HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Do you care how your business is seen ??????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

Do you care how your business is seen ?????? Empty
PostSubject: Do you care how your business is seen ??????   Do you care how your business is seen ?????? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:38 pm

I've been doing the rounds today on all the Bulgarian forums I am a member of some of which are absolute cr$$p and other OK, but what I noticed was that there seemed to be the same people/companies advertising their business on all of them which then got me to thinking why? I mean some of these forums are total rubbish and I don't need to mention one in particular ? full of banned members from other forums, don't these people who are in business care about how they are seen from these forums or do they think that "
I will adversities no matter how cr$$p the forum is"
I only see this as them being as desperate as some of these rubbish forums, and lets be honest you will always associate rubbish with rubbish, anyway that's it for me, I wonder what your thoughts are ? if your a business does it matter where you place your links/adds or don't you care ? how you're perceived ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and lets hear from those of you that maybe looking for a company for whatever reason? does it matter to you if you find them on a dodgy forum/site ? over to you
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Do you care how your business is seen ??????   Do you care how your business is seen ?????? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:01 pm

Publicity is publicity

They don't care where they advertise all thier after is your money [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Even people banned on other sites spend money.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Do you care how your business is seen ??????   Do you care how your business is seen ?????? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:10 pm

I think your right when you say publicity is publicity but I would say if I found a company advertising on some forum or site that was shall we say questionable I would think very carefully before I used them in f act I wouldn't use them at all because I would assume rightly or wrongly that they weren’t up to much either thats as a possible customer
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Do you care how your business is seen ??????   Do you care how your business is seen ?????? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:36 pm

I once had a boss who used to say its better to be known rather than unknown

People tend to remember the name rather than where they had seen it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I love the flower on your avator as well very clever.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Do you care how your business is seen ??????   Do you care how your business is seen ?????? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:51 pm

This is an interesting thread and the question therein it's a difficult one this because the person who is advertising may not be aware of the fact that the site or forum is a bad one and yes I understand that any reputable company would always check out the site before they place their name to it its a bit like the devil and the deep blue see ? for me personally I think if I knew that the site in question was not to be trusted then I am more than likely not going to trust anything thats on the site I wouldn't pick and choose I don't think in this day and age you can afford to make to many mistakes so I would rather be safe than sorry
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Do you care how your business is seen ??????   Do you care how your business is seen ?????? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Good topic Scott,i run my JCB mini digger business,and i am on a lot of forums,i do have one also on the other site,but in the last week i have not been able to log in,so even if i wanted to i could not take it off,but in all honesty all advertising is good,and i seem to get my fair share of work,most is by recommendation but also some off the forums,i am sure if my work was not up to scratch people would soon get to know through forums,good or bad

Mike
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Do you care how your business is seen ??????   Do you care how your business is seen ?????? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Yes mickhev your right word of mouth is always the best way but I can't agree with the fact that any advertising is good? I think being associated with something bad isn't the way to advertise your company or give a prospective customer any confidence
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Do you care how your business is seen ??????   Do you care how your business is seen ?????? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:57 am

Gimp wrote:
Yes mickhev your right word of mouth is always the best way but I can't agree with the fact that any advertising is good? I think being associated with something bad isn't the way to advertise your company or give a prospective customer any confidence

Couldn't agree with you more Gimp I think if you advertise on a suspect site it would put you off I think any association with something that isn't good can only damage your business, I was on a site yesterday and noticed they had stuff on there from AngloInfo which I have always respected but having now see that there is some sort of affiliation I now look at AngloInfo in a much different light
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Do you care how your business is seen ??????   Do you care how your business is seen ?????? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:26 pm

A very interesting topic. YES advertising is a necessary evil. Can you imagine how ebay would survive without advertising.
Advertising is weapon from the armoury to create business and in most cases fair competition
Why do companies like Tesco's, Sainsbury's Morrisons and Waitrose advertise, because they all want a slice of the cake, and they care how their business is seen
Why do companies advertise on football shirts, F1 racing cars etc, because they are seen world wide and talking of football shirts
Why do companies advertise around the football pitch like Old Trafford, because 75,000 people are in there and they are a captive audience
Sponsorship is another tool for advertising, a classic example is above with T.B.H Building Services who are donating money to the Silistra Orphanage in return for their advert
Advertising should be easy to understand. It is a know fact that a lot of text will not sell your product or services. People will read and take in pictures more than they will text, and of course pricing has a big bearing on what you sell and how you sell it, ie:- cut pricing, buy one get one free etc.
I see in today's daily paper an advert for B & Q, a whole page, ten items all related to the Spring and gardening, hardly any text just pictures and prices, and of course their slogan, You can do it if you B & Q it
On a personal note, I am a photoghapher and a member of The Master Photographer's Association. I have to pass exams and reach a certain standard to advertise through them, but it gives me creditability and the assurance that anybody booking me has the satifaction of knowing that I am backed by a National Organisation. All my bookings come through them or word of mouth
Yellow Pages, a waste of time and money
Bringing the topic closer to home. If we have holiday let's in say France, Spain, Bulgaria etc what hope do we have of letting them without the facility of advertising. Sow the seed and reap the benefits
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Do you care how your business is seen ??????   Do you care how your business is seen ?????? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:32 pm

That's a good reply there willowsend and I agree with what you saying in part, but the question is good advertising with a reputable company/agent/site or doesn't it matter? I believe that if you advertise with a S**T agent/site then you are more than likely going to be tarred with the same brush
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Do you care how your business is seen ??????   Do you care how your business is seen ?????? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:11 pm

For those of you that can remember,ratner the jewlerers,said his gold that he sold in his shop was crap hollow gold,but he went on to make millions,bad advertising,i don't think such a thing exists

Mike
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Do you care how your business is seen ??????   Do you care how your business is seen ?????? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:26 am

Your right Mike there is no such thing as a bad advert. As after all the noise has calmed down people will remember a name not an act. How many times have you heard someone say"
yes I've heard of him or her"
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Do you care how your business is seen ??????   Do you care how your business is seen ?????? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:21 pm

I agree with some of what's said here but to be honest I don't agree with the fact that all publicity is good for business you only have to look at the big companies that sponsor certain stars and as soon as they do something wrong and its in the media the sponsor drops them like a hot cake so when you think about it? no not all advertising is good for business some of it can do more harm than good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you care how your business is seen ??????   Do you care how your business is seen ?????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you care how your business is seen ??????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1