New high insulation home in Rousse open days

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
joseph
Senior user
Senior user

New high insulation home in Rousse open days - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: New high insulation home in Rousse open days   New high insulation home in Rousse open days - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi All,just to let you know we are having two open days on Nov 27th and 28th Nov in our latest home before it goes on the market,Please come along and see around the house and have a chat.
Take a look at the timber frame building system that is used in the UK,Ireland and the USA and see for yourself the high end finishes and the hi insulation and airtightness qualities of the house,View the pictures on our website globalstructuresltd/bg/ under gallery,finished projects and Baserbovo 2
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
joseph
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: New high insulation home in Rousse open days   New high insulation home in Rousse open days - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:02 pm

We do import the DPC and use it in every house,I have never seen it used or sold anywhere in Bulgaria.
When I started to build houses in Bulgaria the local boys would not believe me when I explained the reason for the DPC,They told me that it was so damp in the UK and that there was no such thing as rising damp in Bulgaria!!! then one day as we were going to work building a house in the village of Marten along the Danube I noticed a white line about 80cm above the ground on the walls of all the houses in one street and I asked the Boys what it was,They said it was from two years ago when the Dunube overflowed.
Later that day the old man next door was in his garden and I asked the boys to ask him about the big flood the year before and he said "
We had no flood that is the damp rising up the walls"
: )
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: New high insulation home in Rousse open days   New high insulation home in Rousse open days - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:01 pm

I find it a bit starnge that DPC isn't yet available in Bulgaria? what do they use for the new builds
Back to top Go down
joseph
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: New high insulation home in Rousse open days   New high insulation home in Rousse open days - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Maybe I'm wrong but I have not seen anyone else using Dpc or insulation in the footings,
Back to top Go down
bapps
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: New high insulation home in Rousse open days   New high insulation home in Rousse open days - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Joseph have check all my sources and not been able to track down DPC yet they have DPM but working on it it is here i will come back ,as to the Bulgarians they use the carmac as a base foundation which slow the rise of water but i don't think its great but as you know this is there way and has been here for years
Back to top Go down
joseph
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: New high insulation home in Rousse open days   New high insulation home in Rousse open days - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:53 pm

We can buy the DPM in Bulgaria for the sub floors and it is quite widely used in Bulgaria, But we use the DPC under all internal and external walls to prevent the damp from rising into the walls.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: New high insulation home in Rousse open days   New high insulation home in Rousse open days - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:22 pm

Is there anyway of this being added after in other words on older houses that are already built.
Back to top Go down
joseph
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: New high insulation home in Rousse open days   New high insulation home in Rousse open days - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:19 pm

There would be no problem adding the timber frame to the top of the walls of an old house but if you were going to the bother of taking down the walls and old roof I would suggest going all the way down and putting in new foundations and you would end up with a complete new house and you know what you have got, probably for less time and very little more money.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: New high insulation home in Rousse open days   New high insulation home in Rousse open days - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 8:44 am

joseph wrote:
We can buy the DPM in Bulgaria for the sub floors and it is quite widely used in Bulgaria, But we use the DPC under all internal and external walls to prevent the damp from rising into the walls.

I think you misunderstood me what I was asking is can a DPC be added to an older house ? where there isn't one already.
Back to top Go down
joseph
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: New high insulation home in Rousse open days   New high insulation home in Rousse open days - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:56 am

Sorry I thought you meant timber frame.
Yes there is a system where a copper wire is installed and is connected to a power source but I'm not sure if anyone in Bulgaria is doing it. I will try and get you a link to it online so you can read up on the system but as for the physical DPC the answer is no as it has to be installed under the Walls.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: New high insulation home in Rousse open days   New high insulation home in Rousse open days - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:16 pm

Thank you for getting back to me what you say sounds interesting I will look forward to your next reply. New high insulation home in Rousse open days - Page 2 2706089290
Back to top Go down
joseph
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: New high insulation home in Rousse open days   New high insulation home in Rousse open days - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:46 pm

Take a look at this company and you will get the idea of what I am talking about, the product is electro- osmossis wire and if you look it up there is plenty of places that sell the system directly to the homeowner if you want to import it. Now there is a business opportunity for someone in Bulgaria to take up and I hope I get a bit of commission for the idea.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... oofing.php
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New high insulation home in Rousse open days   New high insulation home in Rousse open days - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New high insulation home in Rousse open days

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2