Post offices going?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

Post offices going? Empty
PostSubject: Post offices going?   Post offices going? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 2:59 pm

This is a bit of a worry form Novinite

Bulgarian State Posts Abandon Villages, Small Towns

A huge number of Bulgarian villages and some small towns will end up without post offices by 2016, according to a plan of the state-owned Bulgarian Posts EAD.

Bulgarian Posts is going to gradually shut down its branches in towns or villages with a population of under 800 people by 2016, the bTV channel reported.

This means that some 30% of all Bulgarian Posts offices around the country will be closed. The plan further provides for "
mobile postal units"
to visit the villages in question periodically.

The measure is apparently going to contribute further to the demise of hundreds of Bulgarian villages, for which the local post office is their major connection with the outside world.

In addition, it is unclear how thousands of pensioners – who make up most of the population of the small villages – will be able to receive their retirement pensions that are presently distributed by the government through the post offices.

Forcing them to travel to the nearest bigger town or city with a functioning post office every month will not eat away at their anyway meagre pensions but will prove to be impossible for many.
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Post offices going?   Post offices going? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 4:27 pm

looks like its going to get like england then. The village we used to live in lost the post office, then the shop and finally the pub. Now its full of commuters and no locals. Very sad. Hope they change their minds. Post offices going? 3135333095
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Post offices going?   Post offices going? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 5:19 pm

We are not on a through road - and it is 7 kms to the next village. Due to high fuel prices they have reduced the bringing and collecting of mail to every other day. It is only delivered to the post office for us to collect - or a villager drops it round to us. I wonder if they will deliver mail to our village just once a week if these changes come into effect.

Don't see how this will work for us.

Not completely on topic - but last year they cut out the lunch time bus to Yambol and surrounding villages.

Post offices going? 794030042
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Post offices going?   Post offices going? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:25 pm

s

That is a shame - Don't they just make life more difficult for people. Post offices going? 794030042

The post office in our village went years ago and the one in the next village went last year but I am amazed at the following: Two ladies go out to the local shop sit at the table and everyone lines up waiting to be paid their pension. Anyone can walk in, but then I wonder if they could walk out Post offices going? 2381841692 Can you imagine that happening in the UK Post offices going? 3135333095 I used to have to take security with me when I carried anything over £1000 to the bank around the corner.

Oddy
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Post offices going?   Post offices going? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:39 am

Such a shame. Of all the things they want to change this is a horrible one. It affects so many people.
Yes back in the UK local PO 's were closed, and Saturdays and lunch times were spent queueing for sometimes over an hour.
Post offices going? 794030042 Post offices going? 794030042
Back to top Go down
smallholder

PostSubject: Re: Post offices going?   Post offices going? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:20 pm

This year our village Post Office has cut there opening times to mornings only.
Back to top Go down
Brian1
Senior user
Senior user
Brian1

PostSubject: Re: Post offices going?   Post offices going? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 1:58 pm

This is very sad and a sign of the times I'm afraid, its going to make life harder for the elderly who rely on the Po being in the village just as it did in the UK and now I see that back in the UK they are even closing some of the town Po, where will this all end .
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Post offices going?   Post offices going? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:53 am

Our has been closed for ages and it didn't go down well with the locals let alone people now being out of a job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post offices going?   Post offices going? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post offices going?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1