altText

Gas bottle regulators

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 7:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Getting real fed up with this lark now, everytime we have to disconnect the gas bottle regulator from the gas hob we seem to have a problem fitting it back on again as the gas gets through than cuts out. We have bought 7 regulators so far - Any idea whats going wrong. We bought a Turkish one on Sat it but it would not fit the bottle so have to go back into town again to get another one.  These are the regulators

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this is the Turkish one
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 9:38 am

bulgariabill wrote:
Think thats wise, you may not know what damage trying to straighten pin would have done? might also be an idea to invest in one of the small camping stoves... at least you can boil / fry eggs then, then there is also the BBQ La
Bill

Oh my word, do you know if I had brains I recon I would be dangerous ! La I have two George Foremans grilling machine and electric BBQ and never thought of useing either. Thanks Bill g
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:17 am

Beemmeup
OK so what happens if you have no gas and then you get a power cut!!!!

Think worst case scenario and plan for it NOW,,, you never know when you will be without any of them Cooking
Bill
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 11:29 am

Just to be prepared, I cover all bases. Gas/electric cooker, gas fired bbq, electric grill and a wood fired bbq.

Works for me.
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 11:56 am

Hi Justbazz
Good plan g and do the same here, plus wood burner with oven , so as long as we have wood and back up water, have heat, ambient light and can cook.

Nothing is as easy as it looks, everything takes longer than you expect and if its going to go wrong it will do at the worst possible moment. so think ahead.........
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 7:39 pm

That's the way to go mate...we have a well with really sweet water, so all household needs are met (we even keep the tanks on the toilets full using a bucket). Cooking is not an issue, nor is light, as we keep a half dozen oil lamps full of fuel at all times.

My wood shed holds around 20 cubic metres of split blocks, so heating and cooking is pretty much just a minor hiccup, compared to the normal daily routine. We could keep that up for a few months without any problems.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 8:10 am

We took the gas bottle and the regulator into the garage where we normally buy the gas and I explained we have a problem as the gas does not stay on. He looked a bit bemused but then checked the nozzle in the bottle and looked at the regulator put them together and the gas came out, he said nama problem with the bottle or the regulator maybe it his the pipe, so we thank him and went off to buy a 2 meter lenght of pipe plus new clips total cost 5lev. This morning the gas seems to be working fine, it lit first try and did not go out, so maybe, just maybe that has sorted it. YEPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Won't know for sure until I cook a meal. Fingers cross Angel
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 8:17 am

hope its sorted Oddy...we never had this problem untill recently...so we changed regulator ...gas bottle and hose ...and all was OK for a week ...now its started again !!!!!
been using bottle gas for cooker for years here now and always changed hose and regulator every 2 yrs..but its now starting to P me off..... g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 9:09 am

varnagirl wrote:
hope its sorted Oddy...we never had this problem untill recently...so we changed regulator ...gas bottle and hose ...and all was OK for a week ...now its started again !!!!!
been using bottle gas for cooker for years here now and always changed hose and regulator every 2 yrs..but its now starting to P me off..... g

Thanks hun, we will see how it goes.  I certainly can imagine how you feel, nothing seems to last. I thought it was just us but we seem to be changing things regulary, for instance all the taps leak so we have to get new ones, and they are not the cheapest ones either. I have now discovered if you put elastic bands around the leaking area it stops the leaks. g

The boiler leaked so I stuck a screw in the valve and it's ok now, but I expect will have to be replaced at some stage.  The washing machine seems to have a leak now so we will renew all the pipes see if that works. Everytime we used any of the petrol items ie chain saw, strimmer, mower etc they all break the chainsaw and strimmer  has been in and out of the repair shop so many times they can find their own way there now. One replair cost 72lev could have bought a new chain saw for a little extra.  The tools are Bosch apart from the strimmer which is a German make and suppose to be good quality, but there you go.

But we have GOOD NEWS g  we have stopped buying new kettles now as we changed the water, we no longer used the fountain water for making drinks as this was scaling up the kettle. We use bottle water and the kettle is clear of white lime. I was cleaning the kettle every two days. So a result.... Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 3367882216
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:11 am

Oh guess what! Angry Yes, you guessed correct. The gas is not getting thought - Next time we go to Silistra we will just buy a new bottle and have done with it. If that does not work I will get an electric hot plate. The annoying thing is we have two electric rings one single and one double here SOMEWHERE still loads of unpacking to do since we brought our own stuff over in 2008. The only unpacking we seem to have done was to sort out the stuff we bought for ourselves but would have no used for them here in BG so donated the items to the Silsitra Garden Party for raffle prizes every year......
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:50 am

try ...turning it on at regulator and light...gas goes after few seconds...then turn it off at bottle..wait 30 secs...twist slightly to the right and turn regulator on again and relight

this is what im doing now.... bl**dy nuciene tho
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 2:05 pm

varnagirl wrote:
try ...turning it on at regulator and light...gas goes after few seconds...then turn it off at bottle..wait 30 secs...twist slightly to the right and turn regulator on again and relight

this is what im doing now....  bl**dy nuciene tho

T VG. Gas got through but went out after about 40 seconds flipping pain in the neck
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 2:08 pm

As you seem to have checked all the 'attachments' for problems, have you looked at the actual state of the gas fitting on the cooker? not knowing what type you have, I am thinking could the opening or jets be blocked / obstructed? on ours I can take of the flame plate and get to the inlet valve and blow through with compressed air?, What colour is the flame when it does light? any yellow flame? it should be bright blue?? Just a thought

Bill
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: s   Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 2:49 pm

....or the quality of the gas? I've been caught out before with a bottle that was almost completely full of water...it felt normal when lifted and shaken, but turned out to be water!!

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 3:02 pm

Good thinking, had similar in my car Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Trev62
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Just reading this thread we had a similiar problem when living in Turkey, called a service man out as we could not resolve it, he duly arrived, sat and enjoyed a tea, then vented the gas bottle for a short period of time then sat back down and said "okay now" and it was.

Seems the gas was cold when the bottle was filled and venting it relieved the pressure build up allowing the gas to flow freely, vented every bottle afterwards and never had an issue again.

Anything is worth a try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gas bottle regulators

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-