Super user
Gimp

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
PostSubject: Who to " Trust"    Who to "
Trust"
 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:22 pm

I have a question for those of you who already live in Bulgaria we all know that there are many people out there from all walks of life but at some point we have find people we can trust for various reasons so how do we know who we can trust and does anyone have any experiences of who we shouldn't trust, and I am already aware of willowsends problems so we won't include that in this please
Back to top Go down
Khan1 AKA julieandjames
BANNED

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
PostSubject: Trust   Who to "
Trust"
 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:57 pm

It is very hard to find out who is trustworthy and who is not, as well as the backgrounds that people have. If you know or are able to find out someones real name the quickest route is to google the name. You would be amazed what some people have been and are up to!!
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
Trust"
 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Khan1 wrote:
It is very hard to find out who is trustworthy and who is not, as well as the backgrounds that people have. If you know or are able to find out someones real name the quickest route is to google the name. You would be amazed what some people have been and are up to!!

That's all well and good but it's not always possible to know who your dealing with which is why I asked the question there are a lot of ex-pats in Bulgaria who are often to afraid to trust anyone but that makes it a very sad place so I was just thinking there must be another way of being able to trust people out there ? after all we all need to trust someone but who and how?
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
Trust"
 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:08 pm

I think that this is a very hard question to answer. We have been caught but the person that caught us is someone that I would trust but not with matters concerning work & money.

My BG friend is someone that I trust. In fact I know for a fact that if I gave him 20nb for something costing 19nb I would get the Leva change. But is this sort of trust that you are asking about
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
Trust"
 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:12 pm

Hi Gimp

I do the same in this country as I've done in every other country I've lived in my life.

Once I've met people face to face, then I go on 'gut instinct'. I've found this always works for me and I've rarely been wrong - be this any nationality, creed or colour.

As for 'googling' folks ... whatever happened to chewing the cud over a glass of wine ... face to face?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
Trust"
 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:17 pm

ChrisQBG wrote:
Hi Gimp

I do the same in this country as I've done in every other country I've lived in my life.

Once I've met people face to face, then I go on 'gut instinct'. I've found this always works for me and I've rarely been wrong - be this any nationality, creed or colour.

As for 'googling' folks ... whatever happened to chewing the cud over a glass of wine ... face to face?

I think Chris that this is a lot more realistic than Goggle a good old sit down face to face and a glass seems to be more sensible
Back to top Go down
Khan1 AKA julieandjames
BANNED

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
Trust"
 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:25 pm

Thing are plenty of people that have perfected the art at conning people and face to face whilst ideal isn't always the best option, some people can be a risk to your health and safety!

It can be better to find out what you need to know using other methods.

Word of mouth and recommendations can be good, the problem is it's very subjective and what one person finds acceptable others do not.

There is no quick answer, unless someone else knows it!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
Trust"
 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Khan1 wrote:
It can be better to find out what you need to know using other methods.

Soooo ... not meeting somebody face to face is a good basis of trust or non-trust of that person?

'Need to know'? What can you need to know about somebody besides looking them in the eyes and asking them directly?

I'm more worried about the 'trust' that 'internet' folk put in people ... making 'friends' and 'enemies' with people they've only 'googled' and have never met in their lives.

Odd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
Trust"
 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Must agree with you Chris

You can also find out over a glass of beer the truth.

One of my bosses once said never trust someone that will not go out for a beer and a chat.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
Trust"
 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:34 pm

Opppps forgot an old saying.

Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer
Back to top Go down
Khan1 AKA julieandjames
BANNED

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
Trust"
 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Of course you can meet people face to face, but just be aware that plenty of people have perfected the art of making you feel comfortable.

As I have already said, speak to others, get recommendations, check out past work, the list can go on and on. Google is an option but just one of many.

:Who to "
Trust"
 1931734156:hip or engaging someone to work for you is a two way street of mutual trust and respect.

How many people here have met people face to face only to be ripped off. The count is endless, base your decision on many factors and not only one.
Back to top Go down
Pavlova
Junior user
Junior user

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
Trust"
 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Trust has to be earned the same as respect.......Never trust anyone initially but give them the benefit of doubt....They have to be able to look you in the eye and speak from the heart and even then you will never really know as some folks are good conners.I, like Chris go with my instinct..its never been wrong yet.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
Trust"
 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:45 pm

Just a simple question khan1 how would you know who to ask if your in a strange country? and again how would you know the person you are asking for advice doesn't have their own agenda?
Back to top Go down
Khan1 AKA julieandjames
BANNED

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
Trust"
 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:46 pm

Pavlova wrote:
Trust has to be earned the same as respect.......Never trust anyone initially but give them the benefit of doubt....They have to be able to look you in the eye and speak from the heart and even then you will never really know as some folks are good conners.I, like Chris go with my instinct..its never been wrong yet.

If you are a good judge of character instinct is good.
Back to top Go down
Khan1 AKA julieandjames
BANNED

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
Trust"
 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:48 pm

Gimp wrote:
Just a simple question khan1 how would you know who to ask if your in a strange country? and again how would you know the person you are asking for advice doesn't have their own agenda?

Quite [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] sometimes you just have to take a risk, just make sure you have assessed that risk using whatever means are available to you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who to "
Trust"
 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who to " Trust"    Who to "
Trust"
 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who to " Trust"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next