Continuing Care for expats

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Continuing Care for expats Empty
PostSubject: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:15 pm

NHS Paid in the pot all my working life. Come here to live for a few years and everything stops. Our fault we were honest and told the authorities where we are. I'm afraid that one of the reasons that we came here in the first place is that the UK is a place where age is a factor.

If you are over 50 don't think you will get the Rolls Royce treatment that you expect. You get answers like "
what do you expect at your age'
and' You've ticked all the boxes, well done, pop another pill love' Of course we still pay income tax to pay for all the lazy ba*****s that don't work and the scroungers. How many people are living over here and claim for things that they are not entitled to? We know a chap who gets disability allowance [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Disabled I think not supposed to be poor at walking yet lives up a mountain where you sometimes have to WALK up to the house as the car won't make it, and its a 4x4 as well. Then there's the people that arrive in the UK and demand houses etc etc. Get help straight away don't they, yet we are told that if we return to the UK we will have to wait 18 months before we are entitled to NHS care again. Angry, too true I'm angry. But they are still taking my money off me in tax [b]
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:06 pm

"
"
Angry, too true I'm angry. But they are still taking my money off me in tax "
"

same here..makes one feel like its does not pay to be honest....
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 8:11 am

Totally agree with you Tony,i still pay tax in England,its a joke,and you are right i know people that are claiming benifits from England and family allowance,it should be stopped,but i think its only a matter of time before they are caught,and i hope they have to pay it all back

Mike [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 8:21 am

I hope they get caught as well Mike [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In fact these people can count themselves lucky as I have never grassed anyone up in my life. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:14 am

You appear to be a person of strong character willowsend. But you must understand that the NHS does more than dole out money to care homes and people with Alzheimer's disease and dementia. The NHS is a department which is being abused by many people not just from here in BG but from many many people in the UK. It is us the honest ones that have to foot the bill. I object strongly to being called a Whinger or to be called a Whinging Pom as it was you that started whinging about the NHS in the first place. If you want your topic discussed as in Alzheimer's disease and dementia then make your title befitting your cause. The title NHS Continuing Care is a subject which is more inclined to a more open debate.

Rant over.

No its not. If it is not for the likes of me Mike and the rest of us tax paying Brits then there would be no NHS. Plus who would pay for Alzheimer's disease and dementia then.

Rant over.

Now get Ashley to delete it and change its title.
Back to top Go down
Pavlova
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:43 am

Tony Im sure its 3mnths not 18 before you are allowed free nhs care again if repatriated to UK but il check....You would be covered for immediate and necessary treatment straight away on entering the UK.You just need to obtain the Bulgarian version of EHIC from the social security office
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:00 am

Hi Pavlova. We were told by the NHS that it is 18 months. Plus the EHIC is now issued from your home Country as per the letter that we have received, form filled and sent back.

I am usually very laid back about life. But this is one topic that riles me up. We are British citizens yet we are treated less fairly than an immigrant by our own people. Yes willowsend has a point about our rights and I am pleased that there was money paid back. But people in general must realise that the NHS is not a free service. Some of us have paid a lot of money into it over the years, and because we choose to live in another European state we loose our benefits. It wasn't us that decided to join the EU it was the government of the day. But we are in it and NHS Continuing Care applies here as well as in the UK in my opinion.

After all said and done I paid my wack

By the way its not 'free nhs care' I and many others have paid for it already.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:37 am

Please let me know if you wish me to change the title of this topic (sensible suggestions only)?

As for locking/deleting it, then I don't think so at the moment, this is a good discussion about the NHS and has raised points I personally was not aware of (but then I've not been resident in the UK for about 18 years).

You having a rant Tony?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:42 am

I will add to this later I need to clarify a few things first
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:11 pm

Yes Chris I can get out of my pram. Probably the first time since I retired [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I do not think the title needs changing as all the points raised are about the Continuing Care in the NHS. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:28 pm

I think we need some clarification here about the title "
NHS Continuing Care "
Some of the details can be found [url=http:
//www.
dh.
gov.
uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_076288:3rbii8xs]HERE[/url:3rbii8xs] as you can see this is a department of the NHS,having spoken to willowsend to get more clarification this thread he told me he created in order to try and help others who may find themselves in the same or similar situation which is why he highlighted the case of his uncle, to perhaps give you all some understanding of what it was he is saying, his uncle's case can be found [url=http:
//www.
hughjames.
com/news_centre/news_library/2010/march/war_vet_recovers_nursing_fees.
aspx:3rbii8xs]HERE[/url:3rbii8xs] I can see how this topic has gone astray if you wasn't aware of the fact that NHS Continuing Care is a department of the NHS but I do feel after looking at the information that what most of you are talking about and what the OP was saying is totally two different subjects, now it would be difficult for me to just remove certain posts here but if any of you feel that I should open a new topic for you and move them I will, I do also believe that what you have had to say here is important and will turn in to a very good discussion which is why I don't want to just delete it, I also feel that the OP's thread offers very valuable in information which I too have to say I wasn't aware of.

Last edited by 2 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:52 pm

After reading your links , I agree Ashley ,that we are talking about two different topics
I for one did not realise that "
NHS Continuing Care "
was a department of the NHS.... I do think that nothing written above should be lost ... so it makes sense to split the Topic
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:23 pm

As it was me that took this subject May I politely point out the opening line

'This posting is aimed at letting people know their legal rights regarding the NHS's obligations to Continuing Care'

This opening line is misleading and I like others were un-aware that there is a department in the NHS with this title. The information being aired however is too valuable to lose.
Back to top Go down
Pavlova
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Ashley I think you should split the topic...I understand what willowsend means.He means continuing care ie nursing home care...We are talking about general care in the nhs..

Tony as you are resident in Bulgaria you are entitled to apply for a Bulgarian ehic for use when you travel......

Im still investigating repatriation conditions
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Cheers me dear. Will be nice to know

But at the mo we have no intention what's so ever in going back. In fact I've picked out my spot in a plot down the road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Care for expats   Continuing Care for expats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Continuing Care for expats

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next