Gimp

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Who to " Trust"    Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have a question for those of you who already live in Bulgaria we all know that there are many people out there from all walks of life but at some point we have find people we can trust for various reasons so how do we know who we can trust and does anyone have any experiences of who we shouldn't trust, and I am already aware of willowsends problems so we won't include that in this please
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Trust   Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:21 pm

scott wrote:
tonyb60 wrote:
I think enough said

Maybe this topic has now gone beyond its sell by date.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I disagree with you I think some very important points have been raised in this thread and while I agree with "
Everyone is entitled to their opinion"
I don't see anyone saying otherwise but simply questioning the different ways of deciding on trust which is a major factor when going to live in any country
Back to top Go down
Khan1 AKA julieandjames
BANNED

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:26 pm

Gimp you cannot google a username for obvious reasons, my username is not my real name, but if you know who people really are then that's the opportunity. But do not rely solely on google, or forums, as suggested get to know people face to face, meet them, ask others that know them how they find them, if they are in business speak to former clients if poss.......it has all been said. I have never stated rely solely on google, it is simply a useful tool if you have the info.
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Be nice to see your picture,and maybe your real name and i will put google to the test Khan1

Mike
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:38 pm

This is my point khan1 how can anyone know who your dealing with? on a forum for example there are many people who don't use their real name but offer a service etc and then you will get their clients who also don't have their real name displayed who will come along and say how wonderful they are etc, this is all I'm really asking in this thread and up to now I have to agree the only possible way is to meet them face to face and take a little time to get to know them as stated by Daisy, but all to often a lot of people rely on the net ???
Back to top Go down
Khan1 AKA julieandjames
BANNED

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Well I suppose the point is if you have been living in BG for some years you develop relationships and speak to people, you gain trust and information flows, I understand it is hard for people new to Bulgaria, and many rely on forums for info, unfortunately that info is not always sound, there may be vested interests, i.e. someone wanting to get work for themselves and giving slanted opinions but that happens in all walks of life.

On the other subject..

I am quite happy with no avatar, thanks, I do not see the point of a silly animation and am certainly not posting my own pic. If you don't want members to have a username then stipulate real name when joining, but like many others on forums I protect myself.

Anyway enough said for me we could carry on like this till the cows come home and it will serve no purpose, I have made my views clear enough. I never expected one thread to go on like this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I hope on the next one I dare to comment upon I am given some leeway!!
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:52 pm

For me khan1 I thank you for your input here its been very enlightening and helpful to others I always say that forums are a good place to get the views of others and you have added you view here which is appreciated so thank you
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:53 pm

the net will eventually be everyones source of information and communication, paper will be a thing of the past. whether we like it or not, a lot of trust will be needed with only this tool available to us. rather scary really.

im too old to convert to internet banking, too modern and i do not trust it at all, but this is the way its going. people work from home, send documents via net, communicate by skype, in the end we will never have to leave our homes and maybe even curfews introduced. modernisation or captivation. interesting is it not.
Back to top Go down
Khan1 AKA julieandjames
BANNED

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:00 pm

Thanks Gimp, a final note before I toodle off to bed, lets remember life is full of risks, when you cross the street, fly on a plane, drive to the supermarket, whatever we do risk is involved, just do what you can to keep safe.

If no risk was involved and everything was safe life would be so dull and unfullfilling, well I think it would anyway.
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:45 am

Only a couple of words to add to this Common sense
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:39 pm

BGTRAVELLER wrote:
Only a couple of words to add to this Common sense

Well said
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Some of you will have realised that khan1 is in actual fact julieandjames who has already been banned from this forum and a few others to and now he's been banned again, he thought he had slipped through the net but we've been watching him from day 1

[align=center:17uu3h9g]Khan1 AKA julieandjames[/align:17uu3h9g]
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Have not got a clue who these guys are. But must give them a gold medal in the winding up department.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:57 pm

I thought there was something odd about this one, just shows you even more that you can't really trust the net as he suggested
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:27 pm

ChrisQBG wrote:
Hi Gimp

I do the same in this country as I've done in every other country I've lived in my life.

Once I've met people face to face, then I go on 'gut instinct'. I've found this always works for me and I've rarely been wrong - be this any nationality, creed or colour.

As for 'googling' folks ... whatever happened to chewing the cud over a glass of wine ... face to face?

Hi Gimp

I have to agree with Chris - I too make my own judgements on folk If I get it wrong, well I will live with it and hopefully learn from it. But 9 times out of 10 I am sure I get it right. We are all easy targets to the conman and thats a fact. All I can say to you Gimp is, if something does not feel right, just leave it and move on.

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Goohbur
Junior user
Junior user

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:52 pm

this is a rather interesting topic

If i was to go by what others said about mrs or mr XYZ where I live then I guess there would be actually be very few folks I would chat to, and if I listened to what they told me about myself then I guess I wouldn't even talk to me either.

We only got the internet as we know it in the early 90s, so what did folk do prior with no google yahoo or any other engine??? send out the carrier pigeons to the local postmistress to ask her what she could hear on her switchboard when connecting calls??? no. We formed our own opinions and then you either sank or swam.

as regards a stranged in a strange country. well people have been migratting and emigrating since the earth evolved. I have read many a history book but I didn't see any mention of folks having the eqivolent of a notepad or computer etc to run little searchs and look at photos.................there wasn't even cameras until the 18oos i think.

So what lesson can we learn. ??? well they say always used a tried and tested method for most things.In the early days of man, man could not write...........yes he could draw, but what with no pen and paper etc etc or even spell but one skill man did have and that was the power of speech and boy did he use it.
so this leaves just one conclusion, you only know a person by 2 ways 1 is a very old saying..............if you want to treuly know someone go live with them, and option 2 talk face to face. A liar gets very hard to maintain eye contact and also make funny in obvious gestures.

I would hate to think someone would google me first to decide whether i was SAFE to talk to or not
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who to " Trust"    Who to "
Trust"
 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who to " Trust"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next