Dumping of Rubbish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Darrell
Junior user
Junior user

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Hello All

I just wanted to see if other people in other areas are experiencing the same problem that I am now encountering in my village.

Some of the locals seem hell bent on just dumping rubbish where ever they can as long as its not outside their house, we have a large ravine that runs through our village and most if not all the houses sit on or around it, it has become the ideal dumping ground for anything that does not go in the bin.

Its really frustrating and it is really starting to annoy me, our local Mayor has tried to stop this, and even got some of it cleaned up, but yet the next day small piles appear again, its a shame as the drive and the walk around the village is nice, but now we have a problem as some of this rubbish is going to be there for a very long time. as its plastic and metal.

We can speak some Bulgarian, but unfortunately not well enough to speak fluent to the Mayor, so we are going to speak to him through our Bulgarian teacher.

This really is a shame, and despite there being Recycling bins and some big wheelie bins people just seem to ignore them, if we can not get a satisfactory answer to any long term clean up plan then I really am considering moving and that I dont want to do after all our hard work, is this a problem in other villages.

We really do have a nice village, people are friendly and helpful and I know some of these villages are not for everyone but we like it and dont want to move so has anyone been in this situation and done something about, if you have then please get back to me, because apart from getting down there with a rake and 100 bin bags I am at my wits end.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Hi Darrell,

This rubbish dumping seems to be a perennial problem in so many places in Bulgaria and it doesn't seem that much can be done about it, unfortunately. We live on a track about 200 metres from the main road in Balchik. One of our neighbours (about six houses away, nearer the main road) constantly dumps the contents of the vacuum cleaner and other debris right in the middle of this track, virtually in front of her house and everyone has to drive through it. When you actually start dumping rubbish on your own doorstep, what can the solution be?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
miss happy
Senior user
Senior user

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:36 pm

we have the same thing here,and in most other villages we have past through. Some you think the village looks clean, but when you look in the side roads, or a ditch its another story. Each village was given a place were they were aloud to take their rubbish but last year it was stopped, the place was cleared and the people then told to stop taking it there. So now its put any were as long as its not on their land. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ive not been of any help only to say you are not alone. we also lack bins in this village as well !!!!
Back to top Go down
hev
Junior user
Junior user

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:54 pm

well considering our village has about 2000 people in it it is fairly tidy our Mayor is very observent and will tell you not to put it in the wrong place and he will make you move it to the correct place, so we dont really have a problem it is all down to the Mayor and his watchfull eye, the other thing he does is he sends a tractor to the tip area to level it off every week and it make less of a eyesore for the village so we are lucky really

Hev

Last edited by 235 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:14 pm

This is a subject that really gripes our s**t, we have waited 3 years to get a bin ,as much as we asked for one, but were told coming to our village to pick up one bin was not worth there while.Now we recieve everybody elses rubbish,within are municipal (18 villages)and they all get dumped just over the hill in our village,can you imagine the lovely smell floating around in the summer,we say to our neighbours as the rubbish truck goes sailing through our village leaving a stench behind it about the rubbish,they just shrug there shoulders,i think because it goes out of sight out of mind it does,nt worry them. There again in the bins we have recieved only in the last month,we find them full of manure,so do these people know what these big greythings on wheels are actually for?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 6:12 am

We're quite lucky here. Not only are there large 'communal' bins but every house has a bin. We even have weekly binmen.

The town is also kept extremely tidy by Bulgarian standards.

However, take a short drive down to the next village of Gradetz and it's a real eyesore ... seems like everyone just goes to the edge of the village and dumps their rubbish.

The entire river valley is covered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:38 am

Having visited Bulgaria over many years I'm not so sure it will ever change its always been like it and I do believe the Bulgarian considers it the norm to dump rubbish wherever they can its not really their fault but the governments for not providing basic bins and collection service from the start even when I was a lad here in the uk we had bins and bin men
Back to top Go down
junenan
Junior user
Junior user

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:56 pm

until you can change the attitude of the average bulgarians NOTHING will change if I was to put into words what I really think of the bulgarians and there attitude to work enviroment animals etc it would be unprintable ;
;
rubish what rubish
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:26 pm

[size=75:288nmeq6]Sofia echo 19 March 2010

Eurostat: Danes create the most rubbish in Europe, Czechs the least

According to the latest statistics from Eurostat, the average municipal waste generated by each person during 2008 in the European Union was 524 kg. Of this, 40 per cent was land-filled, 20 per cent incinerated, 23 per cent recycled and 17 per cent composted.

Those figures indicate that the amount of waste generated in the European Union remained virtually the same from 2007, when the estimated average was 525 kg a head.

According to the report on Bulgaria, 467 kg of waste was generated by each person. Of this, 100 kg was buried, or land-filled. But under the slots "
incinerated"
, "
recycled"
and "
composted"
, Bulgaria scored zero, which does not explain what happened to the remaining 367 kg of waste generated by each person over the course of a year. Presumably, they are being stored somewhere in a large smelly pit for the benefit of posterity.

The report says that in countries like Denmark, Ireland, Cyprus and Luxembourg, more than 700 kg of municipal waste per person was generated in 2008, in the case of Denmark, 802, the highest. They are followed by Malta, the Netherlands and Austria, all with values between 600 and 700 kg per person and then Germany, Estonia, Spain, France, Italy, Finland, Sweden and the United Kingdom, all with between 500 and 600 kg.

Bulgaria's southern neighbour Greece, generated 453 kg of waste, of which 77 kg was landfilled, 21 recycled and two composted. Romanians, on the other hand, were considerably "
cleaner"
with only 382 kg of waste generated, 99 kg of which was landfilled, and have recycled one kg.

Denmark has incinerated the most, 54 kg a person, Germany has recycled the most, 48 kg a person, while Austria has composted the most, 40 kg a person.
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:21 pm

I have been all around the world and believe me Bulgarian people know how to recycle,they waste nothing
Big plus for Bulgarian people

Mike
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:54 pm

mickhev wrote:
I have been all around the world and believe me Bulgarian people know how to recycle,they waste nothing
Big plus for Bulgarian people

Mike

Agree with you there Mike - nothing what so ever gets wasted.

oddy
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:25 pm

yes your both roght and thats how it was in the uk many years ago but how long will it be before Bulgaria adopt the habits of the rest of Europe and creat a load of waste and just leave it for others
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 5:00 pm

[size=75:2qggbzzc]novinite 21 March 2010

Bulgaria Stands out in European Rubbish Statistics

Bulgaria is the only European Union country, which sends all of the garbage that it churns out to the landfill, according to official Eurostat figures on municipal waste and the way Europeans deal with the trash.

The Europeans who produce the most rubbish are the Danes, the Cypriots and the Irish, according to the figures.

While rubbish for the average Dane tipped the scales at more than 800 kilos, the Czechs were the least rubbishy, producing a comparatively abstemious 300 kilos or so. The overall EU average was about half a tonne.

The treatment methods differ substantially from one country to another: landfill, incineration and recycling. Eurostat says 40% of the stuff is recycled or incinerated.

Romania, Malta, Lithuania and Latvia follow closely Bulgaria and form a group of countries, where less than 10% of waste was recycled.

Austria shows up the most environmentally responsible (70% of its waste is recycled or composted). The Danes may produce the most but they also burn the most — more than half. The Czechs send over 80 percent of their 306 kilos of municipal waste each to landfill sites, only recycling two percent, and composting the same.

Germany, Sweden and Belgium recycle the most.
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 7:33 pm

I didn't realise that Bulgaria sent their rubbish anywhere I thought it was all just dumped at the end of a village somewhere?
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:46 am

If only we could download the pictures from over the hill in our village!! v We see the brand new waste truck going over the horizon about 3 times a week and what a lovely smell there is going to be when the weather turns warmer,that and packs of hungry dogs!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dumping of Rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumping of Rubbish

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next