HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Whose name should we buy our property in?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

Whose name should we buy our property in? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Whose name should we buy our property in?   Whose name should we buy our property in? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just been reading about inheritance and bank accounts. For us this may be less complicated, but we still need to know the best way to go about things? My husband and I have been married since 1967 and our four children (and ten grandchildren) are all descended from this union. We intended our four direct offspring to jointly inherit anything we have to leave. Neither of us have been married to anyone else or had any children with anyone else. I'd intended to open a company in the children's names to buy the house, but can it be a joint company/property owned by the four of them? If I can't do that and have to buy the house in one name only, should this be mine (I'm slightly younger than my husband) or our eldest son's or what? How long is it likely to take for the inheritance process to be completed? Can we set up a trust in the UK and have that own the company/property?

We have no other money to invest, but may save some from our pensions, intending it to pay fares out for our children and back to UK for us to visit. Is there a convenient way to do this in Bulgaria and take advantage of possible better interest rates, without making it inaccessible to those who need it when one of us dies?

We intended to buy very soon so this is clearly something we need to know all about quickly!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Whose name should we buy our property in?   Whose name should we buy our property in? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:02 pm

get an eu approved lawyer too, my first lawyer gave me wrong advice, he said my uk will stands here, but it does not, and he said it was common practice to put on deeds 4,ooo levs, which is tax evasion. thankfully my intutition told me not to, the paper work was also wrong, i had to get another lawyer to put it right. its hard to get things right when buying in another country, you know very few people and you do believe what they say, who are you to question, well question, as has been already said get a good lawyer, forums are great for debates, but when personal and invested money is involved you need the professionals. g
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Whose name should we buy our property in?   Whose name should we buy our property in? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:33 pm

This idea may not always be possible but, given enough time I have considered converting/selling off, any of our assets, putting the cash wherever you like, and if staying in Bulgaria, Just renting a property. I know it's nice to have your own place to live in, but this would solve a lot of problems for the inheritors.
Back to top Go down
Brian1
Senior user
Senior user
Brian1

PostSubject: Re: Whose name should we buy our property in?   Whose name should we buy our property in? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Dave that doesn't sound such a bad idea the only worry I would have is finding a place that was long term and when I say long term I mean to the end of my days which maybe a problem. Whose name should we buy our property in? - Page 3 3356871870
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Whose name should we buy our property in?   Whose name should we buy our property in? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 6:43 pm

well no idea is perfect c . but as soon as you sell up and find a place you will properly live a another 50 years. Whose name should we buy our property in? - Page 3 739492727
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whose name should we buy our property in?   Whose name should we buy our property in? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whose name should we buy our property in?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3