altText

A Typical Village Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

A Typical Village Day Empty
PostSubject: A Typical Village Day   A Typical Village Day Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:26 pm

Well what a day it has been g

Our friend called round at 10.00 AM and said to-day was the day to Slaughter, pluck gut and freeze the chickens A Typical Village Day 1536469901. We actually started plucking at about 11.00 and finished getting 65 birds ready for the freezer at 19.00 hrs. It is a slow job but worth doing properly. We finished the day by having a BBQ (Chicken of course) and have just got home at 24.00 hrs. We could have stayed there drinking all night if we wanted to but enough was enough and now time for bed.

Hope your day was enjoyable as ours.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: A Typical Village Day   A Typical Village Day Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:26 pm

A Typical Village Day 1763269238

This springs to mind

I am not a pheasant plucker
I am a pheasant plucker's son
I am only plucking pheasant till the pheasant plucker comes

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: A Typical Village Day   A Typical Village Day Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:45 am

A Typical Village Day 2381841692 A Typical Village Day 2381841692 A Typical Village Day 2381841692 A Typical Village Day 2381841692 A Typical Village Day 2706089290
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: A Typical Village Day   A Typical Village Day Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:24 pm

Sounds like a great life to me Tony it reminds me of years gone by in the uk A Typical Village Day 927475117
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: A Typical Village Day   A Typical Village Day Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:08 am

Just found your post about your village day. I am slowly getting used to the forum. I am always surprised so few folks post about their village life. I will post some of my experiences in the future after our Rockfest on Saturday. Too much worrying going on at the moment. Doesn't anyone else enjoy the experience of living in a village? so many absurdities, so much fun and always something different happening on a daily basis if you take time to sit and watch just like the villagers do. Stop driving around in your 4x4s and walk around a bit. Something new to see every day. The minutae of life in a village.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: A Typical Village Day   A Typical Village Day Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:24 am

A Typical Village Day 1763269238

Morning Oldun

Agree with you totally - get out and about g The only problem I have is I get kidnapped A Typical Village Day 2381841692 A Typical Village Day 1865348797 A Typical Village Day 1865348797 I decide to go for a walk round the village and before I know it everyone and anyone drags me into their place I was in one place for hours one day as we had to wait for the daughter to come so the people could speak to me via her c It was real funny but must admit Dougie did not see the funny side when I turned up 3.5 hours later oops!!!!! forgot to leave him a note. Needless to say I have to take phone with me everywhere now. Angel A Typical Village Day 2381841692 A Typical Village Day 1865348797

Another thing when we go out walking we come back loaded with stuff - people see us coming and have loads of fruit and veg ready but the time we pass their way and they won't take no thanks you for an answer. I am getting clever now, tell them we can't carry bad back etc - but somehow it still ends up at our place. A Typical Village Day 3998065313 A Typical Village Day 1995268642

[size=200:3crf35xp]Really hope Saturday 28th Rockfest goes well
Anyone for the forum going??????? Sounds brilliant, wish we could be there. I will add it to my facebook g

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: A Typical Village Day   A Typical Village Day Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:56 pm

As you know, the Rockfest went really well and will be even bigger and better next year. We are now definitely on the 'must go' circuit for the Bulgarians. We are off on a day excursion with the village choir ladies on September 20th so will report our experiences in other villages. I think Dryanovo monastery is on the agenda. I did a similar excursion last year and thoroughly enjoyed Etar and Tryavna. Its great going with the Bulgarians and the prices are right!!! A whole day out including transport for 13levs.
Last night we went to our little bar and had a very enjoyable evening with our 'blues Shaman' Evgenii who told us how everyone has been emailing him about our event and sending him pics. It maybe a two day event next year. We were joined by a couple of Brits with a holiday home in the village. They came to the Rockfest last year and this and will help promote next year. Its left me wondering why so few Brits in the VT area attended. There are so many living in and around our village so I would like to hear any comments on the spectacular lack of attendance. It was a wonderful chance to experience both the village and its scenery, plus some excellent music. Even if the music isn't to your taste, its great to be involved and you don't have to stay the full course! Next year maybe. Anyone doing a carboot or book stall would have made a good profit I think although the absence of any Brit stalls certainly didn't spoil the day.
I would love to attend your special day on the 25th Oddball, but we don't have a car and rarely leave our village but have a great day anyway. You do stirling work for the orphanage. s s A Typical Village Day 2581928987
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: A Typical Village Day   A Typical Village Day Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Can anyone else add to this or doesn't anyone else live in a village A Typical Village Day 3356871870
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: A Typical Village Day   A Typical Village Day Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 6:43 pm

My typical village day.

Got invited to brekfast at our friends house g. We had cafe (coffee) and catme (pancakes) with lashings of Strawberry Jam g. Lots of laughter and of course banter between the males. We have pancakes as they are my favourite and our Kalinka makes them just for me ( I am a spoilt brat) After 2 hours we went home. Then I took Voltshaw to the pazzar to get some round up and a part for the climer machine. Basically the machine is a big mincer. After that Jacqui watched a bit of telly and I checked through the forum. I take my moderator bit very seriously. So that took us up to about 3pm. Then talked to our daughter on skype and saw our baby grandson. Now he is a little smasher. Talked about how it is only 3 weeks until her second is due. Mind you she is not at all nervous, but we are.

Pulled up the last of the Beetroot and put them outside for the local farmer to pick up for the cows to eat. We usually go for a walk at this time about 4 ish but not to-day.

Time then to relax and back on here again.

day over. g
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

PostSubject: Re: A Typical Village Day   A Typical Village Day Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:54 pm

Some great stories here but surely its not the same everyday? and do any of you spend time with the locals in their bars or perhaps go for dinner in their house?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: A Typical Village Day   A Typical Village Day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:01 am

therowfamily wrote:
and do any of you spend time with the locals in their bars or perhaps go for dinner in their house?

Yes, and Yes!

We're in Kotel (not far from you) and are the only English there, so if we go out for a drink, then we've got no choice but to mix with the locals.

Our two nearest neighbours are both great people (one drives the Paramedic ambulance, and the other a retired professor) and we've been invited round to both of them for dinner.

We've also had them back round to us for dinner.

It's quite tiring to do three or so hours of solid Bulgarian as neither speak a word of English, but we get by, and we always leave a dictionary to hand in case we get stuck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: A Typical Village Day   A Typical Village Day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:55 am

Agreed Chris.

We have meals in our friends house completely different to the UK. In winter mainly broth type of meals either Chicken or Pork. Summer always a salad starter.

But we live here and we have a normal life as well. Plus we go to the occasional concert, harvest Festival etc.

This place is much like the UK over 50 years ago. Everyone has time for each other H
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Typical Village Day   A Typical Village Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Typical Village Day

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1