EU Rules Force Bulgaria Battery Sellers to Recycle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

EU Rules Force Bulgaria Battery Sellers to Recycle Empty
PostSubject: EU Rules Force Bulgaria Battery Sellers to Recycle   EU Rules Force Bulgaria Battery Sellers to Recycle Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:34 pm

[size=75:ox01o7w5]novinite 1 February 2010

New EU rules have come into force that require some Bulgarian stores selling batteries to provide in-store recycling bins.

Any Bulgarian shop selling more than 32 kg of batteries a year - equivalent to one pack of four AA batteries a day - must comply to the new directive as part of targets on cutting landfill.

Battery maker Varta warned that a lack of awareness among consumers could hamper the scheme's success, the BBC reported.

Most batteries currently end up in landfill sites, where they can leak toxic chemicals into the soil. The EU Batteries Directive aims to tackle that problem and cut carbon emissions by reducing the need for new batteries to be made from scratch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
mickhev
Super user
Super user

EU Rules Force Bulgaria Battery Sellers to Recycle Empty
PostSubject: EU Rules Force Bulgaria Battery Sellers to Recycle   EU Rules Force Bulgaria Battery Sellers to Recycle Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:07 pm

I had a little chuckle to myself at this,the EU telling Bulgarians how to recycle i cant believe how much the villagers in my vilage recycle they have taught me a few things,i know the local tips need sorting but they have started to do something about this,my friend that lives near to Karnobat now have a recycling centre and no village tips so its a good start.

Mike
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1