Bored? give us an idea what to do!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
botev
Senior user
Senior user

Bored? give us an idea what to do! Empty
PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:26 pm

I love bg but like anywhere in the world, one is always sure to get bored. I have a very busy life but always with washing clothes, feeding the kids, cleaning out the animals, work, etc etc etc so when i get five minutes to myself, or sometimes if im lucky half a day! I am totally stuck as to what to do!

I did think about starting to make a goat shed as i will be having one soon, however i have no idea where to begin and the weather has been rubbish for this sort of thing anyway!

What do you guys do when you are bored?
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:34 pm

I talk to all my friends on the forum,,,,never get bored here

Mike
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:48 pm

Hi I wish I had time to get bored the only trouble when your retired you don't get time off seriously that's a difficult one maybe if you know a few other of the fairer sex you could go on a shopping trip or just have a girlie couple of hours maybe a coffee morning you could set up? your right though building a goat shed in the weather your having at the moment isn't the best idea, but I will have a look round and see if I can find some plans for a goat shed, and I'm sure that some of the ladies will have some idea's for you
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:59 pm

Thanks ashley, although shopping is great i need to make a buck or two first ;
) however we were thinking of setting up a parent toddler group, but we are not so sure about that on!!! to be honest i do not often get bored but interested to know what other get up to when they have a spare min or two....

I wouldnt get bored if i had spare cash thats a sure thing!!! he he he

you know in our area there isnt much of anything really...even here you see isnt many guys from my area....no concerts going not much of anything, i reckon we should man together my end and thing of something!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi LittleSteps I have just had a look round and found this site [url=http:
//www.
goatwisdom.
com/ch9husbandry/shelter.
html:138aieib]HERE[/url:138aieib] it might be useful for when you build a Goat shed, wasn't you thinking of moving? if so before you do why don't you check out your preferred location and take it from there you may find that the location you choose isn't going to be what you want socially ? its just a thought I have come across people so often move to an area because its close to the sea or its very picturesque but they are so lonely because there's nothing that they like apart from the surroundings, anyway I will shut up now hope the site I found is of some use
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 11:12 pm

ha ha ha thanks, your full of uses you are! :) anyway yes we are wanting to move but need the same area, work purposes and my son is so settled now after so many times moving across country! to be honest i am not so lonely just hate when im bored! and there plenty of people here just you know its winter and its the coast!!!!

Will think of something to get the energies running.....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 11:20 pm

I'm in chat if you want have a quick natter
Back to top Go down
junenan
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:34 pm

about being bored it not so much bored as being lonely I never thought I would find it so hard to make friends been here over 2 yrs feels like 102 tried to start a club for arts & crafts hopefully thinking we could go to visit different places now I am sorry I have ever heard of Bulgaria just hope one day the economy will pick up & I can get out of this god forsaken country , junenan
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:46 pm

oh dear, i don't think everyone will ever agree on location, some will like it, some will dislike it, while some have a positive opinion others will endulge all emotions and say they love it!

However we all get lonely and we all get bored from time to time regardless where we are in the world! This topic was supposed to give us some funny ideas of what others get up to when having a bored minute or two!!!

Lets not argue MAYBE JUNENAN just needs some encouragement!

If you are so positive abotu where you are give some to the people here!!!!

have you gto something funny to do when you get bored?
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:37 pm

i love the country, and i admire you for never getting bored!!!!
Back to top Go down
Loupylou
Anonymous

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:54 pm

Know what you mean junenan it is a god forsaken place,and can be a lonely place,it,s hard to mix with your neighbours when they have been stuck in there routines for donkeys years,and when they see you they would rather hide,Your not being negative just honest,we find it dull and boring as well!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
anglachanka
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 3:26 pm

I find all this a bit alarming, a bit sad and very predictable.

I have just waved goodbye to yet another English couple who have returned to the UK because they were bored mainly ... nothing to do in the evenings, too far to drive for a meal out during the day etc. We talked before they went and the husband did finally agree, they hadn't thought about it enough, had looked at the positives ... cheap living etc, but not the negative sides at all.
So now they moved back to where they can get a takeaway any night of the week, they can go to the pub or round to visit friends etc. which is what they actually need

It seems so many people either don't do enough research into what living in a quiet village here really means or they just come here on hope alone, and it isn't enough.

You have to want to be living a quiet life without the ready made entertainment, because there isn't any, or be a self sufficient person, happy in their own company with many interests both indoors and out to be able to live a full and happy life here. Coming from large towns and cities to a tiny village in the middle of nowhere, is a huge culture shock and you have to be prepared for that.

I remember my father asking me why on earth I wanted to move to Bulgaria of all places and my reply to that was ... because it is like England was 100 years ago but with technology. I knew that was what I wanted, but I still came here 6 times before I finally moved, in different seasons and to different parts of the country.

So I was sure, not only of the move but the right way to go about things .... it makes me sad and cross sometimes that so many people come here and do things they would never have considered at home ... having no house insurance, trusting the first person who says they are a builder, roofer etc ( and they can't even communicate with these ones !! ) and then they come unstuck.
Is it really Bulgaria or is it us, expecting things which aren't here and taking too many things for granted, where we would have checked thoroughly in the UK.

Anyway, I am happy but with 11 animals, books to read, a computer to talk to family and friends, English programmes to watch, plants to grow, decorating to do, neighbours to chat to and lots of cooking .... no time to be bored, in fact no time for anything else at all.
Back to top Go down
Loupylou
Anonymous

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:45 pm

Its not alarming.its not sad, its not predictable,you obviously enjoy your life out here with your 11 dogs and doing what you do on an everyday basis but it does,nt suit everybody.If these people decided not to stay(and not just for the takeaways)then it is better they do it now than to committ themselves,after all this life is not for everyone and yes it is boring!!!!!
Back to top Go down
anglachanka
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:31 am

Well sorry you feel that way, and just to explain .... what I think is sad or alarming is that the same people probably would not have moved to a small village in the UK without finding out all about it first.

Small village life is not for everyone, and I do occasionally have a day when I think ... oh I am bored !! Or I feel lonely living on my own. But I try to do something about it and get myself out of it. Otherwise your mood becomes darker, especially in the winter and everything starts to look bleak.

A couple of years ago an uncle of mine came for a visit and was entranced with the place, to the extent that on his next visit he came over and bought a house and moved over with his partner as soon as everything was completed. 15 months later he was back in the UK, having discovered that he missed his social life too much, theatres, cinemas, being able to meet his freinds etc.

Unfortunately this life is not for everyone as you say, the sad thing is that they have to discover it after the trauma and upheaval of moving rather than before and then have to go through it all again to go back.
Back to top Go down
junenan
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:32 am

to prophile i did get off my ass as you so kindly put it but found it impossible to get anyone interested in getting off there asses I think I have a lively out look but I am a bit restricted in what I can do the body is a bit worn out not really moaning just get very fed up with people of very little compassion & me being unable to get about like I would like to perhaps because I am 77 I should I be content with knitting sewing painting reading photography computor driving I would just like a friend or 2 to share it all with & as to why I am stiil here incase you havent noticed now is not the time to sell up & not being one of the well off unfortunatly we have to stay put but as soon as it is possible I will be gone from this godforsaken country at least I am not the only one who thinks like me I guess there will be something you can have a go at me about prophile but just try & show a bit of thought put your brain into gear before you start spouting off june nan ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bored? give us an idea what to do!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next