The Budget

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

The Budget - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Budget   The Budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:26 am

First topic message reminder :

We have been listening to all the hype about the Budget for to-day.

One of the things raised is the concern for people in the public sector like classroom assistants losing their jobs. Although I must sympathies with these people if they do, I must ask the question about about how the jobs were created in the first place. When I was a child at school there were no classroom assistants. Teachers were lone workers. They were allowed to discipline the kids, I know as I got a whack with a slipper and the cane. Maybe it is because of the mambe pambe state that has been created and that teachers cannot discipline the kids that these people are there to help?

Also the Bulgarian retirement age is to be raised by 3 years. Nothing new in that, but did you know that for every year they work over the age they get an increase in their pensions. A small increase but an increase. In the UK if you pay in over the top like many of us have you get nowt.

Just a little post to start a different debate maybe.

Tony
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   The Budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:01 am

Despite the Budget cut of a penny per litre, pump prices stubbornly refused to move. Some garages even cynically put up prices by a penny on Wednesday, the day of the Budget, so they could claim to have cut them when the reduction was enforced at 6pm."
Fact is Osborne cannot make damneds about the price of petrol at the pump, ALL he can control is the amount of taxation taken on each litre which currently stands at 81p in every £1.31p. Like everything else in the damned country, welcome to rip-off Britain where every company and organization under the sun charges exorbitant prices for everything in their haste to the trough and politicians are powerless to halt greed and stupidity because they are part of the process. The Budget - Page 2 739492727
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   The Budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:09 am

Its not just fuel we saw it coming from 2002 as a result of banks lending and people borrowing without any thought of how the money would be repaid if things went wrong which it duly did. This is not the first time in our history inflation has raised its ugly head nor will it be the last but the only way out of it is by individual sacrafice yes doing without as asking for more salary only leads to a worse situation as suppliers,manufacturers and retailers will only increase prices to recover their costs. Its unfortunate but the more prudent amougst us have to suffer due to the recklessness of others. I say in the future any Government should be transparent and accountable to its electors yes individual MP performance inclusive before being relected despite what the party animals tell us to do. Look out for at least 5 years of hardship before real changes occur.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   The Budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:25 pm

BGTRAVELLER wrote:
Despite the Budget cut of a penny per litre, pump prices stubbornly refused to move. Some garages even cynically put up prices by a penny on Wednesday, the day of the Budget, so they could claim to have cut them when the reduction was enforced at 6pm."
Fact is Osborne cannot make damneds about the price of petrol at the pump, ALL he can control is the amount of taxation taken on each litre which currently stands at 81p in every £1.31p. Like everything else in the damned country, welcome to rip-off Britain where every company and organization under the sun charges exorbitant prices for everything in their haste to the trough and politicians are powerless to halt greed and stupidity because they are part of the process. The Budget - Page 2 739492727

This government and previous governments have only governed individuals, they forget they are there to govern the country and that includes companies that are walking roughshod over everyone. It is time some of these companies are told what to do by the government and a timescale to do it, those that choose to ignore this should be charged 99p in the £ tax!!!! Maybe it sounds harsh, but it would soon bring some of the worst companies to heel!!

c c
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   The Budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:42 pm

They continue to blame Labour for ALL the ills of this country, it's not true. Yes they spent money to often, and to much, but the BANKERS have drained the public funds much more. They should be paying the price but they aren't. The public know this and are not fooled. All those on the front benches in parliament are millionaires, so what do they know of poverty, losing a job, children hungry, nothing. We are not fooled. Yes work if there are jobs there, but to punish those who suffer a job loss is foolhardy in the long term. We all suffer in these circumstances. We should learn from the East, and the uprisings there. Unemployment, and lack of freedoms and silly laws, make for unease. Could we have it in the uk, yes we could, it's already happened once before under Thatcher. Be wary, be warned it could happen again if the working underclass are pushed to far. For those who relish the stop in benefits, stop and think the senorio I speak of is not far off.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   The Budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:47 pm

Carmen wrote:
but the BANKERS have drained the public funds much more.

The bankers would not have had the opportunity had it not been for the Govt. The Budget - Page 2 794030042 The Budget - Page 2 794030042 The Budget - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
stigofthedump
Senior user
Senior user
stigofthedump

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   The Budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:23 pm

There really wasn't any need for the mindless thugs to wreck London again The Budget - Page 2 794030042 I like these cuts as much as the next person. It's costing everyone a fortune to commute to work because of fuel prices - and no - you can't use public transport because there just aren't the links , we all pay taxes, I paid for my university education with my earnings (yes - studying and working full time) and I don't have children - so no tax breaks for me! if I were still in the uk Even so - I don't see that attacking The Ritz and F&
M is the way to get things changed. This has just detracted from the main body of the peaceful protest and shown that there is still a minority of people who think they should get something for nothing and will destroy what other people have in an attempt to get what they want. Shame on them. If they are so worried about paying back student loans - shouldn't they be working a Saturday job - not rioting? And - whilst I'm perched here on my soap box...they should have the courage to show their faces!!! and not wear masks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   The Budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:50 pm

stigofthedump wrote:
This has just detracted from the main body of the peaceful protest

Peaceful protests achieve nothing, really. Things need to be smashed and people killed and injured before the British govt pays any attention to anything.

stigofthedump wrote:
shouldn't they be working a Saturday job

It'll take more than a Saturday job to deal with what is happening in the UK.

stigofthedump wrote:
they should have the courage to show their faces!!! and not wear masks.

Yes, they should not be cowards in this sense.
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   The Budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 6:40 pm

There is always a percentage of bad apples in the barrel, someone always hijacks a protest for their own vanity. This could happen anywhere, any time that you cut or take people's "
entitlements"
. Let's not forget, one of the main reasons that the government gives people things is so we don't storm the Bastille. Give people an opportunity, not a handout and things like this won't happen. Put people in charge of their lives and they'll have nobody to protest but themselves. Stop letting other countries pilfer our economy with unfair trade agreements and the people wouldn't need handouts. Stop regulating our companies to death so they have no choice but to go elsewhere. Stop creating false crises as an excuse for taxing people unfairly. It doesn't matter who is "
in charge"
, the rules are always stacked against the people. These politicians work for us, it's about time that they are held responsible. This plutocracy is about to have their chickens come home to roost. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help little men by tearing down big men. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   The Budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:09 pm

Did the organisers really think it was all going to be a peaceful demonstration, I don't think so, unless they are totally naive. We all know what happens when a big demo is organised in London there is always elements that want to smash things up and make themselves a complete nuisance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   The Budget - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Budget

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2