SLOW!!!!
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:45 pm

They must have missed me out when they did this survey...or maybe it did not include "
painfully slow or complete lack of connection for most of August"

Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey 927475117 Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey 794030042
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:49 pm

Esta wrote:
They must have missed me out when they did this survey...or maybe it did not include "

I'm with Esta ... good job they didn't ask me. We were often without a connection for 48 hours after a small shower ... and I'm not talking Kotel, I'm talking about when we lived in Sofia ... a 'European Capital City'
Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey 794030042
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Esta wrote:

Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey 927475117 Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey 794030042

They must have missed us out as well, our village has no proper telephone landlines. We survive the internet using Vivacom and if the connection gets any worse I will be sending our carrier pigeon to Ashley with my next posting!!!

Is there any proper satellite connections that are cheap enough for us to use. Vestel is out of range here as well. May as well be in the middle of the Sahara desert!!!!!

Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey 794030042 Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey 794030042
Back to top Go down
TNT1
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:38 pm

Gimp wrote:
I can't really see how they say 3rd in my own experience I would say that Bulgaria is one of the slowest .

I sure agree with this comment. blizoo have been out to my house 15 times in the last two months Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey 794030042
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Gimp wrote:
I can't really see how they say 3rd in my own experience I would say that Bulgaria is one of the slowest I have experienced and I've tried most of the ISP but there doesn't seem to be much in any of them SLOW!!!!

Ours is not too bad except in the Rain, Snow sun, wind and any other climatic event Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey 1865348797 Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey 1865348797 Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey 1865348797
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:56 am

I must be really lucky then. The speeds out here in the village are the fastest I have used anywhere in the world..much faster than we have in Plovdiv, which I used to think was pretty good. We run two big PCs and three laptops through our router and anywhere on the property [laptops of course] the result is very good.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:17 am

I agree with Esta the internet in BG is hit and mis and at best the speed is constantly slow. I wish they would have asked more of the brits but perhaps the Bulgarians know something we don't? s
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Totally have to disagree with you there Daisy..being a Brit[and I'm not] should have nothing to do with it! The old saying..'you pay peanuts, you can expect monkeys', comes to mind.

I live in the middle of the country and get good speeds..I was just up in the high country above Pamporovo and got good speeds on a village wireless system..over in Kiten, I get good speeds and back in Sofia it's slower, but still better than anything I experienced in the UK.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:46 am

bgbazz wrote:
Totally have to disagree with you there Daisy..being a Brit[and I'm not] should have nothing to do with it! The old saying..'you pay peanuts, you can expect monkeys', comes to mind.

I live in the middle of the country and get good speeds..I was just up in the high country above Pamporovo and got good speeds on a village wireless system..over in Kiten, I get good speeds and back in Sofia it's slower, but still better than anything I experienced in the UK.

We had a cable connection in the UK, it was brilliant, our internet speed here is pathetic, I could read War and Peace waiting for the Internet to do something on our computer. I've heard tel.net is good, does anyone know if it works on a phone cable or satellite. Has any forum member got further useful information on a good internet system that's generally available on the market in BG.

Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey 794030042
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:59 am

have to agree, bt in the uk was relatively trouble free. im with vivacom here in bulgaria, the best of the bunch i believe but speed is an issue. when you talk to vivacom they say speed is excellent, heard that for 5 years now. i dont pay peanuts and i dont get a good service either. Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey 794030042
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 11:15 am

I use N3 in Plovdiv and usually experience around 1mps for downloads. Here in the village we are on the end of a cable system which services a number of other villages on the way and our speed is rarely less than 2mps. My wifes work requires very large file up and downloads, often many times during the course of the day and at 23 leva per month with no limits on usage, we find it suits us just fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey   Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bulgaria ranks third in global internet speed survey

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next