View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 11:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

This could be true for my wife and me next Saturday
50th wedding anniversary

A husband and wife were celebrating their 50th anniversary.
That night the wife approached her husband wearing the exact same sexy negligee she had worn on their wedding night.
Wife: “Honey, do you remember this?”
Husband: “Yes dear, I do. You wore that same negligee the night we were married.”
Wife: “That’s right. Do you remember what you said to me that night?”
Husband: “Yes dear, I still remember.”
Wife: “Well, what was it?”
Husband: “As I remember, I said, ‘Oh baby, I’m going to suck the life out of those big boobs and screw your brains out.’ ”
Wife (She giggled): “Yes honey, that’s exactly what you said. So, now it’s 50 years later, and I’m in the same negligee I wore that night. What do you have to say tonight?”
Husband: “Mission accomplished.”
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 10:22 am

I would like to share this with any forum member who has the time to sit down with a glass of champagne

50 Years and still counting

So on 21st February 2017, having packed our bags we left home in Oxfordshire and made our way to Gatwick airport where we booked in for an overnight stay and leaving the car there for the next eight days
After an early call we made our way across to North Terminal and what a trek that turned out to be
We boarded 7.00am Easyjet flight to Gran Canaria where we were going to spend the next eight days
When the cabin crew came down the isle with the trolley my wife Sheila said what drinks have you got for a Golden Wedding celebration, the reply was Prosecco, so we had two bottles, unbeknown to us she took a note of our seats and checked the passenger list and sure enough there was an announcement where it was made known that there was a couple on board celebrating their Golden Wedding, We felt very humble to be applauded and congratulated, How fantastic was that

On the 23rd February all sort of chaos set in as Hurricane Doris did her best to upset our celebration plans, flights were grounded and airports closed and we had our best friends sat at three different airports keeping me informed by text as to the situation, anyway Doris died down enough to allow the airplanes to take off, and it was a big relief when we knew they had all arrived at their hotels. I must point out here that all three couples booked their own flights and hotels because they wanted to be with us and share our celebrations, we also had a couple of friends from Denmark who made the journey. How fantastic is that

On arrival at our usual apartment we found a card and a bottle of champagne in our room given to us by the Management and we got spoilt for the rest of the week
After a couple of day’s relaxing and getting a tan the ten of us met up to spend the evening at one of our favourite restaurants [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
When we arrived we all had champagne on the house, a special arrangement of flowers on the table and when I was presented with the bill at the end of the evening we got 10% off, How fantastic is that

Having had a very special evening all ten of us met up again at another of our favourite restaurants, this time it was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and we were treated like royalty with our deserts and night caps on the house

With regular visits for the same week over the last twelve years Gran Canaria has a lot of happy memories for us and we feel very much at home there, but as I write (this bit hurts) I don’t know what the future has in store for us as my lovely wife Sheila is suffering from an incurable disease

Everybody left the island on 2nd March and returned to the UK. We had just one day to prepare for a big celebration with fifty family and good friends arriving from all over the UK and it goes without saying that Sheila and I appreciated all the travelling that many had done to be with us covering much of the UK from Land’s end to John O Goats and we would also like to make a special mention to the fact that Veronica and Varnagirl  had flown in from Bulgaria to be with us on this special occasion. Veronica was the young lady who worked for a Varna Estate Agency and sold us the villa ten years ago and Varnagirl has been so supportive and a good friend especially when we had problems with the organised crime factor of our villa.
One other person we must mentioned here is Ashley who owns and runs the Bulgarian forum, He wanted to be with us but it clashed with a hospital appointment which could not be cancelled, without him and all the members on his forum we would probably have thrown in the towel and walked away from it all so thank you Ashley
How fantastic is that

The party itself was fantastic and quite emotional, it was a evening to remember, an evening that brought home the fact that we had been married 50 years and the cards and gifts came flowing in (our garden is now full of golden wedding roses) to let us not to forget.

Photo taken at our Oxfordshire home:- A British Queen (my Mum)  and a Bulgarian Princess (Veronica)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here are just a few of the lovely comments:-

Dear Sheila and Bryan
Just wanted to say a huge thank you for a lovely weekend.  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves - hope you did too!!!
Love Janet and Keith
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Bryan,
Many thanks for a lovely weekend. We had a really fun time…….. afternoon, evening and breakfast!
I’m attaching a photo that I think sums up the party…. lots of people animated and having fun, joining in and enjoying the opportunity to get together.  Lovely.
Lots of love to you all and thank you again,
Paul

Hi Bryan and Sheila,
lovely to see you both on Saturday and for such a good occasion. Sorry we had to go relatively early – and missed the conjuring and some singing I gather.  But it was lovely to see everyone and especially Auntie Kath – who does not look anywhere near 98! I am looking forward to her 100th birthday party! I told her that too!  
Hope you enjoyed the rest of your evening.
Love Jo.
Hi Bryan and Sheila
Just a quick email to say thank you for a lovely party. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole afternoon/evening/breakfast. Your Mum is fantastic for 98. The magician was great - I've looked him up on the internet since I got home. Your granddaughter Jasmine is just an absolute treasure, such a lovely voice and personality - and how well the 4 of the grandkids got on together - no arguments during the whole time they were together! The guitarist/singer chose just the right songs. The food and cake was delicious –

Finally, you two make a lovely couple and congratulations to you both. See you in June.
Love Pam xx
Hello Bryan
Got home from a gig last night and read your email so a great way to end the day!

I'm so pleased that the evening was a success, sometimes a gig is just a gig, but when it's a special party you only have one chance and it's really important that it goes as planned or better so your feedback makes all the preparation worth while.
Isn't Jasmine great? not only talented, but a good kid too which is so important and I was more than happy to let her steal my thunder! :-)

Thanks again and please send love and best wishes to Sheila
Chris (Musician)

Here is a poem read out by a very good friend Liz:-

50 YEARS AND STILL COUNTING

50 Years ago today you were a very radiant bride they say

You walked down the isle to meet your man, who couldn’t wait to take your hand

You moved from your homeland Scotland to stay with your Aunt

It was through her that you met the man who stole your heart

You were just 18 years old when you met, it was love at first sight, I bet

The man of your dreams could sprint a good mile, and this always made you really smile

So on February 25th 1967 you tied the knot there in Reading, St Andrews Church was the venue you chose, and then on to the reception at Grosvenor House where you both became the perfect hosts and everybody gave you good luck toasts

You had two lovely children a girl and a boy, who took up a good part of your life, at times Bryan would think, “do I still have a wife

You now have grandchildren, not one but four, and at times with all their toys you cannot even see the floor

You have stuck by each other through thick and thin and often you felt like a dusty bin

You then got yourself a holiday home, Bulgaria was the place you chose, so let’s hope you can enjoy it for years to come and still love each other until Kingdom Come

A VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

To be continued and this was Veronica’s contribution:-
Attachments
Golden Wedding  - Page 2 AttachmentBryan and Sheila story.pdf
Bryan and Sheila story.pdf
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(282 Kb) Downloaded 42 times
Back to top Go down
stigofthedump
Senior user
Senior user
stigofthedump

PostSubject: Re: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Brian what a lovely story and what great friends you have, you must feel really proud of such a great achievement I know I will if I last that long, it sounds to me that you all had a great time judging from what is written here, and the tribute you have from the young lady from Bg is wonderful she must really think a lot of you both to have gone to so much trouble. Well done Veronica Golden Wedding  - Page 2 570106603 When I read the bit about Guantanamo Restaurant I thought OMG what a place to take here Guantanamo bay Golden Wedding  - Page 2 3998065313 well you know how quick your mind works Golden Wedding  - Page 2 2381841692
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Well Brian what more can I say c You certainly know how to treat a lady when it comes to celebration's Golden Wedding  - Page 2 1995268642 You must feel elated at the presence of so many friends and relatives Golden Wedding  - Page 2 2706089290 Love the poster from veronica it was so lovely to read and you must have had tears in your eye's when you received it Golden Wedding  - Page 2 927475117 tears of joy that is. Well all the very best from myself to both you and Sheila for the next which I presume will be your 75th. Golden Wedding  - Page 2 2706089290 Golden Wedding  - Page 2 2706089290 Golden Wedding  - Page 2 2706089290
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 7:09 pm

sallyann wrote:
Well Brian what more can I say c You certainly know how to treat a lady when it comes to celebration's Golden Wedding  - Page 2 1995268642 You must feel elated at the presence of so many friends and relatives Golden Wedding  - Page 2 2706089290 Love  the poster from veronica it was so lovely to read and you must have had  tears in your eye's when you received it Golden Wedding  - Page 2 927475117 tears of joy that is. Well all the very best from myself to both you and Sheila for the next which I presume will be your 75th. Golden Wedding  - Page 2 2706089290 Golden Wedding  - Page 2 2706089290 Golden Wedding  - Page 2 2706089290
Thank you Sally, so you now know, if you want a celebration you can call on my services. The poster was actually like a scroll with a gold ribbon on it, at the party Veronica undid it and read out exactly what you have read, and by the way if you are referring to my birthday, add another 3 years to you will be right thank you and Golden Wedding  - Page 2 1995268642
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 7:20 pm

stigofthedump wrote:
Brian what a lovely story and what great friends you have, you must feel really proud of such a great achievement I know I will if I last that long, it sounds to me that you all had a great time judging from what is written here, and the tribute you have from the young lady from Bg is wonderful she must really think a lot of you both to have gone to so much trouble. Well done Veronica Golden Wedding  - Page 2 570106603  When I read the bit about Guantanamo Restaurant I thought OMG what a place to take here Guantanamo bay Golden Wedding  - Page 2 3998065313  well you know how quick your mind works Golden Wedding  - Page 2 2381841692

Yes stig, we have wonderful friends and still a couple of foes in Bulgaria but we don't talk about them. My wife and I totally agree with you, Veronica and her husband are the nicest Bulgarian couple you could meet, we love them to bits. As for the restaurant we have been going there for the last 13 years to celebrate our anniversaries and we haven't had ball and chains put on us yet
Golden Wedding  - Page 2 2316720568 again Golden Wedding  - Page 2 1995268642
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 9:00 pm

T  Bryan for sharing this lovely event with us it was indeed an special time for both you and Sheila only wish we could have been there too.  You did her proud as always.  Well done you are a wonderful man.  Very big hugs to you both H H The poster is brilliant and says it all H H
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 10:37 pm

oddball wrote:
T  Bryan for sharing this lovely event with us it was indeed an special time for both you and Sheila only wish we could have been there too.  You did her proud as always.  Well done you are a wonderful man.  Very big hugs to you both H H  The poster is brilliant and says it all H H

Golden Wedding  - Page 2 2316720568 Berni. As you will recall, you were invited but could not make it, but don't think you have got away with it as this is a celebration year not one day , so start saving now. If you and Ashley could have been there the Bulgarian influence would have been complete. We have got a slide show to come from Veronica yet so keep watching as I know how the forum makes you happy Golden Wedding  - Page 2 1069384364  Berni, when somebody said I sympathise for you with Sheila's condition. I replied, I don't want sympathy I want support, and I have to say I could not be in a better place than this forum for support Golden Wedding  - Page 2 2316720568  bless you all
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 1:37 pm

Its great to read such a lovely story in this day and age, and this truly is a great story. I always use to think that most Bulgarians were a bit hard faced when it comes to us Brits but here is a young lady who shows the opposite. Looks like you all had a great tome [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and from what I have read in the past I can only say it is well deserved. Have to agree the poster that Veronica sent you is a true testament of her friendship with you and your dear wife. Golden Wedding  - Page 2 3367882216
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 1:43 pm

willowsend wrote:

I don't want sympathy I want support, and I have to say I could not be in a better place than this forum for support Golden Wedding  - Page 2 2316720568  bless you all

What a nice thing to say Brian thank you from all of us Golden Wedding  - Page 2 570106603 I have read your story and the way you have treated your special lady and I must say you are a true 'Gent' I was going to say how luck she is to have such a wonderful husband but you must also have a wonderful wife H I hope you both have many more years of happiness together and that whatever you both have as people gets past on to future generations. May I wish you both all the happiness and good health for the future. Golden Wedding  - Page 2 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 2:13 pm

Congratulations to you both on this great occasion. Well what can I add to what has already been said? nothing really except to agree that you really do have more friends than you think and its good to know that this forum is a great friend to you. The young lady from Bulgaria is a credit to you and deserves an award for her efforts in making a lovely tribute to you both.
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Well done Brian it seems that the whole event went well including the lead up to it, and hats off to Veronica for her efforts and showing you both true Bulgarian love/friendship. Golden Wedding  - Page 2 570106603 Golden Wedding  - Page 2 570106603 Golden Wedding  - Page 2 570106603
Back to top Go down
GinaA
Senior user
Senior user
GinaA

PostSubject: Re: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 11:36 am

A little late but I wish you both well and every happiness for the future Golden Wedding  - Page 2 1995268642
Back to top Go down
daryl672
daryl672

PostSubject: Re: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 12:08 pm

A little late here too, but it is not often you hear about golden anniversaries and would like to offer my congratulations to the both of you!     Golden Wedding  - Page 2 1995268642
Back to top Go down
Dobrich
Junior user
Junior user
Dobrich

PostSubject: Re: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 11:42 am

willowsend wrote:
I would like to share this with any forum member who has the time to sit down with a glass of champagne

50 Years and still counting

So on 21st February 2017, having packed our bags we left home in Oxfordshire and made our way to Gatwick airport where we booked in for an overnight stay and leaving the car there for the next eight days
After an early call we made our way across to North Terminal and what a trek that turned out to be
We boarded 7.00am Easyjet flight to Gran Canaria where we were going to spend the next eight days
When the cabin crew came down the isle with the trolley my wife Sheila said what drinks have you got for a Golden Wedding celebration, the reply was Prosecco, so we had two bottles, unbeknown to us she took a note of our seats and checked the passenger list and sure enough there was an announcement where it was made known that there was a couple on board celebrating their Golden Wedding, We felt very humble to be applauded and congratulated, How fantastic was that

On the 23rd February all sort of chaos set in as Hurricane Doris did her best to upset our celebration plans, flights were grounded and airports closed and we had our best friends sat at three different airports keeping me informed by text as to the situation, anyway Doris died down enough to allow the airplanes to take off, and it was a big relief when we knew they had all arrived at their hotels. I must point out here that all three couples booked their own flights and hotels because they wanted to be with us and share our celebrations, we also had a couple of friends from Denmark who made the journey. How fantastic is that

On arrival at our usual apartment we found a card and a bottle of champagne in our room given to us by the Management and we got spoilt for the rest of the week
After a couple of day’s relaxing and getting a tan the ten of us met up to spend the evening at one of our favourite restaurants [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
When we arrived we all had champagne on the house, a special arrangement of flowers on the table and when I was presented with the bill at the end of the evening we got 10% off, How fantastic is that

Having had a very special evening all ten of us met up again at another of our favourite restaurants, this time it was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and we were treated like royalty with our deserts and night caps on the house

With regular visits for the same week over the last twelve years Gran Canaria has a lot of happy memories for us and we feel very much at home there, but as I write (this bit hurts) I don’t know what the future has in store for us as my lovely wife Sheila is suffering from an incurable disease

Everybody left the island on 2nd March and returned to the UK. We had just one day to prepare for a big celebration with fifty family and good friends arriving from all over the UK and it goes without saying that Sheila and I appreciated all the travelling that many had done to be with us covering much of the UK from Land’s end to John O Goats and we would also like to make a special mention to the fact that Veronica and Varnagirl  had flown in from Bulgaria to be with us on this special occasion. Veronica was the young lady who worked for a Varna Estate Agency and sold us the villa ten years ago and Varnagirl has been so supportive and a good friend especially when we had problems with the organised crime factor of our villa.
One other person we must mentioned here is Ashley who owns and runs the Bulgarian forum, He wanted to be with us but it clashed with a hospital appointment which could not be cancelled, without him and all the members on his forum we would probably have thrown in the towel and walked away from it all so thank you Ashley
How fantastic is that

The party itself was fantastic and quite emotional, it was a evening to remember, an evening that brought home the fact that we had been married 50 years and the cards and gifts came flowing in (our garden is now full of golden wedding roses) to let us not to forget.

Photo taken at our Oxfordshire home:- A British Queen (my Mum)  and a Bulgarian Princess (Veronica)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here are just a few of the lovely comments:-

Dear Sheila and Bryan
Just wanted to say a huge thank you for a lovely weekend.  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves - hope you did too!!!
Love Janet and Keith
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Bryan,
Many thanks for a lovely weekend. We had a really fun time…….. afternoon, evening and breakfast!
I’m attaching a photo that I think sums up the party…. lots of people animated and having fun, joining in and enjoying the opportunity to get together.  Lovely.
Lots of love to you all and thank you again,
Paul

Hi Bryan and Sheila,
lovely to see you both on Saturday and for such a good occasion. Sorry we had to go relatively early – and missed the conjuring and some singing I gather.  But it was lovely to see everyone and especially Auntie Kath – who does not look anywhere near 98! I am looking forward to her 100th birthday party! I told her that too!  
Hope you enjoyed the rest of your evening.
Love Jo.
Hi Bryan and Sheila
Just a quick email to say thank you for a lovely party. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole afternoon/evening/breakfast. Your Mum is fantastic for 98. The magician was great - I've looked him up on the internet since I got home. Your granddaughter Jasmine is just an absolute treasure, such a lovely voice and personality - and how well the 4 of the grandkids got on together - no arguments during the whole time they were together! The guitarist/singer chose just the right songs. The food and cake was delicious –

Finally, you two make a lovely couple and congratulations to you both. See you in June.
Love Pam xx
Hello Bryan
Got home from a gig last night and read your email so a great way to end the day!

I'm so pleased that the evening was a success, sometimes a gig is just a gig, but when it's a special party you only have one chance and it's really important that it goes as planned or better so your feedback makes all the preparation worth while.
Isn't Jasmine great? not only talented, but a good kid too which is so important and I was more than happy to let her steal my thunder! :-)

Thanks again and please send love and best wishes to Sheila
Chris (Musician)

Here is a poem read out by a very good friend Liz:-

50 YEARS AND STILL COUNTING

50 Years ago today you were a very radiant bride they say

You walked down the isle to meet your man, who couldn’t wait to take your hand

You moved from your homeland Scotland to stay with your Aunt

It was through her that you met the man who stole your heart

You were just 18 years old when you met, it was love at first sight, I bet

The man of your dreams could sprint a good mile, and this always made you really smile

So on February 25th 1967 you tied the knot there in Reading, St Andrews Church was the venue you chose, and then on to the reception at Grosvenor House where you both became the perfect hosts and everybody gave you good luck toasts

You had two lovely children a girl and a boy, who took up a good part of your life, at times Bryan would think, “do I still have a wife

You now have grandchildren, not one but four, and at times with all their toys you cannot even see the floor

You have stuck by each other through thick and thin and often you felt like a dusty bin

You then got yourself a holiday home, Bulgaria was the place you chose, so let’s hope you can enjoy it for years to come and still love each other until Kingdom Come

A VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

To be continued and this was Veronica’s contribution:-

What a lovely time you all seemed have had, 50 years and still counting Golden Wedding  - Page 2 570106603 Although I am a little late can I wish you good fortune and happiness for your future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golden Wedding    Golden Wedding  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golden Wedding

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2