altText

crossed the line ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

crossed the line ? Empty
PostSubject: crossed the line ?   crossed the line ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:35 pm

recently returned from a visit to the uk to visit family. while i was there i went to specsavers for eye test and new glasses. really really nice people, very thorough eye checks. one week later went to pick up 2 pairs of glasses, one were sunglasses. really pleased.

the lovely gentleman who fitted my glasses said, we have a special on this week, half price on white sticks.

I was in a good mood and said i would take the dog instead.

on reflection, as i only have vision in one eye i could have taken it the wrong way, or if he says it to someone more sensitive, who knows the outcome.

did he cross the line, the assistants were rather shocked. anyone crossed the line with you ?.
Back to top Go down
Khan1 AKA julieandjames
BANNED

crossed the line ? Empty
PostSubject: crossed the line ?   crossed the line ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:50 pm

I don't think he crossed the line, just had a sense of humour but sadly in the PC world of Britain someone will always take offence at any attempt of humour

It sounded quite funny to me anyway.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

crossed the line ? Empty
PostSubject: crossed the line ?   crossed the line ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:33 pm

The assistant was being a little flippant. But at least he was trying to be friendly. But as Khan1 has said PC Britain and all that. Maybe this guy had just read your body language correctly.

Makes a change for someone to try and be
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

crossed the line ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: crossed the line ?   crossed the line ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

crossed the line ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1