Flat Battery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
snail
Senior user
Senior user

Flat Battery Empty
PostSubject: Flat Battery   Flat Battery Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:31 pm

l seem to be having a lot of problems with my car battery.lt goes flat in a matter of 2 days in this cold weather.
Questions
1/how can l stop this from happening and what is the true cause of this happening
2/ls there any way for me to charge the battery up from the electrical house sockets.
3/l heard there are those solar panel gadgets you plug in the cars light socket to charge the battery up.Where do l get one and how much does it cost.
l am in the Elhovo area
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Flat Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Battery   Flat Battery Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi snail

I'm afraid if your battery isn't even lasting two days, it can only be one of 2 things:

1. Battery is dead (replace with a new one)

2. Something on the car is draining the battery when idle (have to get drain on battery checked, in my case, it was my alarm)

Sorry I can't be more positive (excuse the weak pun!)

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

Flat Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Battery   Flat Battery Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Chris wrote:
Hi snail

I'm afraid if your battery isn't even lasting two days, it can only be one of 2 things:

1. Battery is dead (replace with a new one)

2. Something on the car is draining the battery when idle (have to get drain on battery checked, in my case, it was my alarm)

Sorry I can't be more positive (excuse the weak pun!)

Cheers

I can only agree with what Chris has said. Before you spend too much get is checked out for anything that is draining the battery or a short even? is it petrol or Diesel?
Back to top Go down
snail
Senior user
Senior user

Flat Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Battery   Flat Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:17 am

lt is petrol and a automatic.Which cannot be bumped.
lf l find l do need a new battery.How much are they.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Flat Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Battery   Flat Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 am

Have a look at these links it should give you an idea. g

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 6dflid%3D3

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ln=en

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... Findex.php
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Chris
Chris

Flat Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Battery   Flat Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:35 am

When I replaced the battery on the Pajero, I bought it from the local car spares shop in town. It cost me 120 leva and was there and fitted the next day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Flat Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Battery   Flat Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:51 am

You need to have your electrical system checked by an auto electrician. I suspect that your alternator may be faulty or you may just have a old dud battery. If it is something that is draining the stored energy then that needs looking at by an expert. But I doubt that, that is the problem more like that your battery is just finished.

There is an auto Electrician in Veselinovo which is near Yambol.

If you want a new battery you can buy one for a reasonable price in 2 shops near the market in Yambol, that is the market near Kaufland and the shops are near by the Blood checking place.
Back to top Go down
snail
Senior user
Senior user

Flat Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Battery   Flat Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:54 am

Thanks Guy's.l think l have enough info to know what to do now.But l was hoping it would have been a minor problem without the added burden of forking out money to buy a battery.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

Flat Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Battery   Flat Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Don't forget to come back and let us know what it is.
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

Flat Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Battery   Flat Battery Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Any updates on this problem? or was it a case of hand in the pocket job Flat Battery 794030042
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

Flat Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Battery   Flat Battery Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:58 pm

Well he must have got it sorted and the car has run off with him in it Flat Battery 2381841692
Back to top Go down
snail
Senior user
Senior user

Flat Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Battery   Flat Battery Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:35 pm

l have it all sorted out now.The liquid in the battery wasn't covering the battery cells.l have topped it up and had it recharged.l now take the battery in the bedroom every day wrapped up in a blanket .And when l need to use the car,l just connect it all up knowing the battery is warm.lt fires up first time even in temperatures of -10 and more.
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

Flat Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Battery   Flat Battery Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:27 am

Glad you got it sorted and that it wasn't anything expensive. g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flat Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Battery   Flat Battery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flat Battery

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1