Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village Empty
PostSubject: Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village   Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:16 am

Parents have killed their 8-year-old daughter during a drunken brawl in a Bulgarian village in the Lovech Province, the Bulgarian National Radio informed.

According to the Head of the Regional Directorate of the Interior Ministry in Lovech, Georgi Ivanov, the probable cause of the death was a hit with a blunt object.

The Bulgarian father, 45, and the Roma mother, 38, have decided to fight the cold weather with alcohol. They also gave alcohol to their children – two 8-year-old twins, and three other kids.

The 8-year-old Nina has died after being hit with a blunt object. The mother has been found with blood alcohol content of 3 per mils.

Nina’s twin sister has also been found with blood alcohol content of almost 2 per mils. According to the Bulgarian private TV channel bTV, giving alcohol to their children has been a tradition in the family.

“Neither the social workers, nor the police knew that this family would end up like this. The parents are unemployed, the family has been living on social and child contributions, but similar situations are common in the villages,” Ivanov said.

The mother is pregnant with her sixth child. The four children are expected to be accommodated in social institutions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
pixi
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village   Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:32 am

This is shocking right near Christmas too my thoughts and prayers go out to their children. Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village 927475117
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village   Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:35 am

How terrible. Especially this time of the year when children should be happy and looking forward to a family gathering.
Even when money is short a normal family would make sure the children come first. But they had money for drink.
Lets hope the rest of the children in the family have a much happier time in care apposed to the life they had.
My heart goes out to the other twin.
I also hope the unborn child will be taken away from them as soon as it is born, for safety sake. Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village 927475117
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village   Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:40 am

Appalling and fancy giving alcohol to your kids as well - downright stupid.
Back to top Go down
jenny2803
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village   Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:41 pm

It such a sad thing to happen, Yes while I agree that the parents had money for drink sadly this is a common practice amongst Roma people. But no amount of trying to control this would work.

coriolanus wrote:

I for one was one of the many hundreds of parents that allowed their child to have a very small taste of wine with their evening meal or on special occasions and am a very firm believer in if you take the big attraction of not being allowed a drink away from them it makes them much more sensible when they do drink.
Jenny
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village   Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi Jenny,

Yes, I agree, just a sip of wine is fine as is common practice in France as well as few other countries. One of these kids had three promilles (!!) you get banned from driving for six months if you have 1! Completely crazy. However, given what happened, the parents obviously lost any semblance of control of themselves or their actions. Very sad, indeed.

jenny2803 wrote:
It such a sad thing to happen, Yes while I agree that the parents had money for drink sadly this is a common practice amongst Roma people. But no amount of trying to control this would work.

coriolanus wrote:

I for one was one of the many hundreds of parents that allowed their child to have a very small taste of wine with their evening meal or on special occasions and am a very firm believer in if you take the big attraction of not being allowed a drink away from them it makes them much more sensible when they do drink.
Jenny
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village   Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 5:07 pm

itchyfeet wrote:
How terrible. Especially this time of the year when children should be happy and looking forward to a family gathering.
Even when money is short a normal family would make sure the children come first. But they had money for drink.
Lets hope the rest of the children in the family have a much happier time in care apposed to the life they had.
My heart goes out to the other twin.
I also hope the unborn child will be taken away from them as soon as it is born, for safety sake. Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village 927475117

Having been to the Silistra Orphanage and seen all the happiness and smiles from the children there, I just wish these poor kids could join them and have a Happy Christmas :Xmas1:and perhaps there might have been enough Berni pressies and toys for them as well, :Xmas3:which would have gone some of the way to help them over this very difficult period
I have no idea what taking them into care means in Bulgaria, but I imagine it would be more like a prison camp, I hope I am wrong and there is a ray of :Sunny:for them, after all it is not their fault that they have drunken parents Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village 927475117
I look at my 4 beautiful grand-children age 14 weeks to nearly 7 years old and it makes me shudder to thing that anybody could do this, and the hurt inflicked on the brothers and sisters left behind. How could they ever forgive their parents Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village 794030042 Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village 739492727
Back to top Go down
jenny2803
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village   Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:53 pm

Sadly willowsend these memories these kids will have good or bad will be with them for the rest of their lives simply because they do not know any better.
Having worked with the children of Yambol orphanage we know what happiness looks like in these childrens eyes, they are bright full of fun and laughter and smiles and i'm sure that their lives are better then they could hope for if that makes sense.
If you look around the villages of Bulgaria i'm sure you could find hundreds of kids less fortunate than the children in the residential homes around BG. I have visited some homes where they don't even have the basics as wind and watertight which is very distressing.
For every child that is placed in care there are many many more without the ultimate basics in life.
Jenny
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village   Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:40 pm

Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village 927475117 Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village 927475117

Such a heartbreaking story and as always it seems to be the poor children who suffer :Very sad:There is no excuse what so ever for the parents drunken behavior, it is totally despicable and to give alcohol to the children is just not acceptable. Such a awful experience for the children not only will they have lost a sister but also their parents - and we all know, no matter what parents do children still love them.

Yes indeed Willow, like you, we do hope the children will got to an Orphanage like Silistra or any of the others we have helped, as we know they will all have a wonderful Christmas. Our thoughts and prayers are with the little ones and the family. Angel

Oddy Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village 927475117
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village   Parents Kill Their Child in Bulgarian Village Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1