All confused!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi everyone

I am utterly, totally confused

Our trip is now booked for week of 21st March so not long.

We have spent hours and hours and hours reading and researching the various areas of Bulgaria, the properties available, the weather in the different areas etc etc [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We are only looking on this trip but it could get expensive with the charges made by the REA's to do viewings (mileage etc).

I need to do some serious narrowing down of the properties I've saved on the computer.

Where to start? Oh help

How can you tell if a village is friendly? If there is a crime problem?

I mean the REA's aren't going to tell you the bad stuff when they show you round are they?

Really, I know it's a personal thing, just want some kind words from all you people who have made a good choice to support and give us strength to persevere

Judy
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi Judy that a very difficult question to answer, but I will try and help? Firstly depending on your REA they may or may not be honest with you there are good and bad? so it depends how you found them and were they well recommended? the other thing you could do is to look round the village of your choice/s and see what you think for yourself, also try and find out if there are other expats in the village or close by who can give you local advice, you will hear all sorts of stories from different people about the same village so I don't believe you will get a true idea from anyone? you will those who say steer clear of villages that have a high population of Gypsies and those who are more than happy to live with them, for me I had a very good REA who was totally honest and I listened to what was said but I also learnt a lot from just looking round the village, the property I bought was on the edge of the village and I have great neighbours I'm sorry I can't help anymore but I'm sure others will come along and help/advise but don't get pushed into anything take your time and if you want to go back to the property several times then do so, and do as much research as you can.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:53 pm

Thanks Netsniperthefirst for your comments.

I nearly started WW3 on here when I asked for recommended REA's, and all the websites look professional to me ie lots of photos, contact details, promises of honest help etc etc.

It's such a minefield. I guess we'll get a "
feel"
for a place and REA when we are actually in the country looking at properties.
I'll sen you a pm so that you can advise me who you used, I don't want to be responsible for another war!

Judy
Back to top Go down
Pavlova
Junior user
Junior user

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Judy when you get here you will know if the houses are suitable straight away.We live Veliko Turnovo area and I have good knowledge of most villages.If you are looking this way give me a pm and Il try to help.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:14 pm

I can't rally add anything here I think the advice given by Netsniperthefirst is about right it's all about research and try to get a wide opinion rather than the view from one
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:16 pm

Replied to your Pm and good luck with your search
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
oddball
oddball

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi Judy just a thought Chris (on here) has a fantastic house for sale would be worth checking it out. I can't post the link as I am having computer problems but sure Admin or Chris himself will do that.

Best of luck to you both

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:21 pm

oddball wrote:

Hi Judy just a thought Chris (on here) has a fantastic house for sale would be worth checking it out. I can't post the link as I am having computer problems but sure Admin or Chris himself will do that.

Best of luck to you both

Oddy

It's [url=http:
//www.
mybulgariaportal.
com/property-for-sale-rentals-f23/house-national-monument-of-culture-for-sale-kotel-t1144.
htm:dstfrfka]HERE[/url:dstfrfka]
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
hev
Junior user
Junior user

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:22 am

Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy it and if we can help please ask

Hev

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:33 am

Welcome to the forum

Mike [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:29 am

Hi Judybaby

Prior to your visit, make sure you have a very 'strict' list of requirements (size of house, condition, size of garden, etc.) and also the type of location (village, village with shops, small town with facilities, etc.).

Also, anything else that may be important to you (availability of decent internet connection, etc.).

Make it abundantly clear to the REA's that if they try and show you anything that doesn't meet your requirements, then they are wasting their time and yours.

If you do see something you like, then you can always go back and check out the village / town yourself afterwards. Have a walk around, try and see the 'areas' that the REA didn't take you to, grab a coffee in the local cafe if they have one.

Whatever happens do not feel pressured that you 'have to sign a preliminary contract' until you are 100% ready and convinced!

Thanks Oddy and Ashley for mentioning our house ... even if it's not for you Judybaby, I can highly recommend Kotel.

Surrounded by amazing mountains, all facilities (shops, bars, restaurants, hospital, schools, post office, police station, chemists, cash points) with a twice-weekly open air market.

Broadband internet available as is 72-channel Cable Television.

Good luck with your search and keep us posted!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
hev
Junior user
Junior user

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:41 am

Hi Judybaby

Chris is right in what he says do look around the village/town on your own, and check these things out go a couple of times before you say yes to anything, I live in a village in Yambol and I visited it 5 times in a week before I said yes, and I had 4 very good coffees in the local cafe.

Be sure it what you want

Good luck

Hev
Back to top Go down
carriemc
Junior user
Junior user

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:57 am

Just to really confuse the issue - I too had a short list of properties that I wanted to see before I went out to Bg on my first buying trip.

However, the house I eventually bought was not on the short list, really met little of the criteria that I thought I wanted but I really loved it as soon as I saw it!

Have never regretted the decision to buy althought the renovation road got a bit 'bumpy'!

Enjoy your trip. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to find that perfect place!

Caroline
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:01 pm

I know how you feel I remember when we bought our property is was so daunting and we seemed to have offers from all over the place and to try and sift the good from the bad was a another nightmare but I can't really add anything here I think all the advice above is all good and I'm afraid when it comes down to it it's your decision but if you follow what’s been said above I'm sure all will end well for you
Back to top Go down
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:20 pm

Thanks everyone

Brian and I will take your advice and keep our wallet firmly shut until such time as we are confident we have chosen wisely.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

All confused! Empty
PostSubject: Re: All confused!   All confused! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All confused!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next