altText
altText

Are thes butterbean family

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Are thes butterbean family   Empty
PostSubject: Are thes butterbean family    Are thes butterbean family   Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi Guys

Bought these beans, not sure what kind of bean they are massive. I steeped them over night in salt water now cooking them slowly.  I think they are butter beans with black markings on but could be wrong any ideas's
I like rice with various kinds of beans so thought I would try them also like soup but they water was black even though changed it three times, so not going to make soup but will put in pasta and stuff assuming they are nice.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Are thes butterbean family    Are thes butterbean family   Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 2:50 pm

oddball wrote:
Hi Guys

Bought these beans, not sure what kind of bean they are massive. I steeped them over night in salt water now cooking them slowly.  I think they are butter beans with black markings on but could be wrong any ideas's
I like rice with various kinds of beans so thought I would try them also like soup but they water was black even though changed it three times, so not going to make soup but will put in pasta and stuff assuming they are nice.

And No [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I did no burn the beans La

Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: Are thes butterbean family    Are thes butterbean family   Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 3:13 pm

They look a bit dark but they could be Pinto beans?
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Are thes butterbean family    Are thes butterbean family   Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 4:27 pm

you keep popping up again NSP1 dont you...we think youv,e gone and then your back..bit like Scott and Bgtraveller , meand mine not about tho...al good fun... s Are thes butterbean family   3367882216
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Are thes butterbean family    Are thes butterbean family   Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 6:29 pm

Here is the packed from the healty food area in Lidi. Someone on Facebook just told me they are for the dogs others said they are from the garden section ie runner bean seeds. They are very tasty so hope I have not poisioned myself. Are thes butterbean family   3897195628

Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Are thes butterbean family    Are thes butterbean family   Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 6:15 am

Well the translation from the bag - боб гигант шарен = pinto beans giant

and according to their site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Giant pinto beans 300 g

This variety has two outstanding benefits - grain size and taste. We recommend it for salads, pots and other traditional dishes.

Do not think you have done yourself any harm... might want to tell FB informant ??

Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Are thes butterbean family    Are thes butterbean family   Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 6:45 am

Good morning all.

T Bill that is great. I woke up a few times in the night to check I was stlll alive La I steeped and cooked a lot of different beans so what seperated into different containers and have now frozen ready to use when needed,

I bought a upright freezer yesterday in Silistra from a shop called Argoous. They bring the white goods from the UK I understand they come from places like hotpoint and probably returns or ex stock. Some items have dents or scratches in them but all fully working and gtd for 6 months. Needed an upright freezer for the garage so hopefully this one at 270lev will do the trick.

The goods are off the concrete and Dougie has build an insulated wall all around them so the washing machine and freezer are snug and hopefully will not freeze up in winter. Unfortunately we have no room in the villa for either so next options was the garage. See how that goes.

We hought about adding an outside chimnley to the garage so we can put a petchka in there but we still have boxes and boxes of stuff we brought here when we first came over when jeep Fergie is in there there won't be much room to move.
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: Are thes butterbean family    Are thes butterbean family   Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 10:05 am

I thought they were, you can do all sorts of things with them including using them in Chilli, mashing them etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Are thes butterbean family    Are thes butterbean family   Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 2:29 pm

Netsniperthefirst wrote:
I thought they were, you can do all sorts of things with them including using them in Chilli, mashing them etc.

Thanks Nets that's wonderful, never thought of chilli. g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are thes butterbean family    Are thes butterbean family   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are thes butterbean family

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1