Dumping of Rubbish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Darrell
Junior user
Junior user

Dumping of Rubbish - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 4:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello All

I just wanted to see if other people in other areas are experiencing the same problem that I am now encountering in my village.

Some of the locals seem hell bent on just dumping rubbish where ever they can as long as its not outside their house, we have a large ravine that runs through our village and most if not all the houses sit on or around it, it has become the ideal dumping ground for anything that does not go in the bin.

Its really frustrating and it is really starting to annoy me, our local Mayor has tried to stop this, and even got some of it cleaned up, but yet the next day small piles appear again, its a shame as the drive and the walk around the village is nice, but now we have a problem as some of this rubbish is going to be there for a very long time. as its plastic and metal.

We can speak some Bulgarian, but unfortunately not well enough to speak fluent to the Mayor, so we are going to speak to him through our Bulgarian teacher.

This really is a shame, and despite there being Recycling bins and some big wheelie bins people just seem to ignore them, if we can not get a satisfactory answer to any long term clean up plan then I really am considering moving and that I dont want to do after all our hard work, is this a problem in other villages.

We really do have a nice village, people are friendly and helpful and I know some of these villages are not for everyone but we like it and dont want to move so has anyone been in this situation and done something about, if you have then please get back to me, because apart from getting down there with a rake and 100 bin bags I am at my wits end.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:41 am

I see what your saying Tony you are being specific about Supermarket bags but the article is talking about bags in general which I think is what Carmen is saying and I to see that there are plenty of bags being blown about maybe some from supermarkets? but mostly I would say they were the free bags given in small shops and markets either way its a problem that needs to be addressed and quickly and not just in Bulgaria although in the UK they are slowly getting rid of them g
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:28 pm

I know that most of the supermarkets charge for the bags so the Bulgarians won't be throwing them around but where do they all come from I see that Tony doesn't have such a problem but believe me there are plenty around when the wind is blowing and if you look at some of the tips in the villages you will know what I mean Dumping of Rubbish - Page 4 3356871870
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Has anyone noticed any decrease in the amount of rubbish you see in the piles in Villages? I only ask because I have it seems that since we have bins now the villagers are actually using them Dumping of Rubbish - Page 4 3135333095
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Spot on bigsavac the locals do use the bins. But as they are only emptied every 2 weeks or so they get over full. Does anyone have the little old lady or gent that goes through the bins looking for tins and plastic. Caught our one and she was not to impressed when I told her to put everything that she took out back in again. Dumping of Rubbish - Page 4 1865348797 Now when she sees me she carefully puts all the rubbish back Dumping of Rubbish - Page 4 1865348797

We also time how long it takes for anything of comparative value to go. Like an old TV lasted 10 minutes, printer less than 2 in fact they were asking for us to pick it up and put it on the cart, er no.

But much better than it was before.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:32 pm

It must depend very much where people live in Bulgaria. In our village there is no rubbish flying around and bins are regularly emptied. Other villages in our area on the way to VT are also rubbish free and always have been. This is the first time I have responded to this topic for this reason. Now all plastic bags have to be paid for both in the village shop and at my supermarket in VT which will help even more in the anti-rubbish campaign so well-done to Bulgaria. g
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:11 pm

[size=55:4qvyy2xj]novinite
Bulgaria Hikes Plastic Bags Price

The price of plastic bags in Bulgaria is going up significantly, effective October 1 2012.

Only multiple-use plastic bags will be exempt from the so-called eco tax to be paid by manufacturers. All other plastic bags will cost anywhere between BGN 0.5 and BGN 1 over increased expenses for their production, including the eco tax.

The tax exemption for the multiple-use bags is the result of negotiations between manufactures and the Ministers of Finance and of Environment and Waters, Simeon Djankov and Nona Karadzhova.

The agreement was reached Saturday on the heels of protests of the companies making plastic bags and warnings the move will lead to the layoff of anywhere between 3 000 and 6 000 workers. Despite the agreement, people from the business still alert that the changes in the requirements will end up being detrimental for a number of companies over the lack of equipment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumping of Rubbish

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4