Dumping of Rubbish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Darrell
Junior user
Junior user

Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 4:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello All

I just wanted to see if other people in other areas are experiencing the same problem that I am now encountering in my village.

Some of the locals seem hell bent on just dumping rubbish where ever they can as long as its not outside their house, we have a large ravine that runs through our village and most if not all the houses sit on or around it, it has become the ideal dumping ground for anything that does not go in the bin.

Its really frustrating and it is really starting to annoy me, our local Mayor has tried to stop this, and even got some of it cleaned up, but yet the next day small piles appear again, its a shame as the drive and the walk around the village is nice, but now we have a problem as some of this rubbish is going to be there for a very long time. as its plastic and metal.

We can speak some Bulgarian, but unfortunately not well enough to speak fluent to the Mayor, so we are going to speak to him through our Bulgarian teacher.

This really is a shame, and despite there being Recycling bins and some big wheelie bins people just seem to ignore them, if we can not get a satisfactory answer to any long term clean up plan then I really am considering moving and that I dont want to do after all our hard work, is this a problem in other villages.

We really do have a nice village, people are friendly and helpful and I know some of these villages are not for everyone but we like it and dont want to move so has anyone been in this situation and done something about, if you have then please get back to me, because apart from getting down there with a rake and 100 bin bags I am at my wits end.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:40 pm

Hi Lou you can upload picture on here from photo bucket or you can email them to Ashley and he will put them on here for you if you want
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Ok i will have a go uploading them
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:28 pm

Go Lou you know you want to and I for one want to see them pretty please
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:39 pm

Sent them to Ash, its in his hands if he got them!! If not send us your email and we will send the piccys to you!!
Back to top Go down
raveydaveygravey
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:07 pm

nu2bg wrote:
I didn't realise that Bulgaria sent their rubbish anywhere I thought it was all just dumped at the end of a village somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:09 pm

I still haven't got your pics Lou maybe they are to big try sending me 1 at a time
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Loupylou wrote:
If only we could download the pictures from over the hill in our village!! v We see the brand new waste truck going over the horizon about 3 times a week and what a lovely smell there is going to be when the weather turns warmer,that and packs of hungry dogs!!

And here it is posted on behalf of Loupylou

[url=http:
//s377.
photobucket.
com/albums/oo217/minisniperthefirst/Misc/?action=view¤t=Image095.
jpg:25rjs46x][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url:25rjs46x]
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:11 pm

That is the tip of the iceberg,further down it is even worse,the only reason it is here is because of the snow!!
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:21 pm

What a lovely site that is surely they will stop this as time goes by I'm sure they are under some sort of time span to stop this?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:16 am

[size=75:322t4p92]Sofia echo 14 APRIL 2010

European Commission to sue Bulgaria for Sofia waste

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The European Commission would "
in the nearest future"
initiate legal proceedings against Bulgaria in the European Union's Court of Justice over the lack of an operational waste processing installation in Sofia, Environment Minister Nona Karadjova said.

Karadjova met with European Commissioner for the environment Janez Potocnik, who reportedly said that the decision had been made and the case would be taken to court.

Karadjova told reporters that Sofia would try to convince the court it has taken all possible measures to resolve the matter.

Sofia city council was yet to pick a company to build the capital city’s waste treatment facilities and a landfill. The deadline to rank the bidders in the public tender to construct the waste processing and composting projects expires in May. The projects were six months behind schedule.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:12 am

We have just got rubbish bins in our village. Which will be emptied every other week. Where it will be taken to god only knows. But maybe it will create one big waste problem rather than having a waste problem in every village in the Tunja region. If this is progress then its a good beginning.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:06 am

tonyb60 wrote:
We have just got rubbish bins in our village. Which will be emptied every other week. Where it will be taken to god only knows. But maybe it will create one big waste problem rather than having a waste problem in every village in the Tunja region. If this is progress then its a good beginning.

But that's the big question I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting from past history it seem that Bulgaria are very very slow to take on change
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Has this situation with the rubbish got any better or is it still just dumped in the village somewhere?
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:57 am

From what I can gather it depends where you live but overall the situation hasn't changed much the villages still have their own rubbish tips somewhere in the village, I think it will take sometime before we see a universal change in Bulgaria s
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Just wondered if this rubbish dumping is still going on in BG g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumping of Rubbish   Dumping of Rubbish - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumping of Rubbish

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next