View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:07 pm

[size=55:1dbcp8ij]Sofia echo 19 October 2010

British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria

The British community in the village of Avren, municipality of Varna, fed up with what they see as the failure of local government, has decided to take matters in their own hands by appointing their own candidate in the local elections, the private Bulgarian television channel bTV reported on October 18 2010.

About 20 British families permanently reside in Avren, one of the largest British communities in the region. The community has apparently grown tired of their pleas falling on deaf ears, so in accordance with the Lisbon Treaty, they have decided to act.

The Lisbon treaty is an international agreement amending the two treaties which comprise the constitutional basis of the European Union – the Treaty of Maastricht, and the Treaty of Rome, or the initial treaty of the European Community. It stipulates that every citizen of a European member state country is allowed the same rights in his adopted country as local citizens.

The treaty, which was signed by EU member states on December 13 2007, and entered into force on 1 December 2009, states in some of its provisions, that it ensures greater economic, social and territorial cohesion as well as "
common safety concerns in public health matters, for the aspects defined in this Treaty"

The British in Avram are upset because the locals keep on littering. They say that they want to keep the place as tidy as it would be in the UK.

Like other residents of Avren, the expats are also concerned at the poor state of local infrastructure. Hence they have formed – in a move unprecedented for Bulgaria – a foreign club that will have a say in local politics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgari   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 5:06 pm

There should be more like this I applaud them and wish them every bit of luck British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 1430720830
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgari   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 5:10 pm

bigsavak wrote:
There should be more like this I applaud them and wish them every bit of luck British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 1430720830

And so say all of us British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 2706089290
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgari   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Great news lets hope they make a difference British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 2706089290
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgari   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:45 pm

British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 1763269238 British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 1763269238 British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 1763269238

[size=200:2tqxp90l] Fantastic!!! Fair play to them British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 2706089290

Here is wishing them All the luck in the world British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 1430720830

Oddy g
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgari   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:41 pm

This is a first I would like to try and follow this and see how it turns out? anybody know any of the people involved?
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgari   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Its very interesting to read such an article about Brits being involved in Bulgarian politics it should be interesting to see how the develops and if they have any chance of success or will they just be pushed aside by the Bulgarians
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgari   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:09 pm

Anymore news on this? I know there will be some who may think that the Brits should just but out but I do believe that we can all make a difference if we are given the chance s
Back to top Go down
meezer
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgari   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:28 pm

British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 570106603 British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 570106603 British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 570106603 British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 1430720830 British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 2706089290 British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 2706089290 British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 1430720830
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgari   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:47 pm

This is fantastic I'm sure if they are successful they will make a difference I know there will be those who are skeptics but you will always get that I put it down to jealousy good luck to them I say British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 3356871870
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgari   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Anyone know anymore about this yet ? I just wondered how things were going for them its a shame if it just dies a death so can someone try and let us know more g
Back to top Go down
pixi
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgari   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:23 pm

Yes I too was wondering how they were getting on, would be very interested to know the outcome.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgari   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Nice to see that these people are prepared to join g

But lets just hope that they are constructive in their approach, local politics is not that easy in the UK and is very cliquey. So what on earth is it like in BG British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 1536469901

Good luck to the candidate British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 1995268642
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgari   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:00 pm

s s

British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria 1430720830 :Good luck:to them all - brave people the will need all the luck in in he world.

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
seven
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgari   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:37 am

Just to stir things up, not that I'm against this at all, but would you all be really happy if a Bulgarian ran for MP in your local area that you came from in the UK, if there were 20 Bulgarians in the village???? Because, lets say they feel that they should have the right to litter.... as it is only because of where you come from that you feel this is right or wrong.... (As I said just thought i'd see what came back...., as I have found that on a lot of the other forums what is good for one is never good for the other)....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria   British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

British expats to run for municipal elections in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next